Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES  (Read 56256 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2006, 07:28:11 AM »

Loved PEOPLE ARE FUNNY and PERSON TO PERSON.

I really did not like THIS IS YOUR LIFE. Though I loved the famous stars he lined up most weeks, Ralph Edwards was just SO smarmy that it made me uncomfortable.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2006, 07:30:29 AM »

Page Two MONSTER, INC. Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2006, 07:31:35 AM »

Oops (spoo, spelled backwards), I loved CANDID CAMERA, too. Really, on Sunday nights, it was our favorite show, even more than Ed Sullivan, Disney, or WHAT'S MY LINE?

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2006, 07:33:39 AM »

Looking forward to DEXTER after DR FJL's comments, and also have COLD CASE and WITHOUT A TRACE if the DVR was programmed long enough to catch all of the latter show.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 07:35:42 AM »

Yep, FLOWER DRUM SONG can't arrive quickly enough to suit me. Then, I can retire the kind of grainy letterboxed copy I taped off AMC many moons ago (A ONCE UPON A MATTRESS reference).

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2006, 07:47:35 AM »

Also BK has his own page.
I saw that & thought about friending him but wondered if that would be kind of stalkerly.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2006, 07:50:23 AM »

Yep, FLOWER DRUM SONG can't arrive quickly enough to suit me. Then, I can retire the kind of grainy letterboxed copy I taped off AMC many moons ago (A ONCE UPON A MATTRESS reference).
I love Flower Drum song! I taped it off the Disney channel...ages ago when it was good & they showed things besides idiotic shows for pre-teens.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2006, 07:56:45 AM »

I do wonder if lynnette will be consumed by guilt (for telling carolyn that nora tried to seduce her hubby - causing carolyn to kill her). But the death may not take on as huge a role as others have speculated. I mean nobody liked nora. So besides kayla, i can't imagine that anyone will really grieve.

Kind of short-sighted of you, DR Jennifer. There is more to fallout than grief. What about Tom and Lynette's children who will now have to welcome a new grown up child into the family full time, one who may be "damaged," and knowing how selfish and wild those boys have been the past two seasons, that could lead to a lot of headaches for the child and for Tom and Lynette. Lynette's guilt could impact her relationship with Tom, too, and Tom's guilt over being tempted by Nora which led to the showdown between Lynette and Nora (and Nora's ultimatum which was leading to a custody case) just all screams acres and acres of guilt, sadness, and trouble.

And when I mentioned the hostage impact on the season, I wasn't just meaning Nora's death either. Gabby and Carlos were pulled back together. Susan's daughter and Edie's nephew are now going to be much closer, and Bree's going to have guilt associations over starting the whole mess.

Every major character is going to be impacted BIG TIME over what happened in last night's episode.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:59:44 AM by Matt H. »

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2006, 08:04:49 AM »

As a poor college student, I didn't eat out much (other than Taco Bell). But anyhoo, Mr. Bruce, that place sounds good, whatever it was.
The places I enjoyed in Northridge were
Vegetable Delight (wait, that was in Granada Hills)
Maria's Italian Kitchen (where the food is heavenly & the staff is angelic)
Falafel Palace (which wasn't as "nice" as the other 2, but very yummy).
There was also an Italian place I liked near Studio City, but I can't recall the name. Best friend Jayse first took me there; he loves it. I'll have to ask him.

FJL

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2006, 08:13:25 AM »

Matt H - I eagerly await your thoughts on last night's DEXTER.  The more I think about it, the more I'm disturbed by it, mostly in terms of where my own loyalties were placed and how swept up I was in it - but that's what I think the creators of the show intended.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2006, 08:24:36 AM »

Matt H - I eagerly await your thoughts on last night's DEXTER.  The more I think about it, the more I'm disturbed by it, mostly in terms of where my own loyalties were placed and how swept up I was in it - but that's what I think the creators of the show intended.

It will be the first thing I watch this afternoon when I return from lunch with best friend John.

And I need to go get cleaned up for that now.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2006, 08:25:28 AM »

Time to ready myself for work.

Tonight we will have Heroes.

But I'm thinking of something other than sandwiches for dinner.   8)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2006, 08:30:35 AM »

TOD - Bride and Groom
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2006, 08:31:39 AM »

Oy! I woke up today feeling like my head was in a vice grip, felt a bit dizzy and a little discombobulated...so I got in my car and drove to the office - that's real bright when I was feeling that way - anyway, I filled a briefcase with work and came back home where I am attempting to feel better.   If I start feeling better I can work here.  It's a lot easier when I'm feeling like this

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2006, 08:33:10 AM »

Over the weekend I redecorated my office - well, took a bunch of photos off one wall and put up some real art instead. It looks a lot different and a lot better.  Now I just need to take a plant stand in for one of my big plants that had to go there for the winter.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2006, 08:40:05 AM »

I love the Tommy Smothers quote, Cillaliz!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2006, 08:41:18 AM »

Feel better vibes for DR Cillaliz~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2006, 08:53:17 AM »

Feel better vibes for DR Cillaliz~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks. Think i'll go to sleep for awhile

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2006, 09:01:15 AM »

... the most wonderful yard tool ever invented: the weed wrench. You can pull up trees up to 2" in diameter.

How many weeds can a witty weed wench wrench while wielding her wicked weed wrench?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2006, 09:03:58 AM »

Such a day of errrands with dad!  The post office, the cemetary to see my mother's grave, KMart where we had to run through four different packs of hearing aid batteries till we found the one Everready not Duracell) that fit his hearing aid, Staples, and the bank.  

Father is safely home and I am back to Christmas charts!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2006, 09:07:24 AM »

Another sparkling day - just sparkling - oh, a Last Starfighter reference.

singingnymph - friend me, Sidney.  

My myspace page is a joke.  I registered because I thought that was the only way to read comments, and I'd been told there were some comments I needed to read.  That was last May.  For months my only friend was Tom, which I thought amusing.  Then some people found me - fans of the recordings, and that was nice.  If anyone wants to volunteer to make it a real page, that's fine.  And if anyone wants to friend me, Sidney, do so.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2006, 09:09:46 AM »

DR Rodzinzski, Wax 'n' Facts is still there, and still great. There are a couple of new stores that have opened up that are also great.

The Tara is still open too---it's 2 miles from my house. But we have experienced a real loss: after 65 years, the Garden Hills Cinema, a small art house which I imagine you may have attended, closed last week. I was really disappointed because this would have been a short walk from the new house. Bummer ! I'm sure they will build something tall on the site. I'm beginning to think that every one story building on Peachtree Street is in danger!

Anohter upcoming loss: the Roxy Theatre on P'tree St. in Buckhead. This was the first talkie theatre in Atlanta and has beautiful art deco details. The whole block will be razed to build something tall. I really don't see why they can't keep the theatre as a keystone and build around it.

RIP Roxy--with an appropriate marquee...

That is sad to see. I love the old theatres... They have class and personality. Fargo has an old art-deco influenced theatre that has been restored and she show a lot of Indies, documentaries, and art films. They even host a film festival in March.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2006, 09:17:09 AM »

Not overly familiar with myspace. I have heard of it and visited a few sites on it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2006, 09:17:34 AM »

TOD:

YOU BET YOUR LIFE which was always more about the contestants then the actual game.

CANDID CAMERA

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2006, 09:18:30 AM »

Thank you DerBrucer for the Congrats!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2006, 09:22:41 AM »

Anohter upcoming loss: the Roxy Theatre on P'tree St. in Buckhead. This was the first talkie theatre in Atlanta and has beautiful art deco details. The whole block will be razed to build something tall. I really don't see why they can't keep the theatre as a keystone and build around it.

LA managed a successful "heritage" vs "skyscraper" trade-off when the

LA Public Library

sold their air-rights to permit the construction of the

Library Tower (US Bank Building)

The cylindrical structure on the left was completed in 1989 using plans from J.M. Pei and Partners. At 1017 feet, it is the tallest building west of Chicago and east of Hong Kong, and perhaps symbolized the final rung in Los Angeles' climb toward world city status. The 350 million dollar project was nicknamed the Library Tower because it "borrowed" the air rights of the Los Angeles Central Library in exchange for support of the Library renovation. It is a round high rise with the diameter decreasing toward the top, and it is capped by a "lighthouse".

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2006, 09:28:50 AM »

Bummer ! I'm sure they will build something tall on the site. I'm beginning to think that every one story building on Peachtree Street is in danger!

Well, you're an "activist" - form the Hovel Heritage Workgroup (HHW) ;) to pressure the city fathers.

Remember:
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2006, 09:37:30 AM »

For those who asked, here is the poster for The Brain From Planet X.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2006, 09:42:01 AM »

"Meet the Grantmakers" panel

Are Hugh's parents the honorees?

der Brucer

A Wayward Wind blew in an option:

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2006, 09:43:41 AM »

....Other than that, it is a beautiful day here in Rehoboth.  The sun is shining brightly.  The sky is blue and all the leaves are green.  My heart's as warm as a baked potato. I think I know precisely what I mean, when I say it's a Shpadoinkle day!

George:  ;)!!!

And a Happy Shpadoinkle Day to you, too!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up