Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DANCING LADIES AND LEAPING LORDS  (Read 20625 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:DANCING LADIES AND LEAPING LORDS
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2003, 01:48:44 PM »

Hawaii?????

Hugh Jackman - by golly that is Faye's hair on Wolverine!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 01:49:08 PM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jed

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2003, 01:50:17 PM »

And by the way, how do diet sprites jump exactly?  

I would presume that getting (diet) coked up is involved.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2003, 01:51:35 PM »

This is my graduation present, since I finished both of my degrees and am techinically a college graduate.  
I am staying with my best friend from college, Tiana, who was born here.  This summer she slept on my floor for a month whilst trying to find an apartment.  This is her way of making it up to me :)  
I don't think we'll be island hopping much.  There is plenty to do around here as it is.  It's nice to be here with a local instead of in a hotel.  I feel less like a tourist.  

Jed

« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2003, 01:57:20 PM »

Well, I do believe it is time for me to sign off for a few days.  About to hit the road to spend Christmas at my mom's house, where there is no internet access.  The very happiest of holidays to one and all, all and one.  I'll be back to rejoin the HHW merriment either Saturday or Sunday.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2003, 01:57:34 PM »

DR Jed----- you saucy cat you !  :o   I just read your reply last night to my comment about Sugar playing with my foot under the covers.  Naughty boys must be spanked!  Yes, even straight naughty boys!   ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2003, 01:58:17 PM »

Oohhh... Just checked the Broadway Grosses for last week on Playbill.com... Interesting, very interesting.  I was surprised to see the low numbers for Millie (quite a drop in the gross), and Take Me Out (since it announced closing weeks).  And the continuing 101%+ figure for Mamma Mia! still puzzles me too.  Well, not really... as they say in Dreamgirls, "Showbiz is just show biz."
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2003, 02:01:33 PM »

Safe Travels to all DRs who will be venturing over the river and through the woods.  Or even just across the street.  I, myself, shall be heading back to Richmond tonight after the show so that I can spend Christmas Eve with some of my friends down there.  Then I'll be heading back up to NoVA for the family activities on Christmas Day.

I'll check back once I'm back home in Richmond later tonight...
Make Your Own Luck.

MusicGuy

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2003, 02:01:59 PM »

Dear esteemed, robust, and healthy-as-a-horse BK --

Try not to think about any of those sinusy type sniffles, and have fun preparing for your soiree tomorrow evening.  DR Kerry and I will be thinking of all the merriment, the gaeity, the laughter and legs, the pride and the prejudice, the naked maja, the..........

oh dear, I'm afraid my synapse just jumped the track and turned south....

little sheba,....sheba...little sheba.....

Tomovoz

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2003, 02:02:00 PM »

Have a wonderful holiday DR Ann. You'll be even closer to the SW corner of Washington state. (OZ).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MusicGuy

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2003, 02:02:56 PM »

And Dear JOSE --  your cookies are a hit everywhere..... and you bake well too!

Tomovoz

« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2003, 02:07:03 PM »

No Jed as well! Have a wonderful Christmas Jed and likewise to all those other DRs who shall not be in touch for a few days. (The rest of you get greetings tomorrow).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2003, 02:09:49 PM »

Dear reader Ann: Oh, I never threaten - I bypass that step entirely.  ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2003, 02:42:15 PM »

What is happening to the Washington delegation of HHW???  One is off enjoying the tropical paradise of Hawaii and another has left for internet Siberia.  Not to mention our brother, Ozzie, to the far south who has turned into a party animal this holiday season.  I guess George and I are going to have start getting out more ouselves.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2003, 02:50:42 PM »

TCB: We just thought you were too busy serving gruel to orphans etc and needed to be left alone with your collection of handkerchiefs. I still consider you one of us - even if you are still strutting your stuff most nights with a young nancy.
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2003, 02:57:05 PM »

Going to a meeting...pray for Rosemary's Baby.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2003, 02:57:16 PM »

Must mention my favourite Chistmas presents for this year (yes they were opened early but there were special circumstances). "Everything Was Possible" (Book) and "Le Chateau Dans Le Ciel" (DVD). I am indeed a lucky man to have such thoughtful friends. HHW has added a great deal to my life in a number of ways.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2003, 03:09:05 PM »

I'm hoping to get out of here right at six again, as I have much preparation to do for tomorrow night's festivities.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2003, 03:20:39 PM »

What is happening, a lull?  It is rainy and I shall be getting wet as I did not wear my baseball cap today and I do not have a parapluis.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2003, 03:25:50 PM »

Why BK, there is never a lull moment at HHW!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2003, 03:28:51 PM »

I must go and rap or wrap or some such thing. Cliff Richard is singing about "Mistletoe and Wine". Why do I have so many Christmas Cds. There is no way I can ever play them all in the holiday season and I still seem to buy one or two each year. It seems that I shall receive my Carly Simon Christmas CD in time to play for the New Year.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2003, 03:35:11 PM »

This could prove to be interesting: a DC resident I've known via another site is coming up to Rehoboth over the weekend, and has asked about getting in touch!  Der Brucer thinks it might be a good idea (she's a pro chef, and he loves meeting people in interesting professions).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2003, 03:36:25 PM »

What is happening to the Washington delegation of HHW???  One is off enjoying the tropical paradise of Hawaii and another has left for internet Siberia.  Not to mention our brother, Ozzie, to the far south who has turned into a party animal this holiday season.  I guess George and I are going to have start getting out more ouselves.

I'd love to get out A LOT more, but right now I only have about $5 until the end of the month  ::) ...unless my parents come through and give me money for Christmas.  ;)  Actually, my mom said that that's all she's going to give anyone, so it's going to happen.  (But if not, I'm ROYALLY screwed!)  Next year when I get my income tax refund (I've gotten more each year!), it will be the first year where I won't have to have major servicing on my car and I will actually get to keep most (but not all) of my refund!  That will be very nice.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 03:40:03 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2003, 03:52:29 PM »

And with this post we have achieved 14,000 posts

Tomovoz

« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2003, 04:11:19 PM »

Congratulations to all and one. 14,000. Wow!
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2003, 04:46:38 PM »

How are we ever to reach 15,000 posts with lulls?

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2003, 04:50:39 PM »

Hey DR Panni congrats on passing your driving test. I remember passing the written part quite easily. Although it is scary when you are only allowed a few mistakes.

The part that freaked me out was the actual driving test. That is where so many people seem to fail. I wanted to pass on my first try. But I was told many people failed.

And I almost did. The instructor was not happy with me. I had failed my parallel parking on the first try (but insisted on trying again, and luckily was perfect my second try). But I had also rushed into the right lane very late to make a right turn (nobody would let me in).

He was not happy with me and said he should have failed me. But instead he passed me. Yeah.

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2003, 04:55:58 PM »

DR Laura 2, I like the term "happy vibes". It makes people happy!

DR Diane, ha! My guess for the box is one month!  

Tomorrow night is Christmas eve at my aunt's.  I bought a whole bunch of stuff for my dog cousin. The dollar store here has a whole section for pets. I got a doggie stocking where you put the pet's picture. A doggie santa outfit, dog stuffed animals and more. And each item was only a dollar!

td

• td
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2003, 05:06:01 PM »

JASON GRAAE IS ON MY TV ! ! !

PBS Broadcast of a Holiday Concert for the Troops from washington, D.C. with Kathy Mattea, Marvin Hamlish, Harolyn Blackwell,  J. Mark McVey, Cyndi Lauper and JASON GRAAE ! !

Hope everyone else gets to see this!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Danise

« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2003, 05:15:06 PM »

Good evening and a very

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

to the Birthday boys!

It’s very had to believe that we stand on the eve of Christmas Eve.  Somehow it doesn’t feel much like Christmas this year.

Best wishes and vibes to you, Dan.  I understand what your going though.  This is the first Christmas without a family member for me as well and without going into it, I’m having a hard time with it.  I know it sounds bad but knowing there are others does help–please understand it’s not that I wish that on anyone.

Well, what is everyone having good for Christmas dinner?  Thanks to a friend, I won’t have to cook this year!  Yay!  I was given a very nice gift certificate to the Honey Baked Ham Company!  It’s way to much ham for just Mom and I so I guess I will be taking ham sandwiches to work for the next couple of months to say the least.  I also got a nice green bean Casserole, some sweet potatoes to bake and finely a great cheesecake!  Yum!  I’m looking forward to it.

I'm hoping to get off from work early tomorrow.  My boss is nice enough to offer to bring me home if we do so I won't have to wait for the bus.  Of all the things I have to be grateful this year, a GREAT boss is one the top five.

Congrats to Panni who passed the  driving test!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] [/move]

May that never happen to you!  My best advise is what I tell people--"If you don't like the way I drive--STAY OFF THE SIDEWALK!"

Lastly this is just for Craig who has a harem--

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

td

• td
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2003, 05:35:15 PM »

Oh! Look! Danise posted a picture of herself in her pantaloons!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 05:35:30 PM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up