Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I'VE SAID IT AND I'M GLAD  (Read 99087 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:I'VE SAID IT AND I'M GLAD
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2006, 05:18:20 PM »

Almost time for the Doctor and Rose!

I'll be there...three hours later. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2006, 05:41:45 PM »

Well, it's time to go home so I can look around to see if I left my cell phone there!  I'm sure I had it last night after rehearsal, but I don't have it with me now! :o

If my phone is there, I'll call my sister to see if she has any home-improvement plans for tonight.  A couple more light fixtures have to be swapped out, but since we'll have to turn off the power, that might not be a good idea when it's this dark. ::) I'm sure that there are other things that will need to be done, though.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 05:42:19 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2006, 06:08:59 PM »

Well, I survived the students! There were 2 classes with about 35 students each. Greg came with me because he could bring a different slant to doc making since he's out doing the shooting. or as he said, he goes out fishing, catches a bunch of different kinds of fish of varying quality and brings them home for me to make a meal out of it all.

Most insightful question: "At which point does a documentary become propaganda". My smart-assed answer was that propaganda was a film made from a viewpoint I didn't agree with, and they laughed. But really, you could spend a whole quarter examining that.

When I mentioned that our last film, "The Internationale" was being released on DVD next week, they applauded!

This nice interlude away from our normal work routine took the sting out of the news I heard when I called my partner to report on the repsonse form the class and he told me that we had been rejected by POV. Oh well...

Thanks for all the vibes sent my way. It was quite fun and not scary at all!

NICE DAY!!!

I’m sorry to say NETFLIX doesn’t have "The Internationale"

Jane

« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2006, 06:15:34 PM »

George-Good luck finding your phone.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2006, 06:31:36 PM »

Fortunately, a few years later I was ready to be fully out of the closet, and such subterfuges weren't necessary.  (This was about 25 years ago, if you need a time reference.)

Secrets can eat at one’s soul.  My family kept so many because of my mother’s problems.  Having the option to choose when to be open is much simpler.  

I knew plenty of Jewish folks who changed their names & were careful about who knew they were Jewish.

I knew Black folks who told me I was lucky I could hide my race.

Wouldn’t it be nice if these “differences” didn’t matter?

FJL

« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2006, 06:44:47 PM »

Speaking of corn, have I ranted lately about how Sugar Pops became Corn Pops without and change in the ingredients?  Or did I imagine that?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »

TOD: I didn't listen to anything today -- another meeting.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2006, 08:23:28 PM »

I feel a xenophobic/jingoistic rant coming on department:  Why the [size=8]F***&@?((%%%[/size] can't companies hire "customer service" people who speak English?  Is it toooo much to ask?

It turns out all Qwest MSN customers suddenly had an error message about an hour ago when they sought to sign in to MSN (as I did).  Turns out Qwest upgraded the software this morning without realizing the upgrade required a corollary software to make it work.  So after thinking my computer's hard drive was dying, reinstalling (with no effect) and then waiting on hold for about 15 minutes, I get Helga von Unintelligible (not her real name  :o) who attempts to "talk me through" the software download.  AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

All fixed now (I found it myself).

There, I feel nominally better.  Thanks for listening.  ;)

I hear ya!!! Try being nearly deaf and dealing with customer service on the phone....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2006, 08:25:45 PM »

Wind energy and bio-diesel fuels are also growing in ND.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2006, 08:27:24 PM »

Wouldn’t it be nice if these “differences” didn’t matter?

AMEN!!  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2006, 08:28:08 PM »

I had a very full evening of viewing. I began with last night's UGLY BETTY, a captivating episode with the ever-wonderful Justin making a PHANTOM OF THE OPERA mask out of a protective sports cup, Betty trying to balance home and work, and Daniel and his infatuations. Also love Marc at the office despite his bitchiness to Betty. Just a delightful series.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2006, 08:28:17 PM »

Heard this on the news tonight:

An election race in Traill County, ND was finally decided tonight with a tennis ball...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2006, 08:29:16 PM »

Sorry I have been E&T... I have had a lot going on... some good and some bad...

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2006, 08:30:06 PM »

SUPERNATURAL certainly made me jump out of my chair at a moment when a man's girl friend took on the eerie face of a demon. Made me jump and I kept shuddering for at least half a minute afterwards from the surprise of that ugly scene. Excellent revelations which should power upcoming episodes.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2006, 08:31:58 PM »

I had time to squeeze in a CSI: NY episode from the DVD set. This was the murder of the girl dressed in a mermaid costume. Sad story of a girl pursuing her dreams coming to a bad end.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2006, 08:33:44 PM »

LAS VEGAS was a total waste of time. The show has gotten ridiculous since its first guilty pleasure season. Now, everyone's infested with cases of the cutes, and Jill Hennessy and Jerry O'Connell were totally wasted popping into Vegas in pursuit of a murderer from Boston.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2006, 08:34:52 PM »

not a good day in the post deparment....

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2006, 08:35:27 PM »

LAW & ORDER had one of those cases equal in impact to some of those from its glory years. A case where the man is obviously guilty but you could imagine a jury being swayed by sentiment and sorrow in ignoring the law and letting him go. I really enjoyed the episode.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2006, 08:36:17 PM »

Media Check:

DVD: Sex in the City, season 1
VHS: Roots
CD: Carlos Nunez: Irmandades das Estrellas, Gael Force, Usung Sondheim

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2006, 08:36:53 PM »

I didn't get my WHITE CHRISTMAS new cast recording, but I did get the first of my DD DVD orders which should set me up just fine for weekend viewing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2006, 08:37:47 PM »

Might I just ask WHERE IN TARNATION IS EVERYONE???  Puh-leeze, I need more postings to read.  However, I'm back for but a moment and must now sup, after which I shall return.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2006, 08:38:12 PM »

And I'm very pleased DD is extending their sale. There are still two or three things I can order though next week isn't as jam packed with new releases as the previous two weeks have been.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2006, 08:39:17 PM »

Tonight's MONK will be the only show left on the DVR to watch tomorrow. Otherwise, it'll be a strictly DVD weekend. Hooray!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2006, 08:39:19 PM »

Thanks for the info on mercury retrograde.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2006, 08:49:01 PM »

Glad to see you back here where you belong, DakotaCelt.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2006, 08:49:22 PM »

Good luck vibes on the recasting choice bk!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2006, 08:50:49 PM »

It is nice to be back...

Almost done with the paper from heck, have had some nice things happen and dont want to think about the other sad matter. My dad is worsening but he is still being stubborn about things so in a roundabout way that may be a good thing.

FJL

« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2006, 08:54:09 PM »

NBC SPOILER - I THINK FROM "LAS VEGAS"

MattH - I was flipping stations and just happened to catch a brief snippet about killing a rat on LAS VEGAS, I believe.  I couldn't tell - with whom were our sympathies supposed to lie, with the rat killer or the person who berated her for killing the rat?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2006, 08:57:59 PM »

Re:  family secrets.  My family's Jewish heritage was a strictly verboten subject when I was growing up, due mostly to my father's military career (he was one of the few Jews to make the rank of General in the Army) and traumatic childhood (he was orphaned at a very early age and then was raised by an Orthodox foster family), which my sisters and I think turned him completely off of being Jewish.  His brother did in fact change his surname to try to escape anti-Semitism.

DS Betsy is a green energy maven here in the northwest.  She is in charge of green power initiatives for Energy Trust, a huge quasi-governmental agency here in Portland.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2006, 08:59:49 PM »

Because lunch ran late, I only had a chance to watch two things from last night.

I began with CSI, an OK episode with idetical twins (who knew nothing about each other) murdered within two hours of each other.

Something happened to Gregg Sanders on last week's show (which I forgot to record) so that now he's being sued by some family due to some testimony he gave in court. It was briefly mentioned during the show but no backstory was offered, so I have no idea what that's about.

CSI SPOILER

If you remember a few shows ago ,Greg drove his car into the pack of mask wearing teenager who were beating to death innocent tourists, before being dragged from his car and being beaten himself.  One of the boys , the ringleader, ran towards Greg;s car and was hit and killed.  At the increst they found Greg not guilty of criminal wrong doing and refused to indict him for manslaughter, however they did not rule the death justifiable, leaving him in a bad situation.  The boy's mother and brother insisted he was a wonderful , clean uoright citizen, an honor student and could not have possibly been involved in anything criminal.  The brother threatened Greg and the family has started a civil suit to sue hoim for wrongful death.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up