Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HIT THE ROAD TO DREAMLAND  (Read 21096 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
HIT THE ROAD TO DREAMLAND
« on: November 24, 2006, 12:28:28 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were dreamy, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently hitting the road to dreamland, too.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 12:41:12 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:HIT THE ROAD TO DREAMLAND
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 12:30:14 AM »

And the word of the day is: ROBORANT!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 01:04:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: ROBORANT!

adjective:  strengthening; restoring vigor or strength

noun:  an invigorating drug, a restorative or tonic
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 01:08:40 AM »

A roborant is not C3PO getting mad at R2-D2. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 04:57:19 AM »

A roborant is not C3PO getting mad at R2-D2. ;)
So, this means I can't try -

Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
And when they didn't let C3P0 cut in,
He went into a Robo-Rant?

Phooey.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 05:01:54 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have around 10 hours of work on The Brain today and a trip to the post office before I head to Toyland tonight for about 4 hours of editing.

TOD: Now that the scoring is essentially finished, I can listen again.  Maybe no viewing yet but I am back to CDs.

Currently:  Goldilocks (OBC), Guy Haines, White Christmas
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 05:04:49 AM »

Sylvester found that dining on an entire catnip plant (leaves, stalk, BRAN, ROOT, everything!) made for an excellent ROBORANT, giving him enough energy to pursue that danged yellow bird once more.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 05:20:48 AM »

TOD -

DVD - Still making my way through the Key to Time stories of Doctor Who.  I've finished with The Stones of Blood (Beatrix Lehmann as the dotty Professor Emilia Rumford was particularly delightful) and have moved on to Androids of Tara, a sci-fied spin on that chestnut, The Prisoner of Zenda.  I rather like chestnuts, don't you?

Books - Still muddling my way though The Omnivore's Dilemma.  Our hero has finished his second meal, which he calls "Industrial Organic," and finds it superior to the food from McDonald's, but still lacking.  Onwards to true organic!  Did you know that, omniverous as we humans are, one of the most plentiful sources of nutirition around is one we do not eat?  Well, we don't eat grass.  We just eat the grass eaters.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 05:27:23 AM »

Oh Roberant....isn't that what Laura Petrie used to say all the time?

MR BK you probably had a crab mould as opposed to a crab mold, or you will be feeling very ill today.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 05:28:01 AM »

DR TCB posted this link yesterday....

www.lightounite.org

Up to over 44,000 when I lit my candle this morning.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 05:29:13 AM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 05:31:55 AM »

TOD:

VCR:  Cry Danger!

CD:  A Celtic Christmas

DVD:  WHEW!

Just finished watching for the second time GOKE: BODY SNATCHER FROM HELL, sent to me by DR MBARNUM.  Terrific Japanese movie with fine color, performances, and story.  Wow!

Also watched a German Western with the same characters though NOT much of the same story as THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS.  Very nice...enjoyed it, and the interview with the main actor.  Some of the Indians seemed to have some Swiss embroidery on their loinclothes, and the colors of some of the clothes were a bit more Old Country than New World....but it was good.

THEN I watched Mr John (hunky) Gabriel as a very mean movie star doing terrible things to Cricket Blake on HAWAIIAN EYE....of course Cricket was suspected when said Movie Star met an untimely demise....but she lived to sing another song....uh....day.

Couple of more WB shows....all in all...a fine way to spend the day.

Thanks, DR MBARNUM.

Michael

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 05:32:29 AM »

44701 candles lit.

Interesting. I lit a candle (few minutes ago) and that is exactly the number of candles they said were lit.

I have a feeling they will donate the max amount anyway.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 05:32:48 AM »

44701 candles lit.

;D ;D

Off to retail Hell.....I am hoping we have LOTS of customers today who find things they want to buy!!!   ;D

Pray for Rosemary's Nativity Baby.  8)

Michael

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 05:33:33 AM »

No movies planned for the weekend, but it doesn't mean that I won't watch anything.

In theaters I do recommend Happy Feet.
Never stop dreaming.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 06:39:55 AM »

DR Vixmom, thanks for the recipes! I'm sure I can find one among all thosel Excellent!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 06:52:48 AM »

DR Rodzinski, there were a LOT of people who wanted to see the return of the Dutton brats. In season 2, which will have a rebroadcast starting Dec. 5th (after the 2 hour "special event" on the 4th---2 new episodes, one directed by Kevin Bacon) Dennis Dutton reappears, as an investor in a restaurant where the murder took place. He's just as annoying and smug in this episode, and his banter with Brenda is fun.

I'm enjoying seeing some of these characters reappear in other episodes, especially Terrence, who took her cat to the vet in episode 7.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 06:55:20 AM »

TOD:
CD player: VO demo for a friend's son who wants to get into voicing cartoons. I'm trying to help him select which versions to use. He's young, but very talented!

DVD: "The Internationale", of course. Had to check and see what the menus look like...I'd only seen stills of them. First Run did a really nice job!

Edisaurus

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 06:56:22 AM »

I also watched the Comic Relief show, and it put me to sleep. Maybe I had too much turkey, but I didn't see much that made me laugh.

Edisaurus

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 07:00:11 AM »

There was one comedian, an impressionist, who told a joke in our BTS footage that made me laugh . I don't know if it will translate to text...maybe it's only funny with the impression, but image:

George Bush walks into a library: "I'd like a gordita and two tacos, please!"

Librarian: "Sir, do you realize that you're in a library?"

Bush (chagrined): "Oh, sorry". (Whispers) "I'd like a gordita and two tacos, please..."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 07:23:08 AM »

Good morning!

It's just as beautiful today as it was yesterday. Not particularly cold but bright and calm. A perfect fall day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 07:26:18 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - WHITE CHRISTMAS (original stage cast recording)

DVD - THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS
          MURDER SHE WROTE - Season 4, disc 3
          A CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING
          MARIE ANTOINETTE

DVR - DA ALI G SHOW
          BITTERSWEET

videotape - MRS. SANTA CLAUS

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 07:27:41 AM »

I know a couple of folks here are fans of the CBS series THE GHOST WHISPERER. I'm going to watch it for the first time ever tonight. Naturally, I'll post my thoughts when I come back on in the latenight hour.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 07:29:23 AM »

There was one comedian, an impressionist, who told a joke in our BTS footage that made me laugh . I don't know if it will translate to text...maybe it's only funny with the impression, but image:

George Bush walks into a library: "I'd like a gordita and two tacos, please!"

Librarian: "Sir, do you realize that you're in a library?"

Bush (chagrined): "Oh, sorry". (Whispers) "I'd like a gordita and two tacos, please..."

LOL!! I just read that out to the Vixter and she laughed her head off!

Hold on one moment while I reattach it...

ok all better now
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 07:30:43 AM »

I woke up at 7:30 and went out to do some Christmas shopping I did very well but I cannot tell you what I bought as I have  a nosy Vixter reading over my shoulder

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 07:33:50 AM »

Isn't it odd how musical-variety shows are so out of fashion now?

Last week, neither the Tony Bennett special nor the two-hour Madonna concert did well at all in the ratings. And various shows featuring country artists like Clint Black and Kenny Chesney haven't done well either.

A couple of years ago a Clay Aiken Christmas special finished third in its time slot and an American Idol Christmas special the next week did even worse, despite the fact that American Idol has finished as the #1 show of the season for the past four years.

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 07:37:29 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  Of the 14 people in our dining room yesterday, only one had to get up this morning for work.  And here I am, information-waitressing all day.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 07:48:17 AM »

Isn't it odd how musical-variety shows are so out of fashion now?

Last week, neither the Tony Bennett special nor the two-hour Madonna concert did well at all in the ratings. And various shows featuring country artists like Clint Black and Kenny Chesney haven't done well either.

A couple of years ago a Clay Aiken Christmas special finished third in its time slot and an American Idol Christmas special the next week did even worse, despite the fact that American Idol has finished as the #1 show of the season for the past four years.

I highly suspect these shows fail because (1) they're overproduced, in general, and (2) the folks putting them together don't have a CLUE how to present an hour or two of entertainment.

Let's face it, the performers are pretty much prima donnas who want to plug their own "holiday special" albums, if any.  They want their own arrangements and many demand to lip synch to pre-recorded pap that is a maze of unappealing synth nonsense with tons of reverb.

I think everyone who control things believe a simple variety show special done in the manner of the old Andy Williams/Perry Como/Bing Crosby mode is outdated and won't sell.

Trouble is, they don't know how to do something better.  And it's all a matter of "simplicity", IMO.  Establish a theme, select the songs, and then bring in the talent to sing those songs live or live-to-tape...i.e. what you see is what you get.  

They need to stop futzing with production and let the talent stand (or fail) on its own merits.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 07:49:25 AM »

Well, I think I'm going to get a jump start on the day's viewing.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 07:50:17 AM »

Re:  "American Idol" vs. the Clay Aiken special.  Apples and oranges.  The former is a competition and live and what-you-hear-is-real-and-live.  On the latter...overproduced lip-synched pap with nothing "special" being offered.  IMO, of course.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up