Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: HIT THE ROAD TO DREAMLAND  (Read 21077 times)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
Re:HIT THE ROAD TO DREAMLAND
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2006, 09:09:27 PM »

And Page 6.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2006, 09:09:39 PM »

Woo hoo! Now to bed.

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2006, 09:13:44 PM »

Thanks TPunk.  Good luck with the weight loss over night.   I'd need to sleep for a few months for it to work!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2006, 10:25:25 PM »

I hope that I lose 5 pounds in my sleep tonight.
I pray for that every night I go to bed.  ;)
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2006, 10:53:55 PM »

DR Tom, those birds are unbeleivable! Great photos! (I have the same camera...)

They remind me of painted buntings. We don't get those, either, but we do get the indigo bunting.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2006, 10:59:24 PM »

DR TPunk---when we bought our house, it came with boxes of colored crafty feathers, puff-pompom balls, & ....eyes! If you think you could use any of these, I'd be happy to send them to you. I was going to donate them to an after school program here.

If you knew what these were originally used for, you would be quite surprised!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2006, 11:00:05 PM »

Somehow I have singlehandedly cleared the room.

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2006, 11:03:09 PM »

Not quite DR Edisauras!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2006, 11:03:13 PM »

I did no shopping today, other than buying a book to send my partner for his BD, and mailed it off along with some other packages. I had some work done on my car, then Greg and i got haircuts, did yard work until it got dark, and then painted and cleaned at the new house until 1AM. Feels good to sit down!

Edisaurus

« Reply #159 on: November 24, 2006, 11:03:39 PM »

Yay! Tom is back!

Edisaurus

« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2006, 11:04:12 PM »

I was huddled in the corner, crying and feeling very alone...

Edisaurus

« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2006, 11:06:56 PM »

I was thinking about remakes during all this cleaning and yardwork business today. It seems like all the remakes of 70's and 80's TV shows into movies always seem to be pretty awful.

But I was thinking that I would like to see a remake of "Then Came Bronson", one of my favorite TV shows of my youth. Does anyone remember that show?

Edisaurus

« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2006, 11:07:28 PM »

I'm glad the Vixter's head has been reattached.

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2006, 11:08:34 PM »

I'll go back to photographing the more "common" garden birds here. There are six other parrots types that are regular visitors. Four (types) which will feed most days from the seed we put out.  "Our" Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoos feed on the seed pods from native shrubs in the garden and the Eastern Rosellas tend to be ground feeders - preferring the native grasses.

The "regulars" are the Sulphur Crested Cockatoos, Galahs, Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots.  I'll try and get some photographs in the next week.
James Thurber 1957

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2006, 11:09:36 PM »

Sorry, I tend to keep this open in one tab while I actively surf in others.

Edisaurus

« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2006, 11:14:46 PM »

We photograph any birds that are unusual for us...we had some interesting ones this year but not nearly as exotic as your Castro street birds!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2006, 11:15:25 PM »

Back from Light In The Piazza, which was better in person than on that Lincoln Center broadcast.  More about that in the notes.

Edisaurus

« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2006, 11:17:27 PM »

We're watching "Mists of Avalon" on TNT in HD. When I worked on this, several years ago, I watched it in a very low-res form. It looks very nice and I think even BK would approve of the color transfer!

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2006, 11:29:38 PM »

This may belong in the FNM section, but I'll ask it here anyway.
Mr. Bruce, whatever happened to the hat from Perversion? Are you in posession of it? I'm so erm...tickled by it. For lack of a better word. Heee.

Tomovoz

« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2006, 11:29:56 PM »

I've just taken a photograph of a Crimson Rosella. I'll post it tomorrow. We've had some Galahs in the last few minutes but they are not as co-operative!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2006, 11:58:50 PM »

The galahs consented to having their photograph taken through the window!  Two photos to be posted for the new day.

Hopefully a very friendly (and demanding) King Parrot will make his usual appearance on the window sill in the morning.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2006, 12:28:40 AM »

I've been watching TV almost all day today (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ::))!  No, I really was. :) Anyway, I watched the last three episodes of "How I Met Your Mother," then, I sort of fast-forwarded through last week's episode of "Men in Trees."  I'm beginning to lose interest in this...not totally, but it may not last long for me.  After that, I fast-forwarded through both the NBC and CBS broadcasts of the 80th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and watched all the theater performances.  There didn't seem to be as many as there have been in past years, and it was sort of weird watching the finale version of "One" from A Chorus Line with them performing in their rehearsal clothes.  Then I watched last night's "Ugly Betty" and "Grey's Anatomy."

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2006, 12:30:22 AM »

At about 7:00, I went to my old house and put up the closet doors.  My sister got the new bedroom carpets installed and they all look pretty spiffy.  Now she just has to get the main room and hall carpet cleaned and it's all totally done!  She's already had someone look at it and they might make an offer, but my sister doesn't think that they'll offer as much as she really wants to get.  We'll see.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2006, 12:32:47 AM »

After I put up the doors, I went back to my sister's house and my parents had come over.  We all (parents, sister, niece and I) played Phase 10 from about 8:00 pm until 11:00.  I came in third.  And now, I'm home and catching up on all the posts.  I just read Woody's Post # 4 for today.  On to Post # 5! ;)

George

« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2006, 12:34:06 AM »

Hi, Tomovoz!  

George

« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2006, 12:35:48 AM »

Otherwise, the Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  nothing.

In my VCR:  nothing.

In my DVD player:  nothing.

Recorded by my DVR from Comcast:  tonight's "Ghost Whisperer" and I still have the last three weeks' worth of "The Class," "Two and a Half Men" and "The New Adventures of Old Christine" to watch.

George

« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2006, 12:38:48 AM »

Actually, in my VCR are tapes of the six episodes of "Lost" that I'm taping for my supervisor and a friend of my niece's.  My supervisor (whose name is also George) has watched the first two seasons on DVD and doesn't take the time to watch them as they're broadcast...he also doesn't know how to program his VCR.  Whoda thunk it??  Anyway, since my niece has all the episodes taped (but on EP, so they're not very good quality, but they're watchable), I can easily just copy the tapes.

George

« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2006, 12:40:02 AM »

Oh, I just remembered, I also watched the last episode of "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip."  I like this show.  I know it got renewed, but I guess the ratings aren't great.  Maybe, now that it's been given a chance to survive, it'll develop an audience and the ratings will improve...one can only hope. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2006, 12:40:55 AM »

This may belong in the FNM section, but I'll ask it here anyway.
Mr. Bruce, whatever happened to the hat from Perversion? Are you in posession of it? I'm so erm...tickled by it. For lack of a better word. Heee.

I don't have any costumes or props from Nudie - what a shame.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up