Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BURNT RUBBER  (Read 22547 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BURNT RUBBER
« on: November 26, 2006, 12:11:43 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes smelled like Burnt Rubber and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they don't want to come home, however, until we rid the den of the smell of Burnt Rubber.  Maybe there's some dead rubber in one of the walls, like a dead rat.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 12:21:09 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BURNT RUBBER
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 12:13:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: COMITY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 12:15:23 AM »

George - I've read some good reports that sounded like they were written by very young people and/or studio shills.  I'm looking forward to the film and have hopes that I'll enjoy it and that I won't find it overedited and annoying.

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 12:33:56 AM »

Thou shalt not Comit y

I think that was a rule in algebra. Or it may have been something to do with dy dx.  Where is Prof. Orr?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 12:35:04 AM »

Goordnight George and BK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 01:09:51 AM »

well, while you were out pondering the smell of burnt rubber, I was having a delightful time at the egyptian.

My mother took me to see a documentary that she saw a while ago titled : Los Angeles Plays Itself.  This 3 hour history of the city of Los Angeles in film explores Los angeles as both a setting and character in movie history. The film was fascinating and packed full of so much information one finds it difficult to digest it all, but digest it I did! The only part I did not love was the ending, which ended on the rather depressing note that LA is not really a city, but an falsely depicted image in the minds of the rest of the world...or something like that, it got very deep.

Then we went to eat at Miceli's and I had chicken parmigana and it was a very hollywood evening!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 01:18:38 AM »

I had a very quiet evening...just me, and my friends Lois and Clark (Season 4, disc 1), plus a fire in the fireplace and a cup of coffee liberally mixed with "a hint of chocolate mint" Bailey's Irish Cream.

Life can be very good.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 01:22:31 AM »

Seems to have been a very chatty evening.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 01:23:32 AM »

I envy BK's getting to see "Dreamgirls" today.  I've heard some buzz about Eddie Murphy being especially good in it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 01:35:26 AM »

This morning (after I sleep and then wake up), my niece and I are going to the movies, but I forget which movie she wants to see.  

At 5:00 pm, we start our final week of rehearsals.  We open on Friday!!   In between the movie and rehearsal, I have to get some make-up.  The last time I did a show was four-and-a-half years ago and I haven't used my make-up since then...AND it's packed away in storage and I don't know which box it's in. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 04:28:33 AM »

God morning, all!

I have a long day with The Brain today.  I have a batch of work to finish for shipment to LA tomorrow.  I also have a few hours with checking the recording notes for Toyland.

I'll check in later.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 06:56:27 AM »

I seem to prefer comity to drama.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 06:58:15 AM »

BK---I hope I rn into Merill in Atlanta. I will be looking for someone perky and retro and smelling vaguely of burnt rubber.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 07:15:40 AM »

I'm catching up on yesterday's posts. We spent the day moving furniture, large plumbing fixtures, cleaning and painting until 3AM. Then we came home and swung by our other house to pick up the mail. (We have our mail sent there because very few people are aware that the house is there, even though it is in the middle of the city and packages don't disappear from there!)

We had a wonderful package of DVD's waiting for us, courtesy of DR MBarnum, who took pity on the fact that a certain film I ordered weeks ago still hasn't arrived from DDD (neither has "The Prisoner") and took it upon himself to send me "Aventurera" alng with some other enticing goodies! So, even thought we should have gone to bed at 4AM, we couldn't wait to watch it and got through about half of it. And it was everything that you DR's said it would be! It was just beginning to get lurid when we decided to hit the hay. We have to finish getting the new house ready today for the arrival of my little French boy, who will stay there for a week starting Tuesday, and I'm setting a time limit of when I will stop working so I won't be a zombie during what promises to be a grueling session on Monday working with the Comic Relief stuff---this time wth a new producer, which will make it even more difficult.

Thanks for giving us a nice ending to another day of hard labor, MBarnum!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 07:27:20 AM »

Good morning!

Another picture perfect day in NC with highs in the 70s and moderate temperatures for lows. Really could not ask for finer weather at the end of November.

The end of November! Where HAS this month gone?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 07:29:52 AM »

Had another wonderfully deep sleep last night. Still not quite sure what I'll be watching today in addition to OH WHAT A LOVELY WAR (which is close to 2 1/2 hours long).

I see that HBO is premiering BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN tonight, and I might watch a bit of it in HD just for the spectacular cinematography.

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 07:32:10 AM »

Yes, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY speculated that DREAMGIRLS is among the top contenders for the Oscar this year, and that Eddie Murphy and Jennifer Hudson are front runners for Supporting awards.

The studio seems intent on putting Hudson in the supporting category and letting top billed Beyonce alone vie for Best Actress (much the way they split up Renee Zellweger and Catherine Zeta-Jones for CHICAGO so they wouldn't compete with each other.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 07:48:47 AM »

And the word of the day is: COMITY!
Something of friendship
Ires on the mend-ship
Something for everyone
A COMITY tonight!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 07:49:51 AM »

Heading down now to get some things in order and possibly start viewing early. Also have laundry to do.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2006, 07:52:50 AM »

Burnt Rubber - the overwrought tale of Hollywood's fastest hustler.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2006, 07:56:39 AM »

From what I've seen, Dreamgirls should at least get a nomination or two for art direction and costuming.

Edisaurus

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2006, 07:58:43 AM »

Burnt Rubber - the overwrought tale of Hollywood's fastest hustler.
 ::)

I was avoiding making the rubber jokes, even though I do like comity!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 08:01:33 AM »

There's been a lot of hours-cutting at work for this week and next.  Not just for me, but across the board, as the regional office has mandated that payroll be brought down.  This means that, in my case, where I've regularly been scheduled for 35-40 hours during a week, I'm looking at a week where I'll only be putting in 21 hours.

That's assuming that no one calls in sick, of course.  I live close enough and am flexible enough with my time that the store knows they can call me in at very short notice.

Depressing, all the same.

Edisaurus

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2006, 08:02:12 AM »

DR Tomovoz---what do you feed those birds?

If I feed them the same thing, do you think they'd migrate over here? If I see an unusual bird here, it makes me so happy and I look forward to seeing a glimpse every morning, until the bird has moved on. I think occasionally they get separated from their flock and will stay at our feeders for a few weeks before continuing their mogration.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006, 08:02:35 AM »

I was avoiding making the rubber jokes, even though I do like comity!
It's a tough job, but somebody had to do it.   ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2006, 08:04:29 AM »

Welcome to new DR François! I remember seeing "Follow Me Boys", and liking it when I was a kid, probably because my brother was a boyscout and I was sort of their mascot and went on a lot of camping trips and hikes with them.

Edisaurus

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2006, 08:07:52 AM »

Newbie François has a similar writing style to our old François.

What is the plural of François?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2006, 08:11:55 AM »

Newbie François has a similar writing style to our old François.

What is the plural of François?

Franceaux
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2006, 08:14:10 AM »

DR TPunk---I tried to send you an IM but your mailbox is full. But if you IM me your snail mail address, I'll send you some feathers, eyes and BALLS!

DR Tomovoz...I don't even want to know where these feathers come from! (Chickens...I presume...)

Edisaurus

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 08:18:30 AM »

Note to self---read all the days posting before responding.

Welcome back François! I thought it was you, but then I saw that F2 lived in Canada, so I was confused which is a simple thing, after 4 hours of sleep.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up