Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME  (Read 21076 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re:THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2003, 01:59:20 PM »

Anybody for Pancakes?? Have an urge for some pancakes!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2003, 02:02:36 PM »

TOM-

Thanks.. I will start with SHALLOWS then-when I get a chance

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2003, 02:11:39 PM »

BK-

If and when you come back from TOWER what did you come back with? Or was it just window shopping?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2003, 02:14:52 PM »

And what's for dinner?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2003, 02:15:36 PM »

I hope not Pancakes?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2003, 02:17:51 PM »

I'm just checking but this will be a millstone(oops milestone for moi) 100 posts in the new format. A Jr. member I'm not,i think,no more.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2003, 02:21:37 PM »

What a great pic of Santa at the beach! Very poignant actually.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2003, 02:24:00 PM »

I'm a little late getting on this afternoon because SORDID LIVES was so good I wasn't going to stop in mid-movie. What a funny and touching little movie. This should have become more famous. It may not have as many funny lines as STEEL MAGNOLIAS, but it should be a much bigger cult movie in the gay world.

And Leslie Jordan, who plays the hilarious Beverly Leslie on WILL & GRACE, was heaven-on-earth as Brother-Man.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2003, 02:25:16 PM »

I agree with the Santa picture,Almost like Irving Berlin yearning for a White Christmas looking out at a LA sunny and bright and snowless.

Tomovoz

« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2003, 02:41:15 PM »

Arnold: A few movies have been made of Mr Winton's books. "That Eye The Sky" (with Peter Coyote) and "In The Winter Dark". I think that "Cloud Street" did not get much further than the rights being purchased.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2003, 02:51:10 PM »

Tower did not have what I wanted - the new Adventures of Captain Marvel serial DVD.   We had El Pollo Loco for lunch, about which more tomorrow.  I'm going to try to not eat anything for dinner.

Tomovoz

« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2003, 03:15:27 PM »

Congratulations on breaking the century Arnold.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2003, 03:16:56 PM »

Jay, congratulations on getting a healthy Roller back! ;D Hope you two have a great new year!

As for me, I'm not at work!  Yea, and double yea!  I'm off to Borders Books and Music in Tacoma...but first I have to go back to my credit union and get my driver's license, which I left in the drive-through drawer.  :o OOPS!  After I deposited my Christmas gift money, I stopped off at work for a bit, went to lunch at Dairy Queen, went to the other side of town to Circuit City, and then realized that I no longer had my driver's license!  I called my work (it was not on my desk where I might have left it), then called my credit union.  They called me back and said that it was there.  Yea!  Now, I just have to drive there to pick it up, then off to Tacoma to spend some money, and then to Krispy Kreme which is real close to Borders!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2003, 03:20:10 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2003, 03:18:16 PM »

I keep forgetting to ask - has anyone seen the TV mini-series remake of Valley of the Dolls.  I somehow missed it and I now want to see it.

Tomovoz

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2003, 03:23:03 PM »

I must be due for a special award for slowness in connecting people and names. I have just found who the parents are of Sam in LOTR. It never occured to me that these people could give birth to a hobbit - and my favourite character too. No names in case there is anyone else out there is as ignorant as I am.
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2003, 03:29:45 PM »

Good day, one and all and all and one. Today has been a lazy one. We all slept in, but I somehow awoke to the sounds of myself singing MOBY DICK. Then I realized it was my mother playing the CD downstairs. Around 1:00, my dad and I headed to the mall and, after living in New York for two years now, it made me laugh to see what he and others considered to be a long line at the cash registers. I returned the shoes and got some Calvin Klein "Truth" cologne and then I went to Gap and exchanged a sweater and a sweatshirt for a *smaller* size! that made me happy. :)

Since then, I've been home eating and watching Trading Spaces and While You Were Out and eating some more. I really have to stop that. And by the way, speaking of While You Were Out, does anyone know anything about the new host, Evan Farmer?? Suddenly I have a new-found appreciation for that show... :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2003, 03:35:36 PM »

Jennifer, belatedly I know, but thank you for your empathy with my Christmas present story yesterday. You shall of course be rewarded.
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2003, 03:42:24 PM »

Hey everybody!

Wow, so many posts to catch up on.

Hey I totally forgot, but I haven't seen Swishy around in a while too. Where is Swishy?

I still cannot get over the term used here for Boxing day. "Day After Christmas Sales" just don't cut it for me! I will give a full report on today's Boxing Day activities after I finish reading the rest of today's posts.

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2003, 03:44:34 PM »

DR Jane mentioned garbage disposals. Do you know there is no such thing in Montreal.  I know in the US they are everywhere. But NOBODY here (and maybe in all of Canada) have garbage disposals.

Oh and YEAH for Roller!

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2003, 03:46:29 PM »

I try that too, with my leftover goodies, but sadly I am the garbage disposal!

I can just picture you as the garbage disposal :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2003, 03:47:33 PM »

Jennifer: See my earlier post about Swishy.  Where in tarnation IS everyone?  I'm going to attempt to leave the work environment and go to the home environment in the next few minutes.

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2003, 03:49:39 PM »

Jennifer, belatedly I know, but thank you for your empathy with my Christmas present story yesterday. You shall of course be rewarded.

I accept cash and cheques :)

Okay and karma :)

Btw, I gave my aunt's dog a bunch of gifts for Christmas. They have these adorable soft little stuffed toys at the $1 store. And she loves to toss them in the air.  Anyhow for X-mas they had a penguin with a X-mas scarf. So cute.

Also I gave her a fuzzy red stuffed bone. And she was lying in the couch with her little head on it. We snapped a pic, because it was so precious.

Jennifer

« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2003, 03:51:05 PM »

BK, yeah I saw your post about Swishy. I was just wondering where she was. Maybe she is super busy right now (working or visiting family).

Tomovoz

« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2003, 03:54:25 PM »

I realise that my priorities are all wrong but I am about to be visited by friends of friends visting from the UK so must log off and be charming and well-mannered for a while. Back later my friends.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2003, 03:54:36 PM »

Super busy, yes, I'm quite sure of it.  Where is jrand with my Valley of the Dolls answer?

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2003, 04:00:17 PM »

Boxing Day: Okay I cannot imagine that Boxing Day is as popular anywhere else as it is here. I really cannot believe how popular it is here, except that I live through it every year.

The stores open at 1pm. But do people get there at 1pm. NO!!!  When we arrived at 12:10pm WE COULD NOT FIND A PARKING SPOT AT THE MALL. We ended up parking very far away.

So we get there. My sis and her hubby had called and decided to go to the same mall. So we called them when we arrived (my mom was with me).

A few stores had opened early. But you'd think they were giving stuff away. I mean the place was packed. More packed than I had seen it any day before Christmas. I really do think that Boxing day is the biggest shopping day of they year in Canada.

So we go to the stores that are open. We decided we all wanted our half price calendars. So that stand opened early. I got my Y&R one and we moved down to Sears. We ended up staying in Sears (a department store, for those who don't know it) for like 1 1./2 hours. It was crazy. We had to return the gift I got my aunt for X-mas (she had the same blouse).  And luckily we had remembered another blouse we knew she'd like. And everything was 30% off at least. Plus there was an extra $5 off. Plus they didn't make us lose the $10 (if you buy $50) that we got last week when we bought the first blouse (we love getting bargains).

I found a nice shirt and jacket. And of course I was under by 50 cents (you have to spend $25 to get the $5 off). So underwear it was!

By this time the mall was packed. I mean you could barely walk without hitting people. Crazy. We got more parcels. My mom found some pillows for $9.  Then we bought more stuff (picture frames). And by this time it was 4:30pm and we were dead tired. My feet were killing.

For some reason I thought the stores were only open till 5pm. But apparently cause it's Friday they are open till 9pm.

I can't even imagine the craziness at the electornics stores. FutureShop was advertising free DVD players if you bought  five $9 dvds. I would not have liked to be there. CAuse they only had 25 per store.

I don't celebrate X-mas per se. But it cracks me up how it is possible for the day AFTER X-mas to be this crazy. Hasn't everybody spent all their money? :)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2003, 04:17:55 PM »

Roller is home and he thanks you all for your good wishes.  Still a little weak, he is, but he is himself, which was not the case at all when this episode began last week.

He looks a little funny right now.  He was quite shaggy and overdue for a haircut when he came down with his pneumonia.  He even had an appointment for a grooming earlier this week when he, alas, was in the hospital.  Also, the vet had to shave around his "ankles" on all four legs for IV catheters.  So he looks like a cocker spaniel in sheepdog drag masquerading as a standard poodle.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2003, 04:23:17 PM »

I'm a little late getting on this afternoon because SORDID LIVES was so good I wasn't going to stop in mid-movie. What a funny and touching little movie. This should have become more famous. It may not have as many funny lines as STEEL MAGNOLIAS, but it should be a much bigger cult movie in the gay world.

And Leslie Jordan, who plays the hilarious Beverly Leslie on WILL & GRACE, was heaven-on-earth as Brother-Man.

Out of all of the film's many, many, many (that is three manys) funny moments, Leslie Jordan's routine in Sordid Lives with the lipstick and the cigarette is absolutely hysterical and is my favorite.

The film did develop a cult following in Palm Springs which, as you probably know, has a large gay resident population and also serves as a very popular gay destination resort.  The picture played for something like two years at the art house cinema there to sold out houses.

You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Emily

« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2003, 04:24:40 PM »

DR Jane mentioned garbage disposals. Do you know there is no such thing in Montreal.  I know in the US they are everywhere. But NOBODY here (and maybe in all of Canada) have garbage disposals.

er.... Jen?

I know many people in Montreal and other Canadian cities with garbage disposals...

check you facts ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2003, 04:30:09 PM »

Jay-yea for Roller!! Here’s to a speedy recovery now he is home where he belongs.

Jennifer.  We didn’t have a garbage disposal in New Jersey due to the poor septic tanks in the area.  With some homes we had them but weren’t supposed to use because of the septic system.  So there are some people in the US who don’t have them.  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up