Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MUTANT NOTES  (Read 61335 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE MUTANT NOTES
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2007, 09:59:22 AM »

Re: last night's musical SCRUBS.

I don't normally watch this show, but i loved it.

I loved Stephanie (AVENUE Q girl) as the patient who hears songs.  And i thought the rest of the cast was great (especially zach).

My favorite parts were: 1) the guy song, 2) the quick worded song one of the doc's sang.  I think my least favorite part was the GREASE parody.  But all in all there were so many fun moments.  And the story seemed to make perfect sense.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2007, 10:19:34 AM »

Do you know where the run-thru is??

Hi, Penny,
Colony Theatre in Burbank, I believe. Party Animals Live has a website by that name, which will probably have specifics.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2007, 10:43:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: LACHRYMOSE!
A tearful elk would be a LACHRYMOOSE.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Miss Karen

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2007, 10:45:32 AM »

MIss Karen, you crack me up!

TOD:

CD:
Tony Martin: The Early Years
A Pakistani pop group called The Heavenz

DVD:
Ballet Russes

Thanks, Mr. Barnum -- flattery will get you everywhere... or is it everything ...or anything?  Whatever!  (Any relation to the circus people?  If so, marry me -- I need some of that money!  Oh, wait, I'm already married (the Miss part is just a ruse, DR Elmo calls me Ms Karen and I typed it in wrong when I signed up) so if you do have all that circus money, adopt me).  Can you put another pharenthesised clause within an already established pharenthesis?  Comments from you grammar masters out there?  Oh forget it, I dont' really care.  I did it, I like it, it works, and the rules be damned (der Brucer was right for once, I do have authority issues.....)

DVR:
Episodes of BAT MASTERSON

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2007, 10:48:51 AM »

Best of breaking legs vibes to MR BK and DR ADRIANA PATTI as their show goes up today!  I am sure it will be a smashing success!

Pictures would be nice.
Screen caps from DR Elmore's VCR viewing, on the other hand, would be naughty!

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »

...DR Larry gave us some fun movies which we will probably watch on Saturday or Sunday....
:o :o :o

;D

Miss Karen

« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2007, 10:52:50 AM »

oops, what happened there?...my post became part of DR MBarnum's post -- smack dab in the middle of it, too.  (I bet that's a first for the HHW site.)  And what a strange spot to be caught between:  Ballet Russes and episodes of Bat Masterson...hmmmm.  I've got all kinds of tricks up my sleeve.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm in the middle of putting together shelves - Yes, I made it to IKEA this morning! - but I just needed to take a break.  And I wanted to check in here, and say, "Hi!"  So....

Hi!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2007, 10:57:41 AM »

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2007, 10:59:15 AM »

Wow! Love the albino peacock!!! Some day, I'll have a yard with peacocks...
Just a yard?  From the looks of the pic, I'd say that tail is six feet across, at least!

Miss Karen

« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2007, 11:02:49 AM »

see, right between Ballet Russes and Bat Materson -- does that mean my quote is now on his machine or that my words are now part of his words?  I wonder what the rules are in cyperspace? Now that's a mutation! Or as befitting todays' theme -- "The Mutant Notes"  

Miss Karen

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2007, 11:09:26 AM »

(I'm referring to my post, reply #93)..  it is most perplexing .. and funny....  I wonder if I can now go and put words, thoughts and random phrases in all of your notes...Then who will know what you really said and really didn't...Oh my, this could be the end of HHW as we know it....just kidding.  It was a random, by accident event....so I won't mess with your postings....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2007, 11:14:12 AM »

DVD - Doctor Who: Spearhead From Space - the first story featuring Jon Pertwee, and the first to be filmed in colour.

And Field of Dreams, which I chanced upon in widescreen and with oodles of extras at the store.  For just ten bucks.  Der B and I also spotted it at Borders in Philly, for more than ten bucks, and Pennsylvania charges sales tax.

BOOK - Still reading Botany of Desire by Pollan.  I'm on the chapter about marijuana.  And there's also Best Food Writing of 2006, filled with numerous articles of varying interest.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »

Dear Miss Karen -

When commenting on and quoting another's posts, using brackets (which look like "[" and "]" ) helps.  Simply quoting another's post and commenting afterwards is easiest - just make sure you start writing your comments after the bracket-slash-quote-endbracket at the end of the quoted passage.

Miss Karen

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2007, 11:20:54 AM »

'Morning all!  3 quick things:

1) This site has only provided me more conclusive evidence that my mother is a wonderfully odd duck.  And a quick wit, if I may say so...

2) TOD: CD Player - The Guy Haines' vocal tracks of "The Brain."  Methinks I need an Original Cast Album to replace that one, as much as I love to hear Guy Haines sing "Good Girl/Bad Girl" and "Bring Me An Earthman."

DVD Player - The second season of "The Office" - American.  

3)  Vibes for my play's first run-through/designer's run!  There have been steps forward, steps backward, and steps in other sundried directions these past couple of weeks...so now we'll see just where we are at.  Yet, at this point, any good vibes would not be wasted - in fact, they would be very much appreciated!

Whoops!  Busted!  (eeks -- one's children aren't supposed to know their parents think about sex, must less watch it on tape -- guess he won't believe the stork story any more...)..
Like son, like mother -- I have "The Office" on order from Netflix (Cason close your eyes -- so I can watch it after "Johhny Wad Does Debbie Doing Dallas")

Miss Karen

« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »

Dear Miss Karen -

When commenting on and quoting another's posts, using brackets (which look like "[" and "]" ) helps.  Simply quoting another's post and commenting afterwards is easiest - just make sure you start writing your comments after the bracket-slash-quote-endbracket at the end of the quoted passage.

Thanks, Woody (I think I have a tape titled that....).  yep, I didn't scroll down far enough (you realize, we just gave away the secret on how to mess with other people's postings...)

Miss Karen

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2007, 11:34:20 AM »

Okay, enough clowning around. Serious question, Mr BK (or any of you in the know):
Say you have a play where the character is going to dance (or actually model some clothes) to some music for less than 25 seconds, can you use any song you want?  For example, say the character comes out in top hat and tails, could you use a 20 second bite of "Putting on the Ritz"?  I ask because a guy with the local Access channel said you could use any music if it's a bite less than 25 seconds.  I didn't know if he was BSing me, or really in the know.

Miss Karen

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »

A tearful elk would be a LACHRYMOOSE.

Or if the Red Sea hadn't parted, there would have been a LachryMoses

Miss Karen

« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2007, 11:42:11 AM »

Obviously, I'm posting to myself (but at least I'm helping us inch toward page 7), so I'm out of here and will check back later to see what answers have come in regarding using other people's music without having to pay for it....

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2007, 11:50:30 AM »

DR Rodzinski,

I got your DVD-R in the mail this morning before noon, so if we keep our fingers and toes crossed, maybe you'll get it by Monday. I sent it 1st class.

That's very kind. Thank you!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »

I am so rarely listening to a CD when we do our Friday thing, but today I have a great CD by the French band Tahiti 80. "Fosbury" is the title. It's from last year, and if you like lite but intelligent sparkling pop, this stuff is pure gold.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »

For her birthday, I got TPunk and myself in to see Kathy Griffin at Carnegie Hall this evening, so I hope that is enjoyable.

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2007, 12:06:37 PM »

Good luck on finding the DVD MattH! Maybe Ebay will come through!

I myself keep hoping to find the DVD of STORM WARNING apart from the rest of the Ronald Reagan set...that is the only movie from the set that I want so I don't want to buy the whole set!

Although it is one of my top 10 favorite films.

MBarnum

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2007, 12:07:10 PM »

Plenty of vibes for DR Cason. I wish that I could be in LA to see your directorial debut!

MBarnum

« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2007, 12:13:12 PM »

Obviously, I'm posting to myself (but at least I'm helping us inch toward page 7), so I'm out of here and will check back later to see what answers have come in regarding using other people's music without having to pay for it....

Bollywood movies do it all of the time...although they don't bother with the 25 second limit!

In fact I saw one 1970s Bollywood movie where part of the plot spoofed that exact thing....the character stole popular songs from western countries and used them in films putting his name as the author of the songs. It was quite amusing because it really happens.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 12:14:22 PM by MBarnum »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2007, 12:17:34 PM »

Mmmmpppfkl....

...taking day off.....

....slept till 11:20 a.m.....

.....have eaten a bowl of oatmeal with "crunchies'....

....and now futzing with the computer, looking at e-mails...etcetera, etcetera and so forth.

I wish DR Jose were here putting together furniture items for me.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2007, 12:20:59 PM »

re: last night's "Ugly Betty":

This episode was "two weeks later" from last week's episdoe.

And even at that, it was "filler" and a tad bit of setup for what is coming next.

But...up next...a repeat.

Sigh.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2007, 12:26:51 PM »

MusicGuy-Beautiful photo, even if you didn’t take it.  It’s nice to have you back.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2007, 12:29:56 PM »

Penny-Sounds like your have a good plan in motion.  Best of vibes for your future success!

Jane

« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2007, 12:34:58 PM »

Cason-Good show vibes!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up