Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TO COIN A PHRASE  (Read 78628 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:TO COIN A PHRASE
« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2007, 06:03:50 PM »

DR td - hey!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2007, 06:04:28 PM »

Auditioning for anything?

Let one of those previous D. Day pics do for our page eleven dance....no need to fill up the cache.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »

Time to get dinner going.  (Spaghetti and meatballs.)

At least I'm not on the job tomorrow, my day off.  I can go heavy on the garlic.   ;D

I was scheduled for a day off on Thursday, also, but one of the floor managers, Jen, is finalizing the deal on her new house on Friday, and needs Thursday to get everything in line/organized/have a moment to panic.  So, she asked nicely, and I nicely agreed.

Going over a spreadsheet I've kept on my work schedules, last week was the first week since September where I didn't have a change in my schedule at some point.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2007, 06:08:56 PM »

As for the Oscar nominations, I'm really disappointed that Dreamgirls was not nominated for best picture or director, but happy about the nominations they did get, and hoping that we get to see full performances of the musical numbers by the actual castmembers and not some god awful medley sung by the popstar flavor of the month.

Wasn't last year's popstar flavor of the month, this year's star of DREAMGIRLS?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2007, 06:11:48 PM »

Back from a meeting (and more food - just salad, though), and shall now sit on my couch like so much fish.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2007, 06:12:14 PM »

Has anyone seen The Big Voice off B'way - if so, what did you think?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2007, 06:13:41 PM »

I have no opinion on any of the Best Picture nominations since I haven't seen any of the movies yet.....but I intend to rectify that immediately, if not sooner....four of the films I am looking forward to...The Departed I am not so sure of...has anyone seen it?

As for the foreign films...I have WATER on my netflix queu...but the others don't seem to be available yet...except for Pan's Labyrinth...which looks like something I would not like...but maybe I will see it anyhow.

I really think you would like it, Mke.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2007, 06:18:19 PM »

Has anyone seen The Big Voice off B'way - if so, what did you think?
I don't know anyone who's seen it.  Unless DR Ben has.

The State of Shock of the Union address is now on.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2007, 06:21:57 PM »

Wasn't last year's popstar flavor of the month, this year's star of DREAMGIRLS?
LOL from this side of the world TCB.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2007, 06:23:20 PM »

MBarnum, I love a page 6 Jeff Richards dance...since he was the only of the Seven Brothers who couldn't dance.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2007, 06:25:31 PM »

I won't dance, don't ask me...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2007, 06:26:32 PM »

Perhaps I'll post another 141 posts, since I know it so clearly irks one of our lurkers.  You know, the idiot who disappears every time I mention how many GUESTS we have.  HI HONEY!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2007, 06:31:35 PM »

OVERRATED FILMS:

Perhaps THE MOST OVERRATED film I've ever seen -- "Lost in Translation."

I got rid of the DVD as soon as possible, lest it contaminate the rest of my collection.

NEVER have I been so grossly misled by rave reviews.

This year, "Little Miss Sunshine" is a cute little film.  But that's just it.  CUTE.  Not great.  Not, IMO, Oscar-worthy in any sense, outside of performance or screenplay.

Certainly not for film or directing ... or any aesthetic technicals.

I agree with you regarding "Little Miss Sunshine" but not "Lost in Translation".
We even liked it the second time around.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2007, 06:32:25 PM »

I really think you would like it, Mke.

You don't like gore and violence..... then never mind.
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2007, 06:33:21 PM »

No, I haven't yet seen Big Voice. It's on TDF but it's been a busy post-holiday time so I haven't seen much.

I take that back, I did see Apple Tree (Ron, I think you asked about it a while ago). I was underwhelmed. I like the first piece, The Diary of Adam and Eve. I admit I have a soft spot for that one because I did it in college. It was for a one-act class. I played Adam. It was great fun and I really enjoy the score. I missed the Encores staging but I heard it was excellent which is why I was looking forward to AT. But it just kind of sat there, even with Miss Chenowith. She and BDJ are quite good in DOAAE but the other two pieces don't hold up, IMHO (this post is full of acronyms and initials). There was a short intermission between DOAAE and The Lady or the Tiger and people left during it. There was no intermission between TLOTT and Passionella but people got up and left after TLOTT. What had been a fairly full house at the beginning turned out to be maybe 3/4 full by the end. The show isn't doing well at least by TDF standards. Roundabout musicals don't usually appear on TDF but Apple Tree has been on frequently. It may get a Tony nomination or two (Miss C. and perhaps Mr. Darcy James) but there isn't much about the show to recommend. If you're a big fan of CC it's fun to see her romp around but the overall production is just average, and that's the way most things are done at Roundabout. I am looking forward to 110 in the Shade this spring. It's being done at Studio 54 after Apple Tree closes. I love the show and I love Audra McDonald. We shall see.

Spring Awakening has not been on TDF for a while, although I think it's still on TKTS so if I really want to go I can get a half-price ticket. I was hoping one or two of the previews for Curtains would be on TDF but so far it hasn't appeared. I will check the Web site and the TKTS booth later. I do want to see it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #315 on: January 23, 2007, 06:39:30 PM »

This is the way I like my Doris to look.  ;D

IMHO, Doris Day has one of the best animal rights groups around http://ddaf.org

Jennifer

« Reply #316 on: January 23, 2007, 06:43:34 PM »

Have you (or has anyone) signed up??  You have to put in your name, address, phone number, etc., and then "respond to each situation with the selection that most closely matches what your own personal
response would be."

I did! I don't think you have to give your real address. But if you give your email they will email you. In fact you get something right away.

Cillaliz

« Reply #317 on: January 23, 2007, 06:45:21 PM »

No, I haven't yet seen Big Voice. It's on TDF but it's been a busy post-holiday time so I haven't seen much.

Spring Awakening has not been on TDF for a while, although I think it's still on TKTS so if I really want to go I can get a half-price ticket. I was hoping one or two of the previews for Curtains would be on TDF but so far it hasn't appeared. I will check the Web site and the TKTS booth later. I do want to see it.

Is Big Voice adapted from the movie Big Voice?  I really enjoyed the movie. I should put that on my Netflix and see it again  

I may go to Spring Awakening when I'm out there if it's on TKTS.  
If Curtians comes up for the March 1 preview, it would be great if you could go with DR Elmore and I.  

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »

Not a whole lot happened at preschool today. Brandon, Kayla, and the new kid Dominick WOULD NOT eat their celery at lunch, so I didn't get to eat my plate.

And Dominick had a little accident. He got to the bathroom in time, but he wanted what you'd call free range of motion, so he tried to take off his jacket. That really slowed him down and he didn't quite make it. He was very upset about it.

Is it sad that this is the most exciting thing that's happened to me all day?

Any way, I got him some clean clothes and then filled out an Oops! Report.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Cillaliz

« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2007, 06:46:07 PM »

I did! I don't think you have to give your real address. But if you give your email they will email you. In fact you get something right away.

What was it? A Sparkling prize?  Does it say you're on the list?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #320 on: January 23, 2007, 06:48:25 PM »

I'm watching the State of the Union address.  I think Nancy Pelosi is blinking Morse Code messages.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Ben

« Reply #321 on: January 23, 2007, 06:48:47 PM »

No, Big Voice is a story about a gay couple's meeting and their resulting relationship. It's supposed to be quite good. The full title is Big Voice: God or Merman?

I will keep my eyes open for a March 1 preview ticket for Curtains.

Cillaliz

« Reply #322 on: January 23, 2007, 07:03:07 PM »

No, Big Voice is a story about a gay couple's meeting and their resulting relationship. It's supposed to be quite good. The full title is Big Voice: God or Merman?

I will keep my eyes open for a March 1 preview ticket for Curtains.

That sounds interesting too

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #323 on: January 23, 2007, 07:24:55 PM »

Good Evening!

Big Voice: God or Merman? got a surprisingly good review in the NY Times.  Well, it was surprising to me.  I don't know anyone who's seen it, and it's definitely not a piece with a wide appeal, so...  I assisted with a production of The Last Session which was written by the stars/writers of Big Voice, and, frankly, I know there are people who love that show, but parts of just make me cringe.  So...  Take that for what it's worth.  -Which ain't much.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #324 on: January 23, 2007, 07:26:14 PM »

Or just click below:

The Big Voice
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:26:34 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #325 on: January 23, 2007, 07:29:03 PM »

As for Spring Awakening... Their ticket sales have started to pick up nicely in the past couple of weeks.  And the stage seating is completely sold out for the next few months - they're only $31.50, so...  But they're doing great business on the weekends, and the weekdays aren't that bad either.  *And I have to think that Rosie O'Donnell's mention of it on "The View" has had to some effect on the ticket sales.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #326 on: January 23, 2007, 07:43:43 PM »

I know the onstage seating for Spring Awakening is in the back and on the sides, but is it worth getting a seat there for the experience? I checked and can get one onstage when I'm there

FJL

« Reply #327 on: January 23, 2007, 07:46:47 PM »

Cilla - Are you perhaps thinking of the movie LITTLE VOICE?

Cillaliz

« Reply #328 on: January 23, 2007, 07:47:33 PM »

Cilla - Are you perhaps thinking of the movie LITTLE VOICE?

Yes, lol, BIG VOICE. LITTLE VOICE, I knew it was one of those

FJL

« Reply #329 on: January 23, 2007, 07:48:04 PM »

BIG VOICE got a slew of great reviews, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up