Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CRACKED  (Read 84126 times)

FJL

Re:CRACKED
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »

And one for Dollar

FJL

« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2007, 10:30:25 AM »

(versus the British pound, that is)

Ben

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2007, 10:32:16 AM »

Even Paris and Dublin and cities in Italy are more expensive due to the strength of the Euro. It's not as strong as the British Pound but it's certainly stronger than the American dollar. It's higher than it was in 2005 when we were in Dublin. At that time it was around $1.20. Now it's around $1.30.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2007, 10:34:11 AM »

But be warned, though the UK may sound very tempting:  I normally don't have problems with such things, still even I found some relatively expensive hotel rooms in the UK tiny and claustrophobic.

My solution is usually to get a cheap room. I don't plan on being in it much, anyway!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2007, 10:43:30 AM »

Der Brucer would like for us to go to Italy some time.

If Der B doesn't mind staying in the apartment of a radical, you can have a 2 bedroom villa in Tuscany for $950 (plus utility deposit) for 14 days.

The owner, an Italian editor, (edited AMACORD AND ZABRISKIE POINT) is a friend of mine and has offered a week in her Tuscany villa to anyone who would make a tax-deductable contribution to our Sacco and Vanzetti film. (I can't remember the exact deal but I imagine it was for a little more than the regular rent.)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2007, 10:59:10 AM »

I forgot I was in Pureto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Acapulco, shooting a Partridge Family episode.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2007, 11:00:37 AM »

As of today, $1.00 U.S. will buy 0.508259 GBP.

Or...1.016 pound = $2.

Not the best rate in a long time.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »

One more package to pack up - then I'll Fed Ex the one that needs that, and the rest will go to the post office this afternoon.  I've now shipped close to two hundred Skinner/Ripley CDs to amazon.  Should they ever sell them, that will be a nice chunk of change.  Until they sell them and they show up as sales, I'm not sending them anymore.  I'm down to 180 CDs again - these big amazon orders really eat into the stock.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2007, 11:01:36 AM »

Tuscany is VERY nice....someone should take Edisaurus up on that 2-week deal.

I'm very partial to Greece.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2007, 11:01:57 AM »

Greece is the word!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2007, 11:05:51 AM »

But be warned, though the UK may sound very tempting:  I normally don't have problems with such things, still even I found some relatively expensive hotel rooms in the UK tiny and claustrophobic.

Apropos of that, look at what $335,000 will buy you in the UK!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2007, 11:08:32 AM »

My sister LOVES Ikea.  She just went yesterday and called me to tell me that she has some gifts for me. :D

Your sister is VERY good to you, isn't she!

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2007, 11:21:34 AM »

By the way, at the gym yesterday I was informed that it was George Reeves, not Steve Reeves, who was in the mariachi band.

Ben

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2007, 11:25:53 AM »

The Mel Brooks Susan Stroman phenomenon continues

Young Frankenstein

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2007, 11:29:13 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm back from IKEA... The new coffee table has been assembled and in place, as is the new area rug.  And for under $50 - Gotta love that disposable furniture.  I didn't have to buy the new stuff for the apartment, but all of us were getting sick of the old fruit crates that were being used as tables and shelves.  So...

Alas, the stuff that I really wanted/needed was not in stock.  And according to the computer, the shelving units won't be back in stock for another 4-7 weeks(!).  At least, I have what I need for now.  I just wanted to buy some "insurance" for when the rest of my stuff gets up here next week.

...And now I think I may head down to K-Mart to pick up some cheap placemats... OH!  I do have a Sur La Table gift card to use up, hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »

By the way, at the gym yesterday I was informed that it was George Reeves, not Steve Reeves, who was in the mariachi band.

Dear Diary,

Today I found out some news that will forever change my life...

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2007, 11:30:44 AM »

The Mel Brooks Susan Stroman phenomenon continues

Young Frankenstein

Now to see when the last "phenomenon" will close to make room for the new one.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2007, 11:31:29 AM »

No.  Sundance Head was the heavy fellow with the HUGE bluesy voice...full head of hair...and Simon commented to Paula and Randy as Sundance left the room, "He just blew Taylor apart".

Oh sorry i got the names mixed up. So what was the name of the bald guy?

Actually i was so happy that we agreed. But guess what? I really do not like the big guy with the bluesy voice.  He's the one with that "interesting" beard, right?  I know that simon said he was fantastic. But i just did not like anything about him.

Although that said, i think it's pretty clear that the two you like will be in the top 32 unless something drastic happens.  I never really realized how much importance these first auditions have. But i bet the ones that the judges like now make it through to the finals regardless of how the hollywood portion goes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2007, 11:32:06 AM »

What did Jose do for elmore's myspace page, and should we blame him?

Mais, bien sûr!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2007, 11:34:47 AM »

Your sister is VERY good to you, isn't she!

I've said this before, "I've always depended on the kindness of...family." ;)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 11:37:27 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »

And speaking of iTunes... The soundtrack for the new Finding Nemo show is available there.  It was written by Bobby Lopez (Avenue Q) and his wife, Kristen.  *And I played the final round of auditions for the show.  It'll be nice to have a "finished" product to listen to, although, the demos are fun too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »

Oh sorry i got the names mixed up. So what was the name of the bald guy?

Actually i was so happy that we agreed. But guess what? I really do not like the big guy with the bluesy voice.  He's the one with that "interesting" beard, right?  I know that simon said he was fantastic. But i just did not like anything about him.

Although that said, i think it's pretty clear that the two you like will be in the top 32 unless something drastic happens.  I never really realized how much importance these first auditions have. But i bet the ones that the judges like now make it through to the finals regardless of how the hollywood portion goes.

No, DR Jennifer...Sundance Head had "no" beard.  You're thinking of the guy who did the Johnny Cash song.  With the long hair and the freakish beard.

How could you not remember Sundance Head???????

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »

Well, I do believe I shall head down to Soho to shop for some linens...

Laters...

*Oohh.. And then I can make a stop at Rice To Riches since I'll be in the neighborhood.  Hmm....
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2007, 11:52:30 AM »

No, DR Jennifer...Sundance Head had "no" beard.  You're thinking of the guy who did the Johnny Cash song.  With the long hair and the freakish beard.

Are you sure he didn't have a beard? Not a long one? But i remember a heavy set guy who simon went crazy for.  And he had this really weird beird (it was very small and weirdly shaped).

Jennifer

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2007, 11:54:06 AM »

Do you mean the guy who said he looked like castro? No that guy had long hair and a long beard. I know who that is.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »

STRICTLY LIMITED ENGAGEMENT - 18 WEEKS ONLY!

This spring, theater legend Angela Lansbury returns to the stage for the first time in almost 25 years alongside Broadway's beloved Marian Seldes in DEUCE, a new play by four-time Tony Award® winner Terrence McNally.

And now, we're alerting you to some very hot news: Tickets go on sale to the general public this Saturday (January 27)!

Directed by two-time Tony winner Michael Blakemore, DEUCE is the story of two celebrated tennis doubles partners who reunite after many years to receive a tribute at a championship tennis tournament. As they watch a fiercely fought singles match, they remember their own past triumphs and defeats and realize that their own personal match has yet to be played… until today.

Previews begin April 16 at the Music Box Theatre, and opening night is May 6.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2007, 12:35:45 PM »

I hope no one minds if I post another Jeff Richards shot...he really is my dream date...well, except that he was a drunkard and he is dead...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2007, 12:46:18 PM »

My solution is usually to get a cheap room. I don't plan on being in it much, anyway!

A cheap room in London? I think that's an oxymoron. I recall the hostel on Baker St with no central heating and we had to put a shilling in the tiny little heater. BRRRRR!!! (OK, that was in college, but still...) I love London, but it can be awfully cold and damp. One spring trip I thought it'd be warming up--it was April, after all. Wrong. I had to buy warmer clothes.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2007, 12:48:43 PM »

I bet Jeff had trouble even doing the Twist.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2007, 12:53:08 PM »

DR MBARNUM - Mr Kelo Henderson received the Golden Boot Award in 2003.

Someone from that organization might be able to put you in touch with him.  ;D

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up