Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LINK SAUSAGES  (Read 69132 times)

FJL

Re:LINK SAUSAGES
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »

Are we there yet?

FJL

« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2007, 09:15:16 PM »

And one for Bruiser

FJL

« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2007, 09:15:49 PM »

IIRC, wasn't Bruiser the name of the cute little dog in Legally Blonde?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2007, 09:24:05 PM »

Watching a motion picture on DVD.

FJL

« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2007, 09:30:05 PM »

There will be two shows using the word "bruise" on Broadway this season:

"I'm gonna bruise you...You're gonna be my bruise" from SPRING AWAKENING

Bruiser the Dog from LEGALLY BLONDE

I'll bet no one's made that connection on any other internet site so far.  Cutting edge, or at least bruising edge.

FJL

« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2007, 09:34:03 PM »

When we were doing gangster names, did anyone mention Bruise Kimmel for BK, or Der Bruiser for Der Brucer?

FJL

« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2007, 09:37:47 PM »

Still trying to shake this cough; it's a lot better but not gone.  Dr. Jose promised it would last three to four weeks, and he sure was right.

FJL

« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2007, 09:38:11 PM »

I like my cough shaken, not stirred

FJL

« Reply #248 on: January 25, 2007, 09:38:58 PM »

Can't get to ten all by myself.  :(

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2007, 09:40:27 PM »

Here I come to save the day....
(imagine musical note icons)

FJL

« Reply #250 on: January 25, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »

Will we make it to page ten?  So much hangs in the balance.

(Imagine that said with the same gravitas as the judges on the GREASE TV show insisting that their show hangs in the balance if they can't find the right people. :) )

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2007, 09:50:41 PM »

I have a rule so I am not too stuck in the past. I have to buy at least one new (as in newly recorded new songs) album every year. This year I already have mine because one of my favorite singers, Ms. Sarah Shannon has come out with a new album, only 7 years after her first one. Years ago, she led a rock band called Velocity Girl, then they ended,  she went solo and recorded a brilliant album of chamber pop, then disappeared to her home in Seattle for awhile.

By chance, I looked her up on the web yesterday and found an album is just now coming out. The new album "City Morning Song" picks up where she left off. I love it. Highly recommended. See mintyfresh.com to sample it.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2007, 09:55:16 PM »

Oh boy, we're not even close to page 10. But we've come a long way from a few months back when we were sometimes straining to get to page 6.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:55:36 PM by Rodzinski »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2007, 10:02:54 PM »

And now, it's off to rehearsal.  Be back later!

Well...I've been home for a couple of hours, now.  We didn't have rehearsal for "Juno and the Paycock," tonight.  We met where we were supposed to rehearse, but we didn't actually rehearse.  The woman who had been cast as Mary (the daughter of the character I play, Captain Boyle) dropped out and the third actor who was asked to play Joxer (the Captain's cohort), isn't able to do the show, either.  We all had a chat and it was decided that, even though the six of us still wanted to continue with the show, there just isn't enough time to keep looking for people if we want to be ready for the dates that we've scheduled for performances.  So, that's that.  It would've been fun to do this, but things just didn't work out. :-\

Joshua, the director, has been wanting to do this play for a long time.  It's just something that he's loved.  But, he's not totally given up.  It will happen...it'll just won't happen now.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »

Sorry to hear your news about the play, George.

Tomovoz

« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2007, 10:23:07 PM »

I too am sorry to hear about the play DR George.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2007, 10:26:28 PM »

Thanks, Fred and Tom.  The only good thing is that now I won't have to memorize over 200 lines...AND learn an Irish accent! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2007, 10:27:23 PM »

Today is Australia day, the anniversary of the European invasion of this island continent. Nearly 220 years and we've still not managed to find an "Australian identity".  We've been trying to promote happy multiculturalism for a few decades.  For the most part it works.

Today is a sad day for our indigenous people.  Every day is a sad day for many Australian aboriginees.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2007, 10:29:08 PM »

But TAO, the company that put on Cannibal:  The Musical, is doing Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew this summer and I've never done a Shakespeare play.  I have no idea if there's even a part for me, but I'm not going to let that stop me from auditioning.  I haven't been in a play in almost five years (before I did Cannibal) and I didn't miss it when I wasn't doing it, but now that I've done one (and almost another), I'm starting to get the acting bug again. ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2007, 10:34:06 PM »

When vibes won't work!
We've discovered in this time of severe water shortage that we have a fractured and thus leaking water pipe under the concrete! The water that is evident could be from any where along the main water pipes - most of them are underneath the concrete slab upon which the house is built. (Houses are not buit that way now!).

Vibes may increase the side of the fracture!  We are only turning water on at the mains for a short while of a morning and relying on containers etc for most of the day.  It's a holiday weekend and it's difficult enough to find a plumber any way!

Send $$$$ not vibes.  I'm pleased we have already had our holiday in North America!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2007, 10:36:03 PM »

I suspect the landlord will try and place the blame on the weight of the CD/DVD/record collection.. The landlord is DP Colin.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2007, 10:40:14 PM »

Last night's DVD viewing here was "Peeping Tom".  DP Colin did not really care for the the film at all.  I last saw it in 1960 and still find it interesting in subject matter and style! I wonder if Dirk Bogarde was offered the role. I think he would have been a better choice than Carl Boehm.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2007, 10:52:08 PM »

Finished the movie.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2007, 10:52:58 PM »

I actually think Carl Boehm gives a fantastic performance in Peeping Tom and the film is one of my favorites.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2007, 10:53:10 PM »

Perhaps I'll watch it tomorrow night.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2007, 10:53:20 PM »

We all had a chat and it was decided that, even though the six of us still wanted to continue with the show, there just isn't enough time to keep looking for people if we want to be ready for the dates that we've scheduled for performances.  So, that's that.  It would've been fun to do this, but things just didn't work out. :-\

Well, gather up the slackers and do an impromtu encore of Cannibal, with them the "guests" of honor.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2007, 10:53:24 PM »

Will we never get to page eleven?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2007, 10:53:37 PM »

I guess we have to get to page ten first.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2007, 10:53:49 PM »

I am my own frenzy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2007, 10:54:38 PM »

Soon, I promise...