Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BOUNCE  (Read 37680 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:BOUNCE
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2007, 09:38:28 AM »

Finally here!

I won't be driving 35 miles to the rehearsal tonight....but Friday I will!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2007, 09:38:56 AM »

I was circumspect a few weeks after I was born.

Does that mean you're shrewish?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2007, 09:39:31 AM »

Page Three Drama Masks Dance.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2007, 09:39:36 AM »

Finally here!

I won't be driving 35 miles to the rehearsal tonight....but Friday I will!

Okay.

???

So....how far WILL you be driving tonight?

:P
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 09:41:11 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2007, 09:42:50 AM »

I had trouble posting earlier, as well.  I took it as a hint and took a nap for an hour.  (Surreal dreaming - did you know that Charles Shultz wrote a Peanuts cartoon about Stephen Sondheim's Follies?  I hadn't known that, either.  But every time I tried to read it, either someone took it out of my hands or I couldn't find the page.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2007, 09:44:02 AM »

One of my co-workers is working a project for another agency and her contact is a woman named "Ena."

I am always being taken aback when my co-worker gets on her phone and says:

"Hi, Ena!"

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2007, 09:44:21 AM »

I feel I ought to laugh maniacally, but....no.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2007, 09:49:04 AM »

The sky is white.  Not gray, just white.  The blue sky is trying mightily to beat the white sky from here to eternity and hell and back - we shall see who wins.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2007, 09:52:44 AM »

I had trouble posting earlier, as well.  I took it as a hint and took a nap for an hour.  (Surreal dreaming - did you know that Charles Shultz wrote a Peanuts cartoon about Stephen Sondheim's Follies?  I hadn't known that, either.  But every time I tried to read it, either someone took it out of my hands or I couldn't find the page.)

Well...at least you didn't find yourself at an "American Idol" audition in which you were singing "Losing My Mind."

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 09:53:53 AM by Ron Pulliam »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2007, 10:00:39 AM »

LOST returns tonight, of course, and I'll be watching "live" while recording MEDIUM.

Tonight, I will have to record "Medium" and the two hours of "Lost."  I'm going to see a local production of I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change! with a co-worker.  Actually, I have season tickets for the theater group and my co-worker saw the show a couple of weeks ago with his sister and asked if I minded if he joined me, so that he could see it again.  I said, "No!  I don't mind if you join me!" ;D (He's very cute!...but straight. ::))  

;)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 10:03:46 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2007, 10:01:54 AM »

LOST returns tonight, of course, and I'll be watching "live" while recording MEDIUM.
Thanks for the reminder.  I'm going to suggest to der B that he record Lost and watch Medium, since we still haven't watched the Lost semi-finale!  And he's got all sorts of stuff to watch elsewhere while I get dinner prepared.  (I won't get off work until eight tonight.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2007, 10:03:20 AM »

One of my co-workers is working a project for another agency and her contact is a woman named "Ena."

I am always being taken aback when my co-worker gets on her phone and says:

"Hi, Ena!"

I work with a woman named Jean and I can never say "Hi, Jean" because it makes me think of "dental hygiene." :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2007, 10:04:18 AM »

And now...to work!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2007, 10:07:32 AM »

Okay.

???

So....how far WILL you be driving tonight?

:P

0 Miles.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2007, 10:07:58 AM »

TWO hours of Lost???  Lemme check that schedule!!!

Oh!  It all starts with a "Survivor Guide."  

I'm not sure how der B is going to handle this one.  It's just Bones he's addicted to at eight, but at nine he'll have Criminal Minds competing with AI (Artificial Incompetence) AND the recap.

Oops!  He's got Medium, Lost, and CSI:NY all at ten!  (Fortunately, Good Eats is a repeat... but next week is going to be a real problem!)

FJL

« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2007, 10:12:27 AM »

Woody - There are clear connections between PEANUTS and FOLLIES.  The song about Lucy and Jessie has parallels to Lucy in PEANUTS, and of course Charlie Brown's sister is named Sally, and she was frequently standing at the door (though not moving to the bed).  So that explains your dream.  

That will be five cents, please. :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2007, 10:16:47 AM »

Ena, Ava.  Ava, Ena.
Ena, Yma.  Yma, Ena.
Ena, Oona.  Oona, Ena.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2007, 10:21:15 AM »

Well, even though my workplace opened at 11am, I chickened out and elected not to attempt the 25 mile drive.  Now I'm trying to relax and enjoy this 6 hours of vacation or comp time or whatever they make me use to cover the hours I'm missing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2007, 10:23:35 AM »

We got a sugar coating of about an inch and a half of snow during the night.  And it actualy is the consistancy of sugar--light and fine.  I saw a guy using a leaf blower to clear the sidewalk in front of the library.

The snow here in SW Ohio was the same consistency, DR Dan(the Man), but a leaf blower would have had a hard time with the 7 inches of it that I measured on our front porch this morning!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2007, 10:29:31 AM »

I love the OLIVER TWIST with Ben Kingsley--I think he's wonderful in it--but I haven't seen all the others.

There's the TV movie, with Elijah Wood as the Artful Dodger and Richard Dreyfuss chewing scenery as Fagin---music by Van Dyke Parks!

Ron Moody is still my favorite Fagin.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »

Fagin the Faguine...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2007, 10:31:12 AM »

TNT's David Copperfield wasn't the best version, but Paul Bettany was without a doubt my favorite Steerforth!

Edisaurus

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2007, 10:32:39 AM »

I bought "Our Mutual Friend" but I still haven't watched it yet. I had never heard of this one but it had some good write-ups.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2007, 10:34:02 AM »

I was circumspect a few weeks after I was born.

;D

FJL

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2007, 10:35:08 AM »

Does anyone remember the adult film from the 1970's  called David Cop-a-Feel?  I believe the tagline was "You don't know Dickens until you've seen David Cop-a-Feel."

Edisaurus

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2007, 10:35:32 AM »

And the TV version of David Copperfield was not great looking but it had an excellent cast, including Ron Moody playing to type---this time as Uriah Heep.
This one had my favorite Micawber: Ralph Richardson. And Olivier as Creakle!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2007, 10:38:58 AM »

Just had to write a long and strong e-mail.  On Monday, I'd called the Colony Theatre to see about booking our CD release party for The Brain there, just in case LACC wasn't going to work out.  We did the release party for Simply Sondheim there, and it was very reasonable - $25 per hour for use of the lobby area.  The whole deal with setup and breakdown was $150.  I spoke to the same gal I've always spoken to and was greeted with enough attitude to choke several cats - she snapped that she'd undercharged us and that there were lots more people than she thought there'd be.  Then she fumfered about the date and said she'd get back to me, which, of course, she hasn't.

So, I had to illuminate in a strong way how I didn't appreciate her tone, and, more importantly, how wrong she was.  The Colony Theatre has a rate sheet and she charged me the going rate for events in the lobby.  At no time was a limit on people discussed, and she actually never even asked, which she should have.  But, I told her from the first that we'd probably invite about 150 people, which we did.  However, only half that number actually showed up, so I'm not sure why she feels there were more than expected when, in fact, there were less - and much less.  She, of course, should know that with a certainty since we catered for 150 people and there was a ton of leftover food, which we graciously gave to her and her staff gratis.  

I also brought her the kids show, which provided a nice healthy chunk of revenue.  I told her I thought her attitude was not professional and that I didn't appreciate being spoken to like I was a troublesome child.  I told her I expected to hear from her via telephone in a timely fashion, and I reiterated what the date was and what my needs were.  I also told her that if the rates had changed all she needed to do was tell me, or, if she's making the rates up as she goes along, she can tell me that, as well.  What she can't do is throw attitude in my direction.  

If I haven't heard from her by end of day, she'll get one more e-mail, and that e-mail will state that I'll be talking to the owner of the theatre (who I know) and apprising her of the attitude of the person who is representing her theater.

Edisaurus

« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2007, 10:40:11 AM »

Ron Pulliam should go into the packaging business. Typewritten labels, cardboard reinforcement, static-free sleeves...if I was a buyer from ebay, I'd give him an A+!

George

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2007, 10:50:26 AM »

Ena, Ava.  Ava, Ena.
Ena, Yma.  Yma, Ena.
Ena, Oona.  Oona, Ena.

Uma...Oprah!

;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2007, 10:58:39 AM »

I bought "Our Mutual Friend" but I still haven't watched it yet. I had never heard of this one but it had some good write-ups.

It's quite wonderful.  I saw the original "Masterpiece Theatre" broadcast(s).
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up