Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: ZEN  (Read 53286 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:ZEN
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2007, 10:03:55 AM »

I don't know if there's any justice in life (or after life), but this guy sounds like a prime candidate. Despite his connections, I suspect he's made many enemies--never a good thing.

You've gotta figure if a guy's own MOTHER is suing him for stealing her inheritance and land, he's probably not a good guy. He has many enemies, but there are a lot of stupid earthlings that fall for his smoothtalking line of bull---including our mayor. Plus, he's in business/has gven money in the form of "fundraisers" to several councilmen, so that always helps.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2007, 10:04:18 AM »

Oooh...didn't mean to start out a new page with such negativity!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2007, 10:05:47 AM »

I'm gathering up all the stuff I've collected for our fundraiser since we have a board meeting tonight. Everyone, including several HHW'ers, have been so generous and I thank you again! I'm looking forward to telling the folks there about our community!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »

My horoscope for the day admonishes me to take a good long look at myself in the mirror.  Do I like what I see, it asks?  If not, it proceeds, I must use the New Moon to make changes to attain the look I want to see.

Damn!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2007, 10:07:06 AM »

You've gotta figure if a guy's own MOTHER is suing him for stealing her inheritance and land, he's probably not a good guy. He has many enemies, but there are a lot of stupid earthlings that fall for his smoothtalking line of bull---including our mayor. Plus, he's in business/has gven money in the form of "fundraisers" to several councilmen, so that always helps.

"Edisaurus for Mayor of Marietta!"

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2007, 10:07:27 AM »

You've gotta figure if a guy's own MOTHER is suing him for stealing her inheritance and land, he's probably not a good guy.

Yes, I'd forgotten that part. He's a real gem.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2007, 10:07:52 AM »

Or, if politics isn't your bag, make a mockumentary about politics in Marietta and how it affects sales of properties, etc., like the one next door.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2007, 10:09:48 AM »

Well, I'm off.  Gotta make some plasmatic decision or other.

Gotta call my mom.

Gotta get the sleep out of my eyes, too, so the world can be clearly seen.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2007, 10:11:37 AM »

I hope DRelmore is having a safe and gentle flight!

Cason-Great new avatar!

Cilliliz-Good shopping vibes!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2007, 10:12:02 AM »

Still awaiting Mr. Geissman, who is always late.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2007, 10:12:47 AM »

Or, if politics isn't your bag, make a mockumentary about politics in Marietta and how it affects sales of properties, etc., like the one next door.

Ooooohhhh, yes. Sometimes people don't pay attention until they see the financial impact.

Then again, some simply don't care.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2007, 10:17:05 AM »

Wasn't TPUNK looking for some good films recently with gay and lesbian themes? Last night I watched TIPPING THE VELVET, a very nice BBC production about a young woman's coming of age--with her sexuality and orientation and life in general. Sensitively done, I thought. Andrew Davies was the screenwriter; I do like his adaptations. Very nice film all around.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2007, 10:22:55 AM »

I'm off to try to declutter.

WBBL.

FJL

« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2007, 10:24:19 AM »

Bargain-seeking vibes to Cilla!  :)

FJL

« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2007, 10:24:43 AM »

Declutter vibes to Jeanne!  :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2007, 10:59:55 AM »

"Edisaurus for Mayor of Marietta!"

Thanks---but we're gonna cut and run. We've been a thorn in the side of the City for many years---this is only one of dozens of battles we've fought on behalf of preservation. They will be glad we're leaving, and the residents can go back to being in the dark.

Edisaurus

« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2007, 11:03:41 AM »

Gotta make some plasmatic decision or other.

Vibes for entering the HD world. I'm not one to keep up with technology, but since our 16 year old TV died and we had no place for a biggish TV at the new house, the flat screen Westinghouse HD LDC TV was our choice. It was about the same price as the regular TV in the size we had, and this one will fit on the bookshelf!

The Brain looked fabulous on it, too!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2007, 11:04:09 AM »

Good morning to dear Esteemed, comic, supped, and Zen-like BK --

I hope you have some fun today, and give yourself a little time to "re-create!"

All work and no play made Arthur eat more meat than anyone in the room!

MusicGuy

« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »

Hi DR Edi....It is definitely Spring here in the southwest.... I have a few nifty pics to share.

MusicGuy

« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2007, 11:06:02 AM »

And dear Larry....my thoughts, prayers, and best affirmations are with you as you let your Dad go on to a better place.

I send you a big hug!

Edisaurus

« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2007, 11:07:20 AM »

Fish in a barrell, but they are arrogant and think that no residents could possibly understand the big picture. Funny thing is, I and many others were telling them for years that there would be a condo glut. Now that they are not selling, they are starting to figure that out, and want to force the older people with big lots to sell so they can be subdivided into small lots for single family homes. Of course, they want toe older people to move into the loft condos.

I saw this pattern in the '70's when condos were the fashion and these people have been here longer than I, so they must have very short memories. Now, the strip with all the trendy condos has the highest crime rate in the city!

Edisaurus

« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »

Hi DR Edi....It is definitely Spring here in the southwest.... I have a few nifty pics to share.

Cool! It's been cold here for so long that it seems like Spring will never get here. The groundhog LIED!

MusicGuy

« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »

This is the start of my favorite time of the year, and as things start very early here in the Sonoran desert, I wanted to do an "homage" to DR Laura, and share a few things that have just appeared in my yard in the past few days.

The very first blooms that appear are the 2 nectarine trees that you can see here (with a very large and mature pecan tree behind it).

Edisaurus

« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2007, 11:09:21 AM »

Still awaiting Mr. Geissman, who is always late.

I guess the late Mr Geissman finally arrived!

(BTW, he wasn't late to our recording session!)

MusicGuy

« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2007, 11:10:14 AM »

And here are the nectarine blossoms up close.  I was trying to capture a bee doing its work, but didn't get one...

Edisaurus

« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2007, 11:10:57 AM »

The very first blooms that appear are the 2 nectarine trees that you can see here (with a very large and mature pecan tree behind it).

Mel Brooks, as the 2,000-year-old man, said "Eat a nectarine! It's the best fruit ever made!"

Do your trees bear fruit?

Here in GA, we're et up with pee-cans!

Edisaurus

« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2007, 11:11:49 AM »

And here are the nectarine blossoms up close.  I was trying to capture a bee doing its work, but didn't get one...

Gorgeous! I wonder if those would grow here? I bet not. The closest we get to citrus is osage orange!

MusicGuy

« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »

DR Edi.... I don't think you'd have any problems.... nectarines are in the "stone fruit" family, like peaches.  Not citrus at all.  

I'm trying to post 2 more pics, but i seem to be having trouble -- I'll try again.

But yes, all of my nectarines, peaches (2 varieties), apricots, and apples all bear wonderful fruit and lots of it!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2007, 11:19:25 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings once again from the Memphian Theater - where Elvis used to ride his motorcycle up and down the aisles.  -Or so they say.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2007, 11:19:46 AM »

Sounds inspiring.

LOL, that's why I'll choose to believe this one ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Up