Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WAXY BUILDUP  (Read 28628 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:WAXY BUILDUP
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 07:00:18 AM »

There is nothing in the DVD player or the CD player at this time.

However, I've been reading Julie & Julia - My Year of Cooking Dangerously, by Julie Powell.  This is the bestselling account (now in paperback) of Julie's attempt to a) cook all 524 recipes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, b) write a blog about her experiences, and c) stay sane in NYC with her husband, brother, and others in her life.  Fortunately, she knows how to write about herself with a sense of humor.  And she's getting me to re-read some of JC's MtAoFC, at the same time.  Der Brucer may be in for some better feeding because of this.

Or not.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 07:02:27 AM »

Page Two Kitchen Dance -

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]BUTT BURP!!![/size][/move]

That's what comes from cooking with gas!   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 07:32:51 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up...

And I guess I should unpack some more boxes today...

I guess...

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 07:34:10 AM »

BK, ask Bert I. Gordon, whatever happened to that FRANKENSTEIN script of his that I re-wrote (extensively) for producer Sy Weintraub that he was supposed to direct.  I think the thing started for a few days and then never happened.  It was a great script (my version...Bert's was not so hot)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 07:36:17 AM »

As for the Friday Media Check...

Is it really Friday already?
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 07:55:12 AM »

Time to head off to work.

I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 08:01:59 AM »

Ah, just catching up on my NYTimes reading this morning...  And since we were talking about Red Velvet Cake recently...

So Naughty, So Nice
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 08:04:14 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

Undoubtedly.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 08:05:10 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful, clear, cold. Same as yesterday.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 08:07:42 AM »

I spent the morning watching the new Criterion transfer of BICYCLE THIEVES. Haunting as always and a print considerably improved from the old Image DVD that's been around almost a decade.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2007, 08:07:44 AM »

Lady M will chew nails over dad's "special friend" being included!  Thanks for posting it, DR Ginny!

The obituary was very nice.  While I appreciate the information for the Middlesex Hospice, it was Vixmom who requested it.

At my uncle's service there were three large photos, one of my uncle & my father, one of my uncle and my aunt, the last of my uncle & his special friend.  I cringed at the last photo for the simple reason I miss my aunt.  Of course the special person in his life should be included.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2007, 08:09:28 AM »

Am checking in on what promises to be another busy day at home.  Repair folks are due in an hour to put finishing touches on ceiling after having repaired the roof a couple of months ago to stop a leak.  Am also expecting a UPS shipment of an electric grill.

My condo banned charcoal grills, but allows gas and electric.  Now that I'm "in the mood" to "cook out", I've ordered a nice electric grill for my balcony.  On top of that, I must continue to make living improvements started some time ago, which culminated this week in anticipation of the arrival of my 37" Panasonic plasma HDTV, which arrived yesterday at 5:35 p.m.

In three words:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007, 08:10:11 AM »

OH!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2007, 08:10:18 AM »

I also put in the second disc and watched the first two special features. One was a documentary with one of the screenwriters, a film scholar, and the actor who played the child Bruno talking about working on the film and with director De Sica in general.

The other was a forty-five minute film lecture on the Italian neorealist movement. Very informative and worth the time for someone interested in that period in Italian filmmaking. I certainly learned some things I didn't know about the period.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2007, 08:10:26 AM »

MY!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2007, 08:10:48 AM »

GOD!!

Jane

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2007, 08:11:54 AM »

Jose-Thanks for the cake link.  I hesitate to make a Red Velvet Cake-all that red food coloring.  Since it is all the rage I'm sure I will find a bakery so I can try a piece, without baking an entire cake.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2007, 08:14:27 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - BEN FRANKLIN IN PARIS (OCR)
        THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X (OCR)

DVD - BICYCLE THIEVES - disc 2
          CHARLIE CHAN AT THE OLYMPICS
          BROKEN ARROW (Blu-ray)

DVR - last night's SMALLVILLE
          last night's SUPERNATURAL
          last night's CSI
          last night's MY NAME IS EARL
          last night's THE OFFICE
          last night's SCRUBS
          last night's 30 ROCK

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2007, 08:15:04 AM »

I watched "Ugly Betty" and "Grey's Anatomy" in High Definition (over-the-air digital signal) last night.  I also cheated a bit and caught the phenomenal opening of CSI which I'd always hoped would be extraordinary in HighDef.  I was NOT disappointed.

I even stayed up to catch the opening of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.  Very high-tech, loud, jumpy and glittery.

I even saw one commercial last night that blew everything out of the water.  And now I can't remember what the product was.  But it was STUNNING.

I am looking forward to immersing myself in all the features and I've yet to even hook up my DVD player/recorder so I can watch commercial DVDs (and that's gonna be something, I just know it!).

At any rate, I do want to thank DR MattH for availing himself last evening when I desperately needed help making things work before prime time started on the West Coast.  Had I not had his (very) patient guidance/instruction, I'd probably have fallen asleep on the floor with my head buried in the instruction manual.

So...I've got to move a dresser now to allow the repairman access to place his ladder under the "bubble" in my ceiling that needs "fixing".
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 08:22:32 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2007, 08:16:18 AM »

New episodes tonight of the CBS and NBC line-ups.

New episodes of MONK and PSYCH.

I'll have to record these as I will be at a friend's house watching, probably, V FOR VENDETTA.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2007, 08:17:00 AM »

Oh, yes.  I moved my old TV into my bedroom and set it up to watch/record VHS.  I managed to record "Smallville" and "Supernatural" on it last night.  

I do not, however, anticipate sitting in my room watching TV!

:D

Jane

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2007, 08:17:36 AM »

I believe I departed last night before welcoming our latest Goddess to the clouds.  

ADRIANA PATTI CONGRATULATIONS!  
[/size] :D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2007, 08:18:52 AM »

Jose-Thanks for the cake link.  I hesitate to make a Red Velvet Cake-all that red food coloring.  Since it is all the rage I'm sure I will find a bakery so I can try a piece, without baking an entire cake.

What I want to know, re: all the red food coloring:  Does it manifest itself in any way AFTER you've consumed it?

Does it stain the teeth, the tongue?  

Does it alter the color of anything the body rids itself of...later?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 08:19:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2007, 08:19:34 AM »

Speaking of commercials on high def broadcasts, I've noticed recently that more and more of them are being produced in high def. All of the Mac/PC commercials are, of course (and the iPod commercial with the crazy colors is stunning in HD), but it's also amazing to see how many companies are finally buying into the new technology and using it. The widescreen and surround sound for these ads definitely draws one's attention to them whether you want it to or not.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2007, 08:21:32 AM »

It was my pleasure to offer assistance, DR Ron. To be truthful, hearing your delight as things fell into place was ample reward for any efforts I was making.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2007, 08:21:47 AM »

Speaking of commercials on high def broadcasts, I've noticed recently that more and more of them are being produced in high def. All of the Mac/PC commercials are, of course (and the iPod commercial with the crazy colors is stunning in HD), but it's also amazing to see how many companies are finally buying into the new technology and using it. The widescreen and surround sound for these ads definitely draws one's attention to them whether you want it to or not.

THAT's IT!

The ad I saw was for "Windows Vista" -- simply AMAZING!

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2007, 08:22:51 AM »

Yes, DR Elmore3003 slept through my phone call...how rude!

Of course he often dozes off when I am chatting with him. I get that a lot.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2007, 08:23:28 AM »

Ciao-ders for now-ders!

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2007, 08:24:05 AM »

The obituary was very nice.  While I appreciate the information for the Middlesex Hospice, it was Vixmom who requested it.

Oh, man, DR Elmore entrusts me to do one thing, and I screw it up!  Guess I hadn't had enough coffee before I posted that.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2007, 08:24:29 AM »

Yes, DR Elmore3003 slept through my phone call...how rude!

Of course he often dozes off when I am chatting with him. I get that a lot.

LOL!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up