Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: NICE/ANNOYING  (Read 30651 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:NICE/ANNOYING
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2007, 11:03:14 AM »

I went to the Brain MySpace page and was going to post a comment, but it said:
You must be someone's friend to make comments about them.

SINCE WHEN???  LOL

Can I be a brain friend?

DR edi, you have to join MySpace.com and then you can become a friend of those of us with MySpace pages.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2007, 11:03:58 AM »

edisaurus - just request to be a friend - it's over there on the left towards the top of the page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2007, 11:04:16 AM »

I'm waiting for other favorite lyrics!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2007, 11:05:23 AM »

I'm very fond of:

What a world
It's so big and so round
Look at me
Being deep and profound

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2007, 11:05:54 AM »

Will we never get to page six?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2007, 11:06:31 AM »

And we all have them whether we want them or not (myspace pages).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2007, 11:07:26 AM »

It's only eleven and I feel like I've done a full day's work.  Now playing: Dave Grusin's Cinemagic album - wonderful.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2007, 11:10:27 AM »

And...

Sort of like "Grease...", it's interesting how many "professionals" there are among this season's finalists.  Melinda Doolittle and Brandon Rogers were/are both back-up singers for some major artists.  And even one of the "out of the blue" finalists, Sabrina Sloan, was in the national tour of Hairspray for a while.  -I think she may have even been on the road at the same time as "Grease"-er,  Austin Miller.  Or not.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »

I've been loking around for a site for us to create an Oscar pool like we did last year, but I haven't found a good one yet.  I went through creating a pool at www.awardshowfantasyleague.com, but they only list the top ten or so Oscar categories to vote on.  The site DR Jose set up last year, EW.com, only has individual pools this year.  Any ideas out there?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2007, 11:16:10 AM »

edisaurus - just request to be a friend - it's over there on the left towards the top of the page.

I've just done it...try it!  You'll like it!  Everyone's doing it!  You know you want to. ;)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2007, 11:21:46 AM »

I noticed that for some reason this week on the Canadian channels TAR is on monday at 9pm (this channel carries the oscars) and they are promoting HEROES sunday at 10pm (they are carrying the new show on monday night). Their promo is "see heroes first!".

I think i will probably watch the oscars (i'm assuming CBS is carrying TAR on sunday) and tape TAR and watch it that night.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »

And...

Sort of like "Grease...", it's interesting how many "professionals" there are among this season's finalists.  Melinda Doolittle and Brandon Rogers were/are both back-up singers for some major artists.  And even one of the "out of the blue" finalists, Sabrina Sloan, was in the national tour of Hairspray for a while.  -I think she may have even been on the road at the same time as "Grease"-er,  Austin Miller.  Or not.

If you Google "Lakisha Jones, youtube", you can find a couple of songs by her in a competiton in 2005 in Houston.  She does both "Think" and "I Am Telling You".  She lost out to a female country singer (go figure...in Texas!).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2007, 11:23:12 AM »

I've been loking around for a site for us to create an Oscar pool like we did last year, but I haven't found a good one yet.  I went through creating a pool at www.awardshowfantasyleague.com, but they only list the top ten or so Oscar categories to vote on.  The site DR Jose set up last year, EW.com, only has individual pools this year.  Any ideas out there?

OH!

I was just about to do this...  The sweepstakes/ballots are being handled directly by The Oscars/ABC this year, so...

If you go to www.oscars.com, just click on The Sweepstakes link, then to Predict the Winners.  Or just click below:

http://predict.oscar.go.com/predict/frontpage

I've gone ahead and started the group: HainesHisWay.  -And, yes, the motto is "What is it, fish?".

The password is: benjamin

*You will need to register with abc.com, but just make sure to check/uncheck all the "marketing email" boxes as you desire.  But if you were a part of this last year, you log-in and password should still be active.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »

There also seems to a neat Find the 79s contest this year too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2007, 11:29:17 AM »

That looks like a wonderful place. I would like to go there the next time I go up to visit family. What a worthy thing to be involved in.

Ron Pulliam, I found the statistics you posted yesterday very enlightening---and very depressing!

I was inspired by some diatribe or other I read on the "traitors" who speak out against "THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES" who claim rights of citizenship.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean much to people bent on supporting jackasses, it seems.

At any rate, it dawned on me that many people who continue to support Bush no matter what seem not to realize that more lives and money have been lost in this war than was lost in the 9/11 attack....and none of it truly has anything to do with the attack on the World Trade Center (RIP), since Iraq was NOT the attacker.

It's all a smokescreen that many Americans are all-too-willing to accept in the name of conservative values.  Never mind that we've lost tremendous international standing, we've embarrassed many of our allies, and we've totally enraged millions of arabs we've never pretended to try to understand (and have historically done much harm against).

Whenever will someone NOT clueless come into power?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2007, 11:30:02 AM »

Well, since I'm not really in the mood to get anything done here around the apartment right now... -However, I did finish up my laundry this morning... I believe I'm going to head out for a bit and stretch my legs.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2007, 11:34:52 AM »

I requested. Depending on if Cason likes how his performance was edited, maybe he will add me!

I've been a member for awhile when we were trying to get our film off the ground, but so far I haven't used it much. The last time I visited it was in November.

Maybe I'll see if you'll let me be your friend, too.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2007, 11:35:56 AM »

OH!

I was just about to do this...  The sweepstakes/ballots are being handled directly by The Oscars/ABC this year, so...

If you go to www.oscars.com, just click on The Sweepstakes link, then to Predict the Winners.  Or just click below:

http://predict.oscar.go.com/predict/frontpage

I've gone ahead and started the group: HainesHisWay.  -And, yes, the motto is "What is it, fish?".

The password is: benjamin

*You will need to register with abc.com, but just make sure to check/uncheck all the "marketing email" boxes as you desire.  But if you were a part of this last year, you log-in and password should still be active.

Yay!  Thanks, DR Jose!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Edisaurus

« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2007, 11:36:31 AM »

edisaurus, can you replace the opening music on the DVD with the CD intro - all the way through the theremin playing, which is much better on the CD?  Or is that something I do here?

I can do it. I already burned Act I and it happens in real time so I will change it for the locked version.  I am not working in Atlanta today so I will dub Act II Monday night and send them off together at the do-it-yourself post office.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »

I now have a Brain for a friend! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2007, 12:06:26 PM »

YIKES!

Just watching the Noon News... And they're showing some footage from a Taco Bell restaurant down in Greenwich Village...  It was like a scene from "The Nutcracker".

Ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!

I just saw this video on line. According to the news report, this restaurant was open yesterday!

If you REALLY want to watch this video

Click Here

then scroll down on the left and click "Play Video" You have two choices. You have been warned!

Edisaurus

« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2007, 12:19:51 PM »

I looked at Ben's video link, and then saw this story, which was even more disturbing to dog lovers:

http://snipurl.com/dogcoat

Edisaurus

« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2007, 12:24:43 PM »

I'm in the mood for a nice RAT TACO!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2007, 12:27:30 PM »

I went for a walk today and this is what I saw (behind my house)

UGH!! There should be a law against this--one that is upheld.

Ben

« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2007, 12:28:05 PM »

Well, you can't say that restaurant doesn't give a rat's ass  ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2007, 12:35:12 PM »

There are now three rave reviews of THE BRAIN on CDbaby.com, and another one posted and waiting to appear.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »

Hello.

I have to go now.

Good bye.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2007, 12:36:52 PM »

From yesterday....

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2007, 12:37:17 PM »

Edisaurus, your picutres made me want to cry.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »

I was very happy to have my favorite hiking hat back.  You can tell my hands were cold after rolling in the snow. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up