Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: NICE/ANNOYING  (Read 30666 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:NICE/ANNOYING
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »

Favorite lyric from THE BRAIN:

"Now that I'm here on earth with no Brain I will learn to cope"

That lyric was revised after I got my copies of music, and I think it's hysterical!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2007, 09:37:19 AM »

Happens to me all the time DR JEANNE.

Was it DR MATTHEW last week who was talking about "Shopping from your shelves?"

Oh, yes: shopping from your shelves. If it's clothes we're talking about, every time I think I don't have enough to wear, all I have to do is revisit the recesses of my closet--or, alternately, do the laundry!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2007, 09:46:02 AM »

Party vibes for those lucky enough to attend...even if you are in your 30's or early 40's!

LOL! I guess I'd be way too old for that gathering! ;D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2007, 09:47:30 AM »

Favorite lyric from THE BRAIN:

"Now that I'm here on earth with no Brain I will learn to cope"

That lyric was revised after I got my copies of music, and I think it's hysterical!

I forgot---that's a great one!

DR Lar, safe travel and good vibes to you!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2007, 09:49:02 AM »

BTW, I find THE YOUNG PEOPLE'S CONCERTS absolutely fascinating.

I used to love this when I was a kid. I'll have to check it out again!

Edisaurus

« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2007, 09:49:53 AM »

Jose: I've ordered especially beautiful weather for your visit here.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2007, 09:51:19 AM »

The "learn to cope" lyric came just a week before we opened.  I had a dummy lyric there for the longest time for Cason - I should let him tell you what it was, but it had the word "gay" in it about six times.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2007, 09:52:59 AM »

Back from Von's with a car-full of liquid refreshment, paper plates, cups, eating utensils and napkins.  I think I got enough drink - five two-litre bottles each of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and thirty bottles of water.  I would think that would be plenty even if there are seventy people, no?

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2007, 09:56:29 AM »

Much fun for the CD party tonight! Give Laurie and Diana hugs from me if they are there!

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2007, 10:03:02 AM »

I am trying to decide where to stay in LA in April as I will be arriving, I think, a few days before the Ray Courts Show begins that Friday. I think I will stay on the Hollywood side since most of what I want to do and see is on that side of town (The Egyptian theater is having a big ole film noir festival...lots of vintage double features from the late 40s and 50s)....and maybe I will get to Japantown this time.

FJL

« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2007, 10:03:36 AM »

Vibes to Larry, as always!

FJL

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2007, 10:05:13 AM »

Skip's new computer came today, which was nice.  

And now it's turning out there are things that were used on the old computer that aren't compatible with the new computer, which is not so nice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2007, 10:14:44 AM »

We love Little Tokyo and recommend it highly - it's featured in Adventures With My Father in the short story collection.

Visit the Brain myspace page - Cason has done a great job revamping it.  I believe the URL is www.myspace.com/thebrainfromplanetx

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2007, 10:15:03 AM »

And now it's turning out there are things that were used on the old computer that aren't compatible with the new computer, which is not so nice.

DR FJL - Well, if you need some help...

Did you get a new Mac or did you go PC?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2007, 10:17:21 AM »

And if you did just get a new Mac, most of the software and hardware companies along with Apple should have the proper updated drivers available online if you made the switch from a non-Intel-based Mac to an Intel-based Mac.

Additionally, if it is a new Mac, you also have the phone support option to turn to.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2007, 10:20:13 AM »

Thanks for the all the weather forecasts and "requests" (DR edisaurus).  I'm still waiting on a few things to fall into place - or not - over the next couple of days, so, come Monday I should have a better idea of what and when and where I need to be before I head down to Atlanta.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2007, 10:20:23 AM »

I went for a walk today and this is what I saw (behind my house)

Edisaurus

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2007, 10:21:57 AM »

I will miss those huge, magnificent oak trees. There are almost a hundred down where the woods used to be:

FJL

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2007, 10:23:01 AM »

It is indeed a new Mac.  Soemthing about a "board" for digital recording that fit the old computer but doesn't fit the new one.  I don't pretend to understand.

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2007, 10:24:19 AM »

Oh i didn't know that thing  with fantasia was new news. I'm pretty sure i read it days ago.  I guess i was fastforwarding through her part. Because i did not here the announcement. Although i did hear the announcement about which celebs/singers would be part of future shows.

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2007, 10:27:39 AM »

RE: those eliminated from IDOL

I know we've seen all their auditions now. But i truly do not remember seeing any of the eliminated contestants have any type of backstory. They may have been shown briefly during a group number. But I really don't remember them being focused on at all during auditions (i may be wrong).

Whereas melinda and lakisha were given big time stories. Not that it would have mattered since they are the most talented.

I will say this. It can happen that somebody not featured can do well. It's not typical IMO but people like stephanie and sabrina, who have very strong powerful voices will probably stay on for a while (even though i barely remember seeing either of them before).

Edisaurus

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2007, 10:31:28 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  Today I'm going to a fundraising luncheon at the
Dayton International Peace Museum

That looks like a wonderful place. I would like to go there the next time I go up to visit family. What a worthy thing to be involved in.

Ron Pulliam, I found the statistics you posted yesterday very enlightening---and very depressing!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »

edisaurus, can you replace the opening music on the DVD with the CD intro - all the way through the theremin playing, which is much better on the CD?  Or is that something I do here?

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2007, 10:42:04 AM »

Vibes for DR Elmore. ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edisaurus

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2007, 10:42:10 AM »

I went to the Brain MySpace page and was going to post a comment, but it said:
You must be someone's friend to make comments about them.

SINCE WHEN???  LOL

Can I be a brain friend?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2007, 10:47:33 AM »

Oh i didn't know that thing  with fantasia was new news. I'm pretty sure i read it days ago.  I guess i was fastforwarding through her part. Because i did not here the announcement. Although i did hear the announcement about which celebs/singers would be part of future shows.

The news about Fantasia going into The Color Purple has been "heavily rumored" for a while.  It's been unofficially announced for the past couple of weeks - including on Playbill.com, etc.

Last night's "AI" was the chosen venue for the official announcement.  That's all.  Not "new news", or "surprise"... Just "official".
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:48:12 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2007, 10:52:23 AM »

RE: those eliminated from IDOL

I know we've seen all their auditions now. But i truly do not remember seeing any of the eliminated contestants have any type of backstory. They may have been shown briefly during a group number. But I really don't remember them being focused on at all during auditions (i may be wrong).

Whereas melinda and lakisha were given big time stories. Not that it would have mattered since they are the most talented.

I will say this. It can happen that somebody not featured can do well. It's not typical IMO but people like stephanie and sabrina, who have very strong powerful voices will probably stay on for a while (even though i barely remember seeing either of them before).

I think it's a matter of which part of the early auditions you remember the most.  The ones you liked the most.

Some of the "featured" people were not featured until the Hollywood week rounds.  Some were featured during the local auditions, but then not at all during Hollywood week.  And, yes, there were five "totally out of the blue" finalists.

I think it's best not to try to figure out what exactly the producers have been trying to do.

Just watch and vote.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2007, 10:52:53 AM »

Or watch and note vote.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2007, 10:59:19 AM »

You need my mighty MacMecanix man, John Greenleaf!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2007, 11:01:29 AM »

I'm about reaady to get out of Dodge.  The next time I post it will be from NYC.

Keep those vibes coming!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up