Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: READER'S DIGEST  (Read 63213 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
READER'S DIGEST
« on: March 02, 2007, 12:15:37 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were easy for Readers to Digest, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're off reading the Reader's Digest and will be home soon thereafter.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 12:14:10 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:READER'S DIGEST
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 12:19:08 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 12:20:02 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:21:01 AM »

Welcome four GUESTS.  Who are you people?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 12:57:01 AM »

Media Report:  

In my CD player:  nothing
In my VCRs:  nothing
In my DVR:  recording tonight's shows

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:00:47 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 01:06:49 AM »

Today, I'll be gone all day working at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts with the wardrobe people for the tour of Jesus Christ Superstar, starring Ted Neeley, who starred in the movie.  This is his "final" tour, from what I hear.  I have to be there at 9:00 am, and will be working for the show.  I might even get to meet Ted Neeley, himself!  So I'm off to bed. 8)

Here's the poster:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 02:01:28 AM »

Today, I'll be gone all day working at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts with the wardrobe people for the tour of Jesus Christ Superstar, starring Ted Neeley, who starred in the movie.  

Not to be an ageist, but...isn't he a little long in the tooth for that role? I hope he doesn't hurt himself!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 04:59:54 AM »

We will expect an complete Jesus Christ report from DR GEORGE....chapter and verse.

DR JOSE - I think DR GINNY was asking about M&M's - but I know our auras are similar.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 05:00:54 AM »

LOL...DRFJL....the "can" moment works every time.

Wow DR MUSICGUY!  I just bring my tv home and sit it on the shelf!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 05:02:03 AM »

TOD:

CD - The Brain From Planet X, Celtic Harp Selections

DVD - RETURN OF DR X with Mr Humphrey Bogart and a very funny Mr Wayne Morris

VHS - THE FLYING FONTAINES

Ben

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 05:04:08 AM »

Good Morning Jack and Larry

Ben

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 05:13:05 AM »

I must thank our generous and kind FJL for thinking of me yesterday and giving me a ticket for Curtains!

I enjoyed it . It made me laugh. The cast is very good. It still needs some work but it's funny and tuneful. I think it's too long (the first act needs trimming). As Fred said, if they could trim it down to about 2:20 that would be  nice. The second act (I sound like a repeater) works better than the first act. I like I Miss the Music very much. I will try to see it later in the run, either closer to opening or after to see how much it's changed.

I waited outside but in the crush of people leaving the theatre I never did connect with Larry and Priscilla. It's just as well because I didn't get back home until a little after 11pm (not as long as Jose's trip). It was raining when I left the theatre but by the time I got back to 16th Street it had stopped.

I slept right through to the alarm this morning (I usually wake up before and turn it off so it doesn't ring and wake up Anthony) so I'm just catching up now. I've washed my oatmeal bowl and I'm about to tackle Robert Wood Johnson.

I'm listening to Alan Titchmarsh on BBC Radio 2 right now. We don't have any solid plans for watching or listening.

We do have solid plans with the lovely Priscilla this afternoon/evening. She's coming over after I return home from work. Anthony will show off the apartment (he's very proud of our home) and then we will have dinner at some place in Chelsea (to be determined).

Thanks, again, Fred for the ticket. Your generosity is unbounded!

It was great to have a spontaneous HHW Theatre Night.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 05:19:32 AM »

Good morning, all!  I've got to finish this chart for Joanna Gleason today since was ambushed and led into temptation last night by some wonderful Kimlets.  The laundry is in the washer and I should be finished by 10 AM, then it's off to finish up CINDERELLA and begin ONCE UPON A MATTRESS.  I've got a weekend totally tied up with the recording project, and I have a chart to finish for my beloved Liz Callaway.

And to think when I went to Ohio I was worried about no work!

TOD:
  CD:  The Brain from Planet X, Lizst Hungarian Rhapsodies both piano and orchestral versions
  DVD:  Some things from Netflix that came in while I was away
  VCR:  the usual suspects
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 05:24:42 AM »

Good morning, DR BEN.

Thanks to you and DR CILLA LIZ for the CURTAINS reports.

Ben

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 05:30:43 AM »

Yes, the rain has arrived in New York. The Midwest is getting snow and wind and we are getting 52 degrees and rain. When I left this morning I had my big umbrella in my hand. It is now dry and I can close it so my office mates don't trip over the darn thing.

The rain is supposed to stop by late this afternoon so Cil and Ant and I can venture out without fear of getting soaked.

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 05:35:33 AM »

Re: last night's AMERICAN IDOL

The evictees did not really surprise me.  The girls were 2 of the 3 i suspected were leaving. And same for the guys. I thought it would be jared, aj or nick. Although the part that did surprise me was aj leaving this week (after the judges really praised him).

It really does show that those without promotion are not doing well. When people who are struggling like antonella or sunjaya (who got much more air time) are staying.

I will say this though about antonella and sunjaya. She is attractive. And although she annoys me to no end, i do find that she has a lot more star quality than the girls who left. And same for sunjaya. I was impressed with his first audition. And think that with much work he could be good. He has a nice voice. But he is not coming across well at all.

Oh and as for my theory, where it completely fails is for someone like stephanie who i never remember seeing. But she has such a powerhouse voice and the judges have praised her to death. So it is possible if you are really talented and have great stage presence to work against the system.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 05:38:00 AM »

Very very windy here today.

And it's a work day!  Hopefully we will have lots of customers.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 05:38:15 AM »

If not, I will be back here sooner rather than later.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 05:45:15 AM »

I hope you all noticed the leopard-spotted fainting couch in DR MusiGuy's living room in the photos last night.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 05:46:08 AM »

Today I must go sit in the office for a while. I don't know what I'll do, as the pastor hasn't given me the hymns and stuff for Sunday. I hope I can get ahold of him at home.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jennifer

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 05:54:27 AM »

Is is snowing very heavily here today.

DR MattH, I really like Kellie Pickler and think she has evolved quite a bit.  The song she sang last night (that she wrote about her father) was lovely and quite moving.

And DR SWW, re: the tv guide, yes it was new.  In fact my sister was shocked that UGLY BETTY was not new. I guess she uses the same tv guide! :)

Jennifer

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 05:54:43 AM »

As for this week's MEDIUM.

SPOILERS

DR MattH, OMG i loved it too. It was so fabulous and unpredictable. That serial killer was so creepy. And the ending was so fabulous and chilling i just loved it.  I suppose it could have been predicted. But I just didn't see it coming.  So thrilling. I loved, loved it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 05:56:24 AM by Jennifer »

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 06:01:39 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  It's an IW (information waitressing) day for me, then - YAY! - a 3-day weekend.

TOD - CD(car), can't stop listening to the BRAIN; DVD, DH Richard was quite impressed with Kevin's voice on the BRAIN, so maybe we'll watch Nights and Days (which I've seen several times, but R has not)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 06:02:56 AM »

CURTAINS is now on our list for our late June/early July visit to NYC.  It sounds like you all had a lovely time last night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 06:05:11 AM »

My first day of calling in sick to an editing job in the past 10 years. If you have to have the flu, it's a good day to stay home because you cannot drive into Atlanta. A bus full of college kids---a baseball team from Bluffington University in Ohio---drove off a bridge and landed on I-75. At least 6 of them died. It's a huge tragedy. The bus also landed on some cars. My commuting route will be gridlocked for hours.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 06:06:49 AM »

We will try to see a show when we're on NY for our premiere on the 30th. We're torn between The Drowsy Chaparone and Curtains. (I do love David Hyde Pierce.)

Thoughts?

Edisaurus

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 06:08:03 AM »

DR Cillaliz, I'm so glad you're having a great time there with the Hainsies. Theatre night...something that doesn't happen much here in the A-T-L.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 06:09:04 AM »

media check

iPod:  Phoebe Snow, Oscar Peterson

Tivo:  nothing in particular, though I am having it record IN COLD BLOOD this afternoon off of TCM

DVDs:  LA DOLCE VITA and THE SEVENTH VEIL
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:13:08 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 06:11:48 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]* * * * *  FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR DR EDISAURUS  * * * * * [/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 06:13:53 AM »

I do love being Drowsy. If you go at the end of March you should still be able to see Robert Martin as Man in Chair. I think John Glover will be very good as his replacement in April but see Robert Martin. He's wonderful.

If you can see two shows see them both. Curtains will have opened by then (I believe the show opens March 22). I would definitely recommend seeing it but if I had to choose between the two (having seen neither) I would go for Drowsy Chaperone. As Cil said last night, the two shows are not the same, even though they are both about musical theatre and each has a show within a show. They are two different animals.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up