Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: READER'S DIGEST  (Read 63212 times)

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
Re:READER'S DIGEST
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2007, 09:05:45 AM »

Good Morning dear Esteemed, rested, puzzled, and all-knowing BK --

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »

As for "American Idol"....  Part 2

POTENTIAL SPOILER

DR Jennifer - Yes, Sabrina was one of the five contestants who sort of appeared out of the blue, so she may be a "hole" in your theory.  However, I think it really comes down to which contestants happen to have - or not have - built in voting blocks.  -And after what my roommate experienced the other night...

He had grabbed a cab in midtown and was taking it over to the East Side to meet up with some friends.  This was around 9:45.  Once he got in the cab and told the cab driver where he wanted to go...

Did you watch "American Idol" tonight?"
-Yes, I was just watching it with some friends.
Are you voting for Sanjaya?
-Um... No.
OK

That's when my roommate noticed that the cab driver was texting continuously throughout the drive over to the East Side.

-Excuse me, it's illegal for you to be using a cell-phone while driving.
But I'm not talking on it.  I'm just texting.
-Well, I think it's still illegal.
No, it's not.
-If you're not going to pay attention to your driving, could you please pull over and drop us off now?  And I've already taken down your Medallion number.
Oh, OK.  I still have another hour to vote.

The cab driver was voting for Sanjaya!  Even though there was no possible way he could have seen the show that night - unless he had a TV mounted in his cab somewhere.  So...

-The "funny" thing is that my roommate had made a somewhat politically incorrect joke about this type of situation happening.  I guess he was right.  :-\

And I've already heard reports of the whole campus of Catholic University in Washington, DC., voting for their fellow student... Antonella.

So... Who knows?!?!?

I believe the comments the judges made last night were spot on.... "Remember, it's a singing competition."  And not necessarily a popularity contest. Although, "America" doesn't seem to know the difference.  Nor care about it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:13:00 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

MusicGuy

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »

And a most wonderful "hallooooo" to all of the DRs and H/Ks

as we launch into ....

"Page 3... page 3 ...

....I do'ed it, yes, 'twas done by me...

Page 3, page 3!"

(I cant make a page dance, so I had to make a page sing.)

... and my god, I can hear the comments now............

MusicGuy

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2007, 09:09:47 AM »

Good morning DR Jose... you exotic and studly temptress!

MusicGuy

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2007, 09:10:29 AM »

Good morning DR Edi.... I sure hope you feel better very quickly.  If I could, I'd bring you some chicken soup from the Merrimac !!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2007, 09:11:21 AM »

~~~~~GET WELL VIBES FOR DR EDISAURUS~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

MusicGuy

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2007, 09:11:50 AM »

Hi DR Jeanne.........I hope you are feeling good and staying well in all of the really crappy weather in so much of the country.

We are having another one of those days here in Phoenix that almost makes us feel guilty this time of year.

MusicGuy

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2007, 09:12:50 AM »

And I do love it --- only DR Laura would call my chaise lounge, "a fainting couch!"

But is is faux-leopard, and so I know she loves that.  :)

MusicGuy

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2007, 09:13:24 AM »

and now, time for some errands and being productive for awhile.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »

Well, I still need to have my breakfast, as well as take care of a couple of things before I head downtown this afternoon, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2007, 09:21:57 AM »

I had unusual dreams last night as well....one of the most bizarre had a naked Matt Lauer reporting on the Today show from Africa and the camera man's questionable use of a close up lens.

FJL

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2007, 09:23:44 AM »

But is AMERICAN IDOL a singing competition, or a making-someone-a-star competition?  The latter would imply a certain combination of singing talent and charisma.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2007, 09:24:38 AM »

OH... And update from yesterday....

RE: My Good "AAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!".  As of the phone call I had a couple of minutes ago, it looks like things may work out for this potential gig.  "They" are having another meeting this afternoon, and my "contact" would really like me on board.  I'm supposed to start next week, and he's willing to work around the fact that I will be in Atlanta for most of next week, so...

That's where things stand now.

Again, it was really was just nice to get the call.

DR Jose, Fantastic!  Tell Patrick howdy for me.

My sound man called and cancelled bcause of a cold, so I'm home finishing up my chart for Ms Gleason, then over to Staples to copy it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2007, 09:25:42 AM »

I had unusual dreams last night as well....one of the most bizarre had a naked Matt Lauer reporting on the Today show from Africa and the camera man's questionable use of a close up lens.

You may know nothing of current events but you sure know what floats your boat.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2007, 09:29:59 AM »

That weird dream I had might make sense after all.  I do have a fear of exotic foodstuffs.  But is it telling me to branch out and try strange foods, or telling me to beware of them?  And why is this dream so clear in my mind?

Maybe I need to get a reading from JRand.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2007, 09:34:30 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in!
FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION is one of Magic Mommy's favorite hobbies.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »

Today, I'll be gone all day working at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts with the wardrobe people for the tour of Jesus Christ Superstar, starring Ted Neeley, who starred in the movie.  This is his "final" tour, from what I hear.  I have to be there at 9:00 am, and will be working for the show.  I might even get to meet Ted Neeley, himself!  So I'm off to bed. 8)

Here's the poster:
Hey, that film came out while I was in college!

Jesus Christ using Just For Men haircoloring!  What a concept!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2007, 09:42:18 AM »

...I've washed my oatmeal bowl and I'm about to tackle Robert Wood Johnson....
How unseemly!  Football season ended a couple of months ago!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2007, 09:52:55 AM »

Hi DR Jeanne.........I hope you are feeling good and staying well in all of the really crappy weather in so much of the country.

We are having another one of those days here in Phoenix that almost makes us feel guilty this time of year.

Hello, MUSIC GUY! I'm doing fine, thank you. Our weather here is in the mid-50's (I like, I like) and the snow of last week is virtually gone. Got lots to keep me busy, too!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2007, 09:53:19 AM »

TOD -

Book - Mastering the Art of French Cooking, by Julia et al.  I've given up on Julie and Julia, too much of a chick flick in book form.

DVD - Going through my collection of Good Eats DVDs, watching the eps in broadcast order.  It's interesting to see what running gags started in so early in the game.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2007, 09:54:59 AM »

Feel better vibes for DR EDISAURUS.

And contact vibes for DRLAURA....maybe he hasn't finished his sermon yet, and has to match the hymns to his theme.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2007, 09:55:04 AM »

I see that EDISAURUS is logged on. Hello! I hope you have a good sick day (NOT an oxymoron!) and feel better soon. Can we assume that you didn't suffer any due to the tornados?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2007, 09:55:13 AM »

Yes terrible bus news form Atlanta.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2007, 09:57:04 AM »

Dream Interpretation 101:

MR BK - Lullaby of Broadway....BRAIN FROM PLANET X eventual home is showing up in your dreams....

DR MBARNUM - you don't think Mr Lauer is much of a journalist, can't believe a word he says, and have an idea of at least one good replacement

DR FJL - I would say there is a trip or change of view in your immediate future.  You will be eating breakfast in a new location.

Please deposit $25 in my PayPal account. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:57:48 AM by JRand56 »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2007, 10:17:16 AM »

Is is snowing very heavily here today.

DR MattH, I really like Kellie Pickler and think she has evolved quite a bit.  The song she sang last night (that she wrote about her father) was lovely and quite moving.

And DR SWW, re: the tv guide, yes it was new.  In fact my sister was shocked that UGLY BETTY was not new. I guess she uses the same tv guide! :)

I don't know about "evolved" -- she totally looked like a Nashville hooker.

The hair was hideous, the makeup was mawkish and the dress was dreadful.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2007, 10:23:11 AM »

Re: last night's AMERICAN IDOL

The evictees did not really surprise me.  The girls were 2 of the 3 i suspected were leaving. And same for the guys. I thought it would be jared, aj or nick. Although the part that did surprise me was aj leaving this week (after the judges really praised him).

It really does show that those without promotion are not doing well. When people who are struggling like antonella or sunjaya (who got much more air time) are staying.

Oh and as for my theory, where it completely fails is for someone like stephanie who i never remember seeing. But she has such a powerhouse voice and the judges have praised her to death. So it is possible if you are really talented and have great stage presence to work against the system.

I recall Nick and AJ having just as much, if not MORE, exposure in audtions/Hollywood rounds as anyone else.  Certainly as much, if not more, than Sanjaya.  Apart from his audition, I saw very little of Sanjaya until the final cut.  Nick and AJ totally got more in-between time.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:48:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2007, 10:28:34 AM »

JRand - Thanks for the interpretation.  

I knew I could count on you to put an optimistic spin on it.  :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »

must dash.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »

Hello and welcome, new DR SINGDAW. Are you known in these here parts?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2007, 10:42:56 AM »

Am totally curious about reader "Singdaw", currently logged in, but not yet posting.

Hello.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up