Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MANY WORDS  (Read 63741 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:TOO MANY WORDS
« Reply #630 on: March 07, 2007, 12:24:10 AM »

Have yiou ever seen Commitments, The Van or the Snapper?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #631 on: March 07, 2007, 12:24:28 AM »

When the pull the guinness, they have to make a shamrock in the foam

Aye and word has it, TRUE Guinness should be thick enough that you can stand your spoon up in it without it falling over to touch the sides...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #632 on: March 07, 2007, 12:24:29 AM »

We have made it to page 22!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #633 on: March 07, 2007, 12:24:52 AM »

Ah, Commitments -- talk about a great soundtrack!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #634 on: March 07, 2007, 12:25:04 AM »

Aye and word has it, TRUE Guinness should be thick enough that you can stand your spoon up in it without it falling over to touch the sides...

AMEN!!

Also it is the tonic of life!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #635 on: March 07, 2007, 12:25:39 AM »

Ah, Commitments -- talk about a great soundtrack!

I loved it too until my tape player made a snack out of it... I do not know if it is on CD.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #636 on: March 07, 2007, 12:25:55 AM »

The movie was good also.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #637 on: March 07, 2007, 12:25:59 AM »

AMEN!!

Also it is the tonic of life!

Who needs the Fountain of Youth?

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #638 on: March 07, 2007, 12:26:35 AM »

I loved it too until my tape player made a snack out of it... I do not know if it is on CD.

This is a perennial favorite of my mother's -- she indeed has it on CD, so maybe a St. Patty's Day treat for yourself?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #639 on: March 07, 2007, 12:26:55 AM »

Have you read the Barrytown Trilogy? The three movies I mentioned are based on the this series written by Roddy Doyle

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #640 on: March 07, 2007, 12:27:13 AM »

I haven't indeed -- but I may need to check it out now!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #641 on: March 07, 2007, 12:28:01 AM »

This is a perennial favorite of my mother's -- she indeed has it on CD, so maybe a St. Patty's Day treat for yourself?

Will have to check BN to see if they have it...

Fargo has really lost some good music shops and I refuse to frequent places like Walmart.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #642 on: March 07, 2007, 12:28:52 AM »

Brendan Carrroll is another good writer. The movie, Agnes Browne, was based on one his book. Fun soundtrack!

Chieftains also contributed to this one

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #643 on: March 07, 2007, 12:29:43 AM »

Have you ever herad of the movie Lovespell aka Tristan and Isolde?

That movie has a completely trad Irish soundtrack. Kate Mulgrew should not have been casted as Isolde....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #644 on: March 07, 2007, 12:30:04 AM »

Also Julia Roberts should not play an Irishwoman...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #645 on: March 07, 2007, 12:30:26 AM »

Have you seen Some Mother's Son or THE Devil's Own?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #646 on: March 07, 2007, 12:31:04 AM »

Who needs the Fountain of Youth?

All we need is Guinness!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #647 on: March 07, 2007, 12:31:17 AM »

Have you ever herad of the movie Lovespell aka Tristan and Isolde?

That movie has a completely trad Irish soundtrack. Kate Mulgrew should not have been casted as Isolde....

I haven't -- I had only heard of the newer Tristan + Isolde they made...haven't seen it - but I am a huge fan of Wagner's opera...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #648 on: March 07, 2007, 12:31:29 AM »

Wow, I am sooo not up to date on my Irish movies and music...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #649 on: March 07, 2007, 12:32:15 AM »

(By the way, you are from Fargo?  ...I think, if I'm not mistaken, Heather's aunt lives up in Fargo as well...)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #650 on: March 07, 2007, 12:32:50 AM »

Piece of trivia... What two Riverdance stars originally toured with teh Chieftains?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #651 on: March 07, 2007, 12:33:34 AM »

I haven't -- I had only heard of the newer Tristan + Isolde they made...haven't seen it - but I am a huge fan of Wagner's opera...

I have not seen the newer version and I woudl like to sometime.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #652 on: March 07, 2007, 12:34:10 AM »

Wow, I am sooo not up to date on my Irish movies and music...

We'll educate ya laddie!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #653 on: March 07, 2007, 12:34:30 AM »

Yes, I am from Fargo... It is about 100,000

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #654 on: March 07, 2007, 12:34:55 AM »

Piece of trivia... What two Riverdance stars originally toured with teh Chieftains?

I do not know -- enlighten me!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #655 on: March 07, 2007, 12:35:12 AM »

Answer: Jean Butler and Michael Flatley!

Jean's sister, Kara, still performs with teh Chieftains as a dancer.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #656 on: March 07, 2007, 12:35:42 AM »

Jean and Michael were the first dancers when the show first premiered.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #657 on: March 07, 2007, 12:36:04 AM »

Answer: Jean Butler and Michael Flatley!

Jean's sister, Kara, still performs with teh Chieftains as a dancer.

I did not know that -- that is some weird, wild schtuff (imagine in the best Johnny Carson impression)

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #658 on: March 07, 2007, 12:36:36 AM »

Don't tell me we're going to hit page 23...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #659 on: March 07, 2007, 12:36:50 AM »

One for Michael Flatley?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up