Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE  (Read 45654 times)

MBarnum

Re:THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2007, 08:11:36 AM »

Vibes of calmness and serenity for DearReaderLauara, and I hope you can find out what the heck is going on!

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2007, 08:16:06 AM »

Gosh, I loved SUDDENLY SUSAN and VERONICA'S CLOSET, LOL!...but my vote for worst TV shows which seemed to always get renewed are:

Yes, Dear
Small Wonder
Archie Bunker's Place

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2007, 08:18:36 AM »

My first question for ASK BK day:

What is the worst television series that ever got a multi season run?  I am not talking about 13-week wonders or those series that never were picked up after an initial showing.  The worst one that kept getting renewed for NO discernible reason.

My picks to start:

Caroline in the City
Suddenly Susan

It's been so long since I watched anything on TV, years, and years.  But, of ones where I saw a single episode of a multi-season show where I really scratched my head were Wings and NewsRadio.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2007, 08:19:20 AM »

I never really cared for any of those CBS big guy/hot wife comedies: KING OF QUEENS, YES DEAR, STILL STANDING.

But I could see that other people might like them.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2007, 08:19:57 AM »

My question for ASK BK DAY is a conundrum:

If a car battery dies in a forest, and no one can hear the horn ['cause the battery is dead, see?], then: Did it really die????

No, because the car never existed in the first place.  This is quite metaphysical.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2007, 08:25:29 AM »

So the KRITZERLAND CD appears to be no longer available anywhere online.   :'(

Might it be available as a download eventually?

If you mean the CD that goes with the book, yes, those are long gone and were available only here.  However, in the next month or so I'll be pressing a few Kritzer Trilogy CDs, which will include the all the songs from the three CDs that came with the three books, about twenty-one or so tracks in all.  So, send me a PM with your address and I'll make sure you get one.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2007, 08:27:20 AM »

What confounds me about the dear reader Laura issue is that no prosecutor spoke to her.  That is just insane for something of this nature.  There must be some sort of complaint that can be filed - people have rights and if they didn't even bother to contact the victim that seems quite reprehensible to me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2007, 08:37:08 AM »

Vibes to DR Laura.... I hope things work out for you in  your distressing situation.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2007, 08:39:10 AM »

I will add:

George Lopez
Yes, Dear
Still Standing

and one of the worst programs to clog the airwaves

According to Jim - how can this dreck keep running?

Ben I have also wondered why two of those shows are still on. One is According to Jim and I see that show as a total yawnfest.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2007, 08:39:35 AM »

Travel vibes to Jose.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2007, 08:42:36 AM »

GEt better vibes for Cilla!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2007, 08:42:46 AM »

I never really cared for any of those CBS big guy/hot wife comedies: KING OF QUEENS, YES DEAR, STILL STANDING.

Ditto.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2007, 08:44:34 AM »

I agree with bk, I also find it odd that the prosecutor did not speak with Laura.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2007, 08:52:20 AM »

Heading down now to commence with lunch preparation and my "invitation to the dance" with Mr. Kelly.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2007, 09:01:58 AM »

I really dislike sanjaya. And i had such high hopes for him after his original audition. There is something about the way that he comes across that just drives me crazy.

For me, it's the androgyny that tilts a little too much toward the "pretty" side.

I don't think Sundance is totally safe.  Last night, his hair was totally odd and he was wearing too much makeup for my tastes.  

I hated ALL THE SONGS as sung by those guys last night.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2007, 09:04:58 AM »

I thought VERONICA'S CLOSET was an unworthy sitcom. I liked SUDDENLY SUSAN much more than VERONICA'S CLOSET.

And then there was that crappy little so-called comedy with Lea Thompson and Malcolm Gets and Eric Lutes...about a cartoonist and her colorist and her on-again/off-again boyfriend.

WOOF!  It lasted several seasons.  Was it called "Caroline in Charge", or something like that?

But that was truly before "reality TV" set in.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:07:55 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2007, 09:06:11 AM »

I may have mixed that up with "Charles in Charge" (double-WOOF!)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2007, 09:07:21 AM »

No...it was "Caroline in the City".

Sure.  That's it.

How easily forgotten it would be were it not for the total lack of believability these characters had -- except the neighbor who made a career of being in the chorus of "Cats"....she was a mini-hoot -- and the "messenger" who picked up/delivered the cartoon strips to the news agency -- Charlie (played by Andy Lauer).  He was very funny.

There were some exceptional guest stars, of course....Robert Gant and Mark Feuerstein the most notable of them, IMO.

But the bulk of the show rested on Thompson and Gets.

Woof!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:11:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2007, 09:12:42 AM »

It's been so long since I watched anything on TV, years, and years.  But, of ones where I saw a single episode of a multi-season show where I really scratched my head were Wings and NewsRadio.

I liked Wings and NewsRadio the first year or two they were on, but lost interest in them after that.

There are a ton of shows that petered out that way for me.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »

I thought about this subject after watching the season finale (in March!) of THE CLASS where we were supposed to care or be shocked about a hook up.

We haven't really had time to get interested or invested in these characters, at least I haven't.  And the writing is so bad and the situations so pat or impossible, that I just didn't care.  Even with a regular cast of seven or eight - the producers keep bringing in new "wacky" supporting characters with one-joke personas....

THE CLASS could have been good.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2007, 09:14:14 AM »

As the wife (hottie) tells her hubby (nottie) in one of those....I think it's "Still Standing"...."You married up, and I married way-y-y-y-y-y down."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:14:57 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2007, 09:16:48 AM »

Vibes of calmness and serenity for DearReaderLauara, and I hope you can find out what the heck is going on!

Ditto from me, too.

DearReaderLaura, I strongly urge you to speak with a lawyer and get the lawyer totally familiarized with this case.

Any fallout that may come your way needs to be immediately and irrevocably nipped in the bud.  Prepare now.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:17:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2007, 09:20:58 AM »

For DR JoseSPiano's trip to Hotlanta:

Do you know the way, my friend Jose?
You've been away so long
Don't get lost and lose your way!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:23:48 AM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2007, 09:26:15 AM »

I was pondering the question a bit further. I have often wondered how some shows have seen the light of day for they are poorly written, no defined plots or characters and the timing is poor.  For me many of teh better shows were in the 1980s and earlier with a few exceptions in the 1990s. Some of the comedies on the air right now are okay but they just do not have the same draw that some of the ones written in the past did.

For me some of the classic stuff includes MASH, theCosby Show, Family Ties, Frasier, Cheers and many other. I still enjoy a couple from the 60s and 70s even though I have only seen them in reruns.

Shows that baffle me as to why they see the light of day... I respect those who enjoy them...
Suddenly Susan
According to Jim
George Lopez (In a rare blue moon he has an occaisionally good show)
Hope and Faith

And my all-time favorite 'what were they thinking' -- PASSIONS.... That show should have NEVER, EVER seen the light of broadcast... That is the most inane show I have ever seen...What the heck was NBC thinking....

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2007, 09:26:34 AM »

I remember liking CAROLINE IN THE CITY when it was on, although until today I had totally forgotten about it...maybe it was just Eric Lutes that I liked!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2007, 09:27:48 AM »

Ron, I also think she should contact a lawyer. This whole situation is very disconcerting. Take care dear Laura.. We are all concerned about you.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2007, 09:28:04 AM »

Oh, gosh, HOPE AND FAITH! Another one I had forgotten all about, but that I liked....I am beginning to question my taste in television now! LOL!

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:28:23 AM by MBarnum »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2007, 09:29:25 AM »

I am still not well.  Last night I woke up and I couldn't breathe.  I hacked a while, drank some water and was better.  If this wasn't such a busy week I'd stay home, but that really isn't an option.  

I have certainly been there!

A couple of recommendations for the next time it happens:

Put a kettle on and get a towel.  Stand over the steam with towel over back of your head....breathe steam in....but don't get so close that it burns your face or nostrils.

I also enjoy a cup of organic tea called "Breathe Deep", a product of "Yogi Tea" (and VERY reasonably priced at Amazon.com...MUCH more reasonable than in any of the stores that carry it or on Yogi Tea's own website).  Herbs in this organic tea include Thyme, Eucalyptus, Elecampane, Basil, Ginger Root and Mullein.  You can drink it plain (I prefer it) or with honey, which the box claims can aid in the "expectoration" process.  (Sorry, Miss Karen!).  It has a pleasant taste, so don't worry it's some gosh-awful concoction.  Other ingredients include Licorice Root, Cinnamon Bark and Peppermint Leaf.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:32:08 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2007, 09:29:27 AM »

Next thing you know people will start mentioning LANCELOT LINK: SECRET CHIMP as one of the not so good shows.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2007, 09:30:40 AM »

I did not think Caroline in the City was too bad. It was not great but it was watchable
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up