Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A MELLOW MOOD  (Read 47617 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:IN A MELLOW MOOD
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2007, 08:34:30 AM »

A good bit of new TV on tonight. Besides IDOL and DANCING WITH THE STARS, HOUSE is a new episode tonight, and both LAW & ORDER shows are featuring new episodes. DIRT has its season (and possibly series) finale tonight as well.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2007, 08:36:52 AM »

Page Three Mad-Eye, Harry, and Minerva Dance!!!

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2007, 08:37:55 AM »

DR Ginny -

Your work sounds very interesting to me!  And it sounds like you do it very well!  Brava.

DR singdaw - thanks, I needed that!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2007, 08:39:20 AM »

Sorry about your remote, DR elmore3003.  I personally have my mittens tied together with string and threaded through my coat sleeves.

I had that with my winter coat once because I kept loosing gloves...I hated it, but it worked!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

FJL

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2007, 08:46:51 AM »

singdaw - Certainly no rush to get to listening to the CD.  

Ben

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2007, 08:54:29 AM »

While I still plan on attending the Friday evening 7pm showing of Sacco and Vanzetti I haven't yet purchased 3 tickets because they are not yet available at moviefone.com nor are they available at the ticket office of the Quad Cinema. The woman to whom I spoke yesterday was not able to sell me a ticket for Friday and at moviefone.com, which lists the film and the show times on one screen, when you click on "buy tickets" you are taken to another screen which says "No show times available yet. Try again later." I will continue trying but we may not get tickets until Thursday or Friday.

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2007, 08:55:31 AM »

TOD - The "volunteering for leadership positions" gene runs strong among the females in my family.  My mother and sister and I all have this reflex that makes us raise our hands, not always with the best results for me.  DR Elmore and I went through the great blow-up of our local community theatre board about 30 years ago.  The outcome, though, was good:  he and several others founded an organization that thrives to this day.

I've had several positions on the board of the Middletown branch of the American Association of University Women - program VP (twice), membership VP (twice), president.  The job that almost gave me a nervous breakdown, though, was chairing the nominating committee - never again!  

Since 2004, I've been on the state board for AAUW/Ohio, currently as co-program VP.  In that capacity, I'm responsible for the planning of our annual conference and convention, which takes place next month.

Professionally, I've chaired the Reference and Information Services Division of the Ohio Library Council.  Currently, I'm treasurer for the Miami Valley Association of Volunteer Administrators and on the Advisory Committee for the Foundation Center-Cleveland.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2007, 09:05:13 AM »

Damn! Estate hell today.  I've now called three numbers about my dad's stock, I've waited over 15 minutes for the Boilermakers' Pension Fund, only to have the call leave the waiting mode and ring for over three minutes with no one picking up, I've left a message after speaking to two other bank employees about closing down his account in Florida, and I'm pissed and frustrated. Oh, I also left a message with the attorney who, like God, moves in mysterious ways.

Damn!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 09:06:15 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2007, 09:13:47 AM »

I must say that I have enjoyed the lovely David Shire CD!

I like all of the tracks, but my favorite is "Something for Joey."  I am happy I bought this cd even though I didn't know much about it.....as it were....being from Indiana and all....

Who's our little Hoosier?

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2007, 09:20:09 AM »

DR FJL -

Sorry; didn't get to Starfighter yet.  I had a rehearsal all night last night, and tonight too.  But it is next on my list to listen to, after Brain!  Sounds like DR Edisaurus likes what she's heard of it so far.

Singdaw, have you started Benjamin Kritzer yet?

FJL

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2007, 09:23:14 AM »

I've got nothing to post, so I'll just point out that there are now 999 HHW members according to the Discussions front page.  So, in other words,  we're only one member away from 1000 members.

:)

FJL

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2007, 09:27:13 AM »

Spoo, I meant the HHW Community Forum front page, not the Discussions front page.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2007, 09:29:27 AM »

However, as I started doing more shows away from that theater, I didn't have as much time to lend a hand there, so I had to resign. Would you believe since I left First Nighters, I have never been cast in a single show at that theater.

Imagine that!
 :-\
Most community theatres are all about their "group" and what have you done for me lately, to be sure.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2007, 09:29:56 AM »

TOD;
Some years ago I purchased a townhouse that was part of a condominium association. I soon learned that the managing agents who were responsible for maintenance did little. Projgects were being neglected. I spoke to some of my neighbors, learned that they were unhappy, too, and the next thing i knew we had ousted the present Board of Directors, installed a new one, and I was the president. It was a great deal of work, people were more often than not unreasonable--a totally thankless job--but we got things done. I then resigned, sold my townhouse, and bought my present home, which is "fee simple" (not part of any association).

Now if the roof needs repair I call the roofer. It's all down to me, but I use the contractors I choose and if it doesn't get done to my satisfaction I know why. More work in a way, but at least I'm not dependent on people who can't make up their minds, are unwilling to pay for repairs, etc. I prefer it this way.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2007, 09:31:09 AM »

Must go do some work. Have a great day, all!

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2007, 09:38:33 AM »

I don't know from boards and have never been a board member.

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2007, 09:39:59 AM »

Last night at the grocery store I bought a package of Tamari and Seaweed Organic Rice Cakes. I thought they would make a nice snack to have with my morning coffee....I have never been so wrong in my whole life.

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2007, 09:40:36 AM »

I would have been better off just taking a big slug of sea water.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2007, 09:41:48 AM »

I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this yet. But apparently tonight's AMERICAN IDOL is supposed to go over by 7 minutes.

singdaw

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2007, 09:43:03 AM »

have you started Benjamin Kritzer yet?

Yes, indeed.  My monster shipment arrived on Saturday, and I'm about half way through the first book.  I'm really enjoying it, and many connections are falling into place.  In many ways, it truly is the HHW membership manual you never got...

singdaw

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2007, 09:44:02 AM »

I have never been so wrong in my whole life.
 :'(    ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2007, 09:44:49 AM »

I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this yet. But apparently tonight's AMERICAN IDOL is supposed to go over by 7 minutes.

Yes, this is going to happen, but it's been fairly well covered even in Fox promos for the show - "a special expanded edition of AMERICAN IDOL." They just didn't go into details with how expanded it is.

My morning newspaper had that HOUSE would start at 9:07.

Of course, it's all trying to stem the ratings for the DANCING results show.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2007, 09:46:33 AM »

Because I got up earlier this morning than I planned to, I had time to clean the living room before heading upstairs to do my workout. This will leave me with more time this evening for viewing prior to the beginning of IDOL.

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2007, 09:47:11 AM »

DR Cason,

My advice is to audition for a show that opens while I am in Los Angeles in late April so that I have something fun to go and see whilst I am down there!

FJL

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2007, 09:47:24 AM »

Pardon My So-Wrong
So-Wrong Dearie
So-Wrong Farewell

(continuing yesterday's free-associating)

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2007, 09:47:26 AM »

Imagine that!
 :-\
Most community theatres are all about their "group" and what have you done for me lately, to be sure.

It's disappointing to say the least. One would like to be judged on his ability and not some harbored grudges from long ago. Sad but true.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2007, 09:51:38 AM »

DR MattH, thanks for the reminder of the new Shirley Temple movies that are out today...I must hie myself to Best Buy and pick up my favorite, STAND UP AND CHEER! The only movie that I know of that features both little Shirley Temple and big Aunt Jemima.

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2007, 09:53:04 AM »

How's that for kulture, DR Elmore!

singdaw

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2007, 09:55:19 AM »

DR Matt H.  I admire your cleaning regimen.  Some surfaces in my home haven't seen a duster in...well, I am embarrassed to admit how long!  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2007, 09:55:32 AM »

How's that for kulture, DR Elmore!

I believe, in your level of Klass. that the K is capitalized.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up