Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TIVO AND DISH  (Read 21780 times)

Dan-in-Toronto

Re:TIVO AND DISH
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2004, 03:32:05 PM »

"Put On Your Sunday Clothes" would make my list. No doubt Sondheim was being honest in his compilation; but it struck me that he was also aiming to be generous and inclusive in the spirit of his birthday, acknowledging Strouse and Adams, Kander and Ebb, Bock and Harnick, Coleman and Leigh, Shire and Maltby, Bob Merrill, and Silverware (along with Porter, Berlin, Styne, Bernstein, Loesser, Gershwin, Kern, Rodgers and Hammerstein/Hart).

(www.sunday-in-the-park.com/sondheim/wishiwrote.html)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2004, 04:05:54 PM »

Oops!  Sorry!

Yes, liked both the rooms yesterday, DRJENNIFER.  And I think a screen would have been better.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2004, 04:06:54 PM »

Dear Reader Jane DID answer your question. (see above).

You get karma for noticing.  Thank you. :)

Jed

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2004, 04:12:12 PM »

Hey did DRs Andrea and Ann switch places? I'll bet DR Andrea wishes she was in Hawaii :)

As do I.

How kind of you to also wish Andrea were in Hawaii. :D
Unless you're just trying to get her out of the country for some reason...
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2004, 04:16:53 PM »

I'm going to try for LOVE ME TONIGHT now. If not tonight, definitely tomorrow!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2004, 04:18:14 PM »

LC with TIVO you can transfer to VCR or DVD.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2004, 04:19:34 PM »

Sorry I have been E&T this weekend, but I have been sick as a dog (actually the dog was in excellent health - where does that phrase come from?).  I will catch up on reading notes and posts tomorrow, but I have spent the last two days mostly sleeping.  I'm feeling better now but want to conserve my strength.  I knew a certain person should not have come to work last week as sick as he was.  At least mine was over a weekend so I should be able to work tomorrow.  I was feeling fine when I left work Friday but it hit me Friday night when we were at the theatre watching Helen Gallagher.  If it wasn't so good (I'll report tomorrow) I would have left at intermission, and the three blocks both  to the subway from the theatre and home from the subway were pure agony.  Fortunately the sleep helped a lot.  I'll be back tomorrow.  
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

td

• td
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2004, 04:20:20 PM »

I simply adore being struck by the Karma Fairy(ies).

Well, I'm off to our restaurant's Holiday Party, where I shall imbibe maybe one or two Absoluts before coming home and reading up on the script for tomorrow's call-back.
Will there be a chat?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2004, 04:22:55 PM »

I have just discovered that LE GIRLS is NOT my favorite musical motion picture. I bought the DVD the other day and decided that a lazy Sunday afternoon would be a perfect time to watch a colorful Gene Kelly musical. Uhg. I am only through 2/3 of the movie and it is dull, dull, dull...I don't care for the actresses in it, the songs are not terribly exciting, and so far, neither are the dance numbers. I do enjoy looking and listening to Jacques Bergerac, but he alone was not worth the $14.99.

Don't you hate it when you shell out money for a DVD of a film that you have never seen, but you mistakenly believe you will enjoy...and then you realize after you have finished watching it that you would very likely never pop it into your DVD player again?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 04:23:50 PM by MBarnum »

Jane

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2004, 04:25:16 PM »

We finally got out to the movies today.  We saw SOMETHING’S GOTTA GIVE, a fun, albeit predictable romantic comedy.  :) I especially enjoyed Diane Keaton’s performance.  She looked great too.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2004, 04:28:21 PM »

WEL feel better soon.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »

DRMBARNUM maybe you can trade it or sell it on EBAY!

GET WELL VIBES TO WEL:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]```````````````````````````````````````[/move]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 04:59:36 PM by JRand53 »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2004, 04:32:41 PM »

I know all.  I am the all-knowing, all-seeing ALL.  I know who's been naughty and I know who's been nice.

Furthermore, I'm about to attempt to configure a wireless Internet card, so that if I take my laptop to the office or to a hotel, I can tap into their systems without having to go through an ethernet card or their phone.  Hoo and ray - although I haven't configured and/or tried yet.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 06:48:52 PM by bk »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2004, 04:37:53 PM »

Well, I see I have offended someone.  A Karma point has been taken away.  Probably my cruel and unwarranted remarks made against a beloved film we are not allowed to criticize.

MBarnum

« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2004, 04:39:20 PM »

DRMBARNUM maybe you can trade it or sell it on EBAY!

It will go into my trade in pile. I should have bought SILK STOCKINGS instead!

Actually I just wish that the musicals that I really love would come out on DVD...FLOWER DRUM SONG, APRIL IN PARIS, BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON, STAND UP AND CHEER, SUMMER STOCK...then I would be mighty pleased!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2004, 04:41:50 PM »

Pay no attention to that man behind the karma points.  Karma points are meaningless in the scheme of things.  Those who've been doing the taking away should think twice about doing so.  It's really pointless, and just because someone disagrees with you.  Given the fact that there is no finer place on the Internet in which opinions can be given back and forth, and interesting discussion on said opinions can be given honestly but NOT disrespectfully, well, then I guess I just don't "get" someone wanting to remove a karma point.  But, once again, the karma points are meaningless anyway, so worry not, care not, for we shall laugh and laugh.

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2004, 04:43:04 PM »

Thanks Jane!

I see I have been booed too - probably for praising DR Charles's remarks.  Oh well.

DR WEL, hope you feel better.
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

Charles Pogue

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2004, 04:47:29 PM »

I see the Karma Faery has not only restored my lost point, but I now have an extra one that I did not have before.  Ah, joy, ah rapture!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2004, 04:51:03 PM »

I now all.  I am the all-knowing, all-seeing ALL.  I know who's been naughty and I know who's been nice.

You now all! Well, Carnac, I suspect you meant "know all" but your "k" finger was stuck.

"Bruce immel - nows all, sees all!"

der Brucer (who's been both naughty and nice - but hates bragging!)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2004, 04:55:39 PM »

No one liked my Martian photo.   :'(
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 04:55:56 PM by JRand53 »

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2004, 04:59:02 PM »

I need to post this picture on the Internet so the people at ratingpets.com can copy it to their website and people can vote on how cute my cat is.

I don't have much else to say. I've spent the day sitting on my futon and drinking Cherry Coke. Oh, and I watched BK's episode of M*A*S*H.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2004, 05:00:53 PM »

Karma for Joshie and DR Sandra.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2004, 05:22:33 PM »

And how many of you still haven't read Miss Stephanie J. Block's interview?  I want a hand count.  And for those who haven't, whaddaya think we're taking the time to do these things for?  Bitch-slapping a'comin' soon, I feel it.

Well, you shamed me into it! I read that wonderful interview wherein you grilled the poor girl with your relentless badgering to "hold nothing back" - no doubt conducted with a bright gestapo light and sodium pentathol at the ready.

It's too bad you held back on the proofing!

You published: "I knew the light at the end of the tunnel was to far off."

Now, dear BK, a homophone is not a gay communication device! Surely the learned lady said "too far off" and not "to far off".

der Naughty and Nice Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2004, 05:31:31 PM »

Finally - the first pictures from the surface of

MARS

Interesting!

And now, the second picture:

Different strokes for different folks!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2004, 05:32:50 PM »

Well, I see I have offended someone.  A Karma point has been taken away.  Probably my cruel and unwarranted remarks made against a beloved film we are not allowed to criticize.

Well I certainly hope none of my comments have suggested that you are not allowed to criticize TROTK.  My comments were, in fact, reactions to your criticisms, but were opinions of my own, and certainly no more valid than yours.  

However, your commentaries about the film have inspired rebuttals, and that is all I thought they were.  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 05:33:20 PM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2004, 05:38:15 PM »

No one liked my Martian photo.   :'(

JRand53, I couldn't quite make out who was in your Mars photo...on my computer she was too small...however, I DID recognize the lad in DERBrucers photo! LOL! He couldn't be small on ANY computer, as I recall! LOL!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2004, 05:38:37 PM »

Finished my Christmas celebrating today. Long and traditional story. A group of friends (of decades standing) now celebrates Christmas - presents and all - the first week of the New Year when there are no family and work pressures. We have a terrific time. I put the Christmas tree away tomorrow! We gave up satelite TV a few months ago. All those channels we never watch.  The dish remains. A chance to once again plug the Oz movie "The Dish".

I was going to get a dish, but on my budget, all I could afford was Melmac!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Charles Pogue

« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2004, 05:44:16 PM »

Personally, when does one give a "boo", if not when disagreeing with someone? Why have a applaud/boo button, if that's not what's it for?  Otherwise, are we booing just out sheer capriciousness?...Not that I've ever booed anyone here...at least not with the karma button.

Robin

« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2004, 05:45:25 PM »

I've no inclination for the whole Dish/TiVO thing.  I only watch a handful of teevee shows, and I have no intention of adding anything more into the routine.  So I'm perfectly happy with the cable teevee service I've got; it gets Turner Classic Movies, which is good enough for moi.  

Went to see the dreadful movie PAYCHECK today.  It wasn't even junky fun like most John Woo films; just a retread version of TOTAL RECALL.  Which didn't even need to be retreaded to begin with.  Ben Affleck looked awful cute though; Uma Thurman, on the other hand, just looked awful.  

I've been listening to both the WICKED and AVENUE Q discs since getting them for Christmas...is it blasphemous to admit I like AVENUE Q better?  I simply adore Kristin Chenoweth, though.  I saw her perform with the NYC Gay Men's Chorus a few years ago at Carnegie Hall, and fell madly in idolation of her...her solo CD is a regular listening pleasure, but the WICKED disc just isn't getting my juices flowing.  

AVENUE Q, though, is a disc I find myself strangely drawn to.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

MBarnum

« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2004, 05:45:32 PM »

Well, I have never seen TROTK, so I cannot comment on any criticism or praise of it...but, now if you want to discuss the filmography of Doug McClure...!! LOL!

So no one but myself watched ANOTHER LIFE from 1981 to 1984? Well...that does seem likely!  :o
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up