Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: HOO AND RAY, IT'S MAY  (Read 92444 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:HOO AND RAY, IT'S MAY
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2007, 10:32:33 AM »

Now.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »

Page 6.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »

An epidemic of disappearances seems to be underway.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2007, 10:37:15 AM »

Guenevere, Guenevere
In that dim mornful year,
Da da da dah da da beer,
What else rhymes with 'Guenevere'?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2007, 10:41:34 AM »

Good luck with your new venture Cilla!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2007, 10:42:46 AM »

singdaw, I agree with you on Laura's sunset picture, that is a gorgeous one!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2007, 10:42:46 AM »

Guenevere, Guenevere
Seen them all
I'm still here!
Sometimes just pretzels'n'beer,
I'm still here!
Guenevere!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2007, 10:45:17 AM »

DR Laura-As always the photos were great.  I especially enjoyed the otters & the sunset.  I would say you have had a fun vacation.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2007, 10:51:42 AM »

Will we never get to page seven?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2007, 10:52:04 AM »

I shall now go ship a few packages, after which I shall return.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2007, 10:52:08 AM »

Cilla-I hope you and the other lawyer in the building always get along & respect each other.

Elmore-You sound upbeat & fairly casual about the horrible email, but it has got to be very frustrating.  Vibes that no one believes the horrible lies.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2007, 10:57:27 AM »

Will we never get to page seven?

Sooner or Later it's gonna be comin' around!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2007, 10:58:34 AM »

Barbaro.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »

Ben, I agree, smaller runs of some series is much better. It makes the element of surprise and anticipation of future stories worth the wait.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2007, 11:02:08 AM »

I have not seen SLINGS AND ARROWS yet... I may have to see if there is a clip or two on youtube.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2007, 11:04:02 AM »

paying $50 or more for a haircut, plus if I can't wash it and dry it and walk out the door, I ain't gonna get it cut fancy (I sound like some redneck  ;))

You know you're a redneck when you need to washout your oatmeal bowl in oder to get your haircut.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2007, 11:05:56 AM »

I had expectations (Oh my, yes! E-x-p-e-c-t-a-t-i-o-n-s!) that I'd receive my DVD box of Tyrone Power movies today.

I received a shipping notification over the weekend.  So, this morning, I "tracked" my UPS shipment to see if it was "out for delivery".

What I found, instead:

04/30/2007  9:06 P.M.  MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS.;ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE  

Aughghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghgh!

That sucks!!  

DERBRUCER

« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2007, 11:06:51 AM »

Perhaps we should don out tights, sing a madrigal, and dance 'round the May pole?

Those of us who are no longer in the closet can don "out tights", the others will have to wear "uptights".

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2007, 11:07:08 AM »

FJL-Since your birthday is in May then I would hope you would have nice memories of your special day.  It isn’t trivial at all.

I had two wedding showers in May, those were memorable, mostly because of the people who gave them and my excitement of the upcoming event.

My mother died on May 20, 1982.  We had just moved so Keith stayed home with his new job & the pets while the boys & I caught the next flight home.  The funeral was a nightmare for me.  That was a terrible May.  The week before my mother died our long time, 16 year old, baby sitter died, description is not needed.

So FJL, I really enjoyed your “trivial” description of your birthday.

CP-I’m glad you missed the riot.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2007, 11:07:34 AM »

Anybody got any tips on the Derby this weekend?

Not sure... Will have to check to see who is running....

DERBRUCER

« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2007, 11:11:32 AM »

I can't think any more august, eximious company I'd rather spend May Day with!

[sorry, DR der Brucer...couldn't figure out how to re-work that construction to avoid the final preposition!]

Step One: Give yourself some credit and replace "I can't think any more..." with "I can think of no more..."

Step Two: go for the gold by ending with: "...company with whom I'd rather spend May Day."

der Brucer

(Oh, Mr. Safire, I'd ready for my reprint now!)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2007, 11:17:49 AM »

Had the Tyrone Power box NOT been "emptied" by persons unknown, I would probably have gotten it today...which would have been the second "recent" item I'd received on the release date.

This used to be the "rule" with Amazon, but things went awry for a while....I was often finding my pre-orders weren't going out AT ALL.  I once noted that a new release could be had "the next day" if one were to order in the next hour and 26 minutes.

I sent an e-mail asking why my "pre-ordered copy" had not yet been shipped at a time they were offering folks a next-day copy of it if they ordered "right now."

I got a song-and-dance response I did not take kindly to...and I let them know (a la BK) how unacceptable the response was in its not dealing with the issue and ignoring the specifics of my complaint.

My pre-order was shipped post-haste and I got it that week (in two days).

I had a couple of other occasions to question Amazon about the sluggishness behind pre-order shipments.  I got the impression they thought they were doing a good job, but I informed them I knew people who ordered an item on the weekend before its release and got the item a day after the release date...while I, having pre-ordered weeks (if not months) in advance, was still waiting to be notified of a shipment.  I considered that a disservice and said so.

They've been much better about filling my pre-orders since then.

Give 'em Hell!!

Best buy a number of years ago would not replace a  computer I had back in the late 1990s  that had been a piece of junk and had been in for numberable repairs, etc. I was called everything under the sun including an idiotic woman when they said I was stupid and did not know how to use a computer. I gave the guy one heck of a dirty look. The gist of the whole of exchange is that they did not want to honor their "Lemon" policy and warranty.  Dumb ass is what I nearly called him but I was not going to give him the satisfaction of running over me. I called corporate headquarters and a gal I knew in the ND AG office at the teh time. They were not amused and they were consideringpursuing discrimintation charges against the Fargo Best Buy. However, I called the corporate headquarters and gave them a choice either honor the warranty or they could deal with Heidi... ..

I documented all the repairs and the conversations with the homonids involved.

They asked who she was and I said the AG of ND... All consumer complaints in ND are handled through the AG office.

After that comment I detected a distinct change in their behavior and they quickly honored the warranty and I got a new computer.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:19:31 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2007, 11:21:12 AM »

Barbaro.....

Sorry JRand, they had to put Barbaro down.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2007, 11:22:18 AM »

Trouble comes in threes. What's next?

A. You get a house guest from Oregon
B. You get a commission to arrange music for the Bush Coronation
C. Your office moves to Queens

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2007, 11:22:21 AM »

Thanks, DR der Brucer.  Corrections noted and implemented!  :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2007, 11:23:18 AM »

I graduated from high school in may 1984 and college in may 1989

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2007, 11:24:15 AM »

Nice job derBrucer!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2007, 11:25:33 AM »

Oh dear!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2007, 11:25:51 AM »

I would like....if I may.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »

DerBrucer, I will use the smaller one as an avvie here and the bigger one I am going to be doing a monthly column there and i would like to use the bigger one.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Up