Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TERMS OF ENDEARMENT  (Read 33290 times)

td

• td
Re:TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2004, 08:31:20 AM »

Well, gee!  I logged in with my Broadway.com id and password, and all worked out fine. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2004, 08:35:36 AM »

Here is my belated welcome to Evil Twin.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]W E L C O M E, EVIL TWIN ![/move]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 08:37:31 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ben

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2004, 08:45:22 AM »

Just got out of a long meeting and I'm about to go to lunch. I think I will have a hot potato knish with mustard and hearty salad.

Even though we have all these lovely chicken recipes today, I think for dinner we may have pork chops with wild rice on the side. I'm trying to think of a vegetable to go with that. I do need to eat a balanced dinner after all.

Ben

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2004, 08:47:25 AM »

Since I've returned from across the pond I find myself hungry. We ate so much in London and Nottingham (our friends went all out for us when we visited) that I have to readujst. I'm trying to eat smaller portions and I'm struggling to remember that just because it's there doesn't mean you have to finish it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2004, 08:48:04 AM »

Speaking of weather, we may even get a little snow tonight! Different meterologists are viewing the cloud formations and temperatures differently, but some are saying we may get a 1 inch dusting of snow tonight. That would be pretty but not too debilitating for people to cope with here.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 08:49:22 AM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2004, 08:48:37 AM »

Evidently the BroadwayWorld.com portal register is working.  I was able to register there and then get to DVDPlace, but when I tried to get to the message board it went kerflooie again.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2004, 08:53:37 AM »

Welcome DR EvilTwin!

My roommate just came back from Christmas with her mother's Hungarian chicken recipe.  I bet it's not as good as what DR Panni could offer, though.

"This is far from exact or scientific.

Hungarian Chicken (for two)

6-8 chicken drumsticks
Brown the chicken in skillet for 20 min in butter - low to med heat
Turn chicken frequently; add water and simmer 20 mins - med heat
Cover chicken with generous amount of poultry seasoning and paprika - can add garlic or garlic salt, thyme, basil, parsley flakes
Add chopped peppers, onions, and/or potatoes
Cook another 30 min on med heat, adding water when necessary."

It's delicious!  

DR Ben you are really making me hanker for a trip across the pond.  There are some fantastic airfare deals available now so it's very hard to resist temptation.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 08:54:32 AM by LC »
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2004, 08:57:38 AM »

Rain!

We're supposed to be getting more rain!

It's the rainy season!

Always room for more rain!

Sigh!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2004, 08:59:27 AM »

Personal note to BK and Nick Redman:

HOO and RAY!

I am so excited about the DVD site!

Congratulations on this new gig!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2004, 09:08:10 AM »

Good afternoon!

Well, "my room" up here in Fairfax is all cleaned and vacuumed, and I put clean sheets on the bed - and washed the "old" ones.  -I'm a good son, ain't I? ;)  And now I will start packing the car, and then I will start the drive down to Richmond!

YIPPEE!!!

Yes, I probably have a bunch of stuff to do once I get back home, but I'll be home!!!!

:D :D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D :D :D

-Next time I post it will be from Richmond!

Later...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2004, 09:09:09 AM »

DR Ron is growing up before our eyes!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2004, 09:11:16 AM »

BK, darling.  Don't you know, sweetie, why people don't use terms of endearment?  Well, bubbulah, in this day and age of political correctness, sugar, it is considered sexual harrassment.  People have lost jobs or had to attend "sensitivity" seminars (at Queen Agravain University no doubt) for telling a co-worker of the opposite gender that their dress/suit was attractive.  So, precious, until this world gets a sense of humor again, don't expect to hear those terms of endearment (except by Shirley MacLaine and Debra Winger) very often again.

Your DVD site sounds great.  Do you also plan to have a listing of all announced upcoming DVD release dates?  I for one would find this most helpful, particularly if you could search by either title (to check when a certain title will be out) or date (to make a "shopping list" before going to the DVD store.

I make a sauce for chicken with sour cream and dry onion soup mix (sort of like the dip) that is delicious.  I fry boneless, skinless chicken breasts, add the sauce to the pan for the last couple of minutes and serve it over rice with a green vegetable.

It's not chicken, but with food the topic of the day I forgot to mention that I got a Cuisnart Ice Cream Maker for Christmas.  Since I was sick over the weekend I've only had the chance to use it once, but it was the best vanilla ice cream (oh - a Harnick-Bock reference) I've ever had.  This weekend I will try either the chocolate or strawberry.  It takes a little time (mostly waiting time, not actual work time) but is well worth it.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2004, 09:13:30 AM »

.. The chicken comes out incredibly juicy and flavorful.  It's also easy, inexpensive, and good for you.  Who could ask for anything more?

Well, a little shaved truffle would be nice!

der Brucer (saying "goodbye" to "inexpensive".)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jason

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2004, 09:17:51 AM »

I'd be happy to give y'all my dad's fried chicken recipe, but I'm afraid it requires a special kind of flour that I have only found in Kentucky...it's pre-seasoned and it's called Kentucky Kernel. Cheesy, yes...tasty, most definitely. Anyway, dad thaws his chicken tenderloins and breasts in warm salt water and then dips them in an egg and milk mixture and then into the flour and fries them in vegetable oil. Put the chicken on paper towels to soak up any excess oil and then enjoy!

One of my favorite chicken recipes is really, really simple and quite tasty. Take boneless, skinless chicken breasts and put them in a glass casserole dish. Completely cover the chicken with tomato sauce and then pour in three bags of shredded cheese--your three favorite kinds of cheese (one bag of each)--and bake, covered, for three hours (or until cooked) at 350 degrees, stirring occassionally. Serve over wide egg noodles. It sounds sort of plain, but I assure you, it's TASTY. You can also add salsa, jalepenos, peppers, onions--whatever floats your boat. I wish I had an over so I could make it tonight!!

Oh! Welcome, DR Evil Twin. What show are you doing and where???

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2004, 09:25:34 AM »

Any guesses yet JMK?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2004, 09:28:11 AM »

Gyu-Kaku was absolutely fantastic.  We arrived before 8 and closed the place at 11:30.  And the staff was SO friendly and personable.  But why shouldn't they be?  They bring you marinated meats, and YOU'RE the one cooking them, over a special only-found-in-Japan kind of charcoal.  Amazingly delicious.  This trip (and it was a long one) we can't complain about the food in Los Angeles because of Gyu-Kaku and August Chris.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2004, 09:33:46 AM »

Okay I read the notes, but have not yet read the posts.  Is that allowed? :)

Actually I'm starting them now.

I just want to say that it is FREEZING HERE.  DR Emily are you frozen yet?

OMG, this weather is unreal. It is -40C (with windchill) which is above -30F I think.  Can the warm vibe people please come out and give us some warm weather please!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

So...went to DVD site.  Tried to access BK's column.  My internet froze up.  Never got to column.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2004, 09:36:08 AM »

Oh and I LOVE terms of endearment.  And if you want to laugh, "the guy" knows how much I love terms of endearment.  So now whenever he wants to say "that was so dumb", instead he says "sweetheart", so we're both happy.  Except that I know what he's really thinking :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2004, 09:39:51 AM »

My first major computer (after the Timex 1000 with a membrane keyboard and a whopping 1K of memory) was an Atari 800XL in 1984.

I first cut my computer teeth on a KAYPRO II which used 180K 5¼ floppys and ran CP/M as an operating system. The machine had two floppy drives, but with one floppy for the OP system, one for the Application, and one for the data files, there was lots of disc swapping. All of these for a mere $1600!

I also remember, somewhat fondly, my supervisor's response to my request to add a second 20MB hard dive to my XT: "I can't imagine a time when anyone would need more than 20MB of storage" - and this man was managing technical projects for a top-of-the-line Aerospace company. I think of him often when I notice the 1.4 GB database  files I have on my PC today.

der Brucer (a memory size queen!)

AllAccessWorld.com

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2004, 09:40:04 AM »

We are sorry some have had a sign up "issue"  Rest assured it has been fixed. Please try again to register.  Thanks!

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2004, 09:40:10 AM »

I must have typed in something wrong about my e-mail address or my password because now it says I have an illegal e-mail and/or password when I try to login, and I can't post. That's OK. I can go back and reregister later.

Emily

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2004, 09:41:42 AM »

Good morning one and all!

It is damn c-c-c-c-c-c-ooooollldddd outside today!  When I woke up, the first thing I heard on the radio was that it was -26C (-18F) with a windchill that made it feel like -38C (-36F).  Let's just say getting out of bed this morning was not the easiest of tasks

You guys (and gals) who posted near to 300 posts after I went to bed at 10pm EST are SICK! SICK I tell you! ;)

Welcome to new DR Evil Twin.  

Courses Update:

1) Canadian Public Administration
The prof introduced the class as "the boringest one you will probably ever take in your academic careers" and then went on to prove it with a mini-lecture...

2) Canadian Church History
aka the WEIRDEST HIPPIEST CLASS EVER!!!! Not only am I convinced that the prof is stoned, he made us listen to Joni Mitchell ("Both Sides Now" is our class "anthem") and participation counts for 70% of our mark.  Participation!?!  What is this... elementary school?  The good news is that while he may be weird and more than a little hippie-esque he has a reputation of getting an incredibly diverse and socially important group of guest lecturers to come in to lead "discourse groups".  Last year he had Jacques Parizeau (former Premier of Quebec), the gay couple suing the province of Ontario for the right to marry AND Ethan Hawke.  

3) Contemporary Western European Politics:
Boq's cell phone went off in class.  He had explained that his wife was nine months pregnant with their first child and was due this week in the last lecture.  He, and the class, were sweating bullets.  Of course, it turned out to be a wrong number ;)

And that was the drama that is McGill... for today at least :)

Okay secondly, I have decided to reinvent myself.  I want to change my hair.  If DR Andrea is reading this - she just fainted.  I have been opposed to all attempts to get me to try something new since a failed "grow it out" endeavour when I was 8.  I am due for a cut soon... I must start thinking what I want...

Chicken Recipe:  I like chicken, but overall it is not my favourite thing to eat (being far too boring for "special" occasions when I normally go for fish or seafood if I'm in the mood for meat).  I will admit that all your recipes sound delish though. :D

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2004, 09:42:19 AM »

DR Ron is growing up before our eyes, and nicely, too!  :D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2004, 09:45:33 AM »

Dear BK (can I call you Baby Kakes?):

You say "Nick and I will both be writing our thoughts on current and upcoming DVDs, his in Nick’s Column, me in Bruce’s Column."

I'll bet you just lutzed about with your eponymously creative naming.

der Brucer (always thankful for an excuse to be verbally promiscuous)

td

• td
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2004, 09:47:00 AM »

Oh! Welcome, DR Evil Twin. What show are you doing and where???

Allow me to answer for my Evil Twin:

DILLION'S   245 W. 54th St., NYC   (Between B'Way & 8th)

Fri. Jan. 9th 10:00 pm , Sat. Jan. 10th 7:30 pm, Sun. Jan. 11th 5:00 pm

Staring Richard Skipper as Carol Channing, Holli Vest as Tina Turner, Anne Kissel as Roseanne, and Janet Fanale as Julie Andrews, Betty Buckley, Carol Burnett, Kristin Chenoweth, Katharine Hepburn, Madeline Kahn, Patti LuPone, Butterfly McQueen, Ethel Merman, Olivia Newton-John, Bernadette Peters, Joan Rivers, Maggie Smith, Barbra Streisand.
. . .and according to reports in last night's posting frenzy, also as Donna Murphy!

(line-up subject to availability) Reservations call 845-365-0720. $20. cover, $10. food or drink minimum.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 09:48:31 AM by td »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2004, 09:49:55 AM »

Yesterday, DR Ron Pulliam posted soem interesting pictures; however, he left out the captions:

"You touch me there again and I'll show you my Lorena Bobbit imitation!"

and then:

"Oprah, girl, drop the weapon!"

td

• td
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2004, 09:50:15 AM »

You guys (and gals) who posted near to 300 posts after I went to bed at 10pm EST are SICK! SICK I tell you!

Gods are not supposed to get SICK!  Welcome me to Valhalla!  Birng on the fat lady!  Bring on Siegfried - -please!!!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2004, 09:50:27 AM »

Speaking of DVDs, I noticed that the first season of the campy old 60s sci-fi classic LOST IN SPACE is coming out next week. Anyone else interested in it? I'm sure it's going to look very cheap and cheesy, but when I was in 10th grade, I thought this was a funny and involving show. And Mark Goddard, well, . . . .

td

• td
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2004, 09:52:08 AM »

DR Ron is growing up before our eyes, and nicely, too!  :D

Yes, but DR JRand still looks a bit un-civilized, maybe one of we dear readers, we few, we precious few, could try to tame his savage beast.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up