Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SEESAW  (Read 34811 times)

singdaw

Re:SEESAW
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2007, 10:47:29 AM »

You will, however, probably see a number of our bottom-feeders.

;D

Don't the bottom-feeders have their own LoC classification index?   ;)

MBarnum

« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »

Little India or mini-Little India...both work fine for me!

But I do think Rodzinski needs to buy himself a nice kurta for lounging around his apartment.

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2007, 10:52:48 AM »

;D

Don't the bottom-feeders have their own LoC classification index?   ;)

DDC (Dewey Decimal Classification), here, DR Singdaw.  I'd classify the bottom-feeders either in 593.1 or 616.96.  But then, I'm not a cataloger...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2007, 10:52:54 AM »

I thought this was fun!

Woody Allen directs opera
Los Angeles Opera, which for a number of years has been recruiting well-known filmmakers to work on its stage, has announced the latest addition to its directorial roster: Woody Allen.

The legendary comedian/filmmaker/writer/jazz clarinetist will direct Gianni Schicchi, the comic third part of Puccini's Trittico, in a new production of the complete trilogy to open L.A. Opera's 2008-09 season. This will be his first opera production.

"I have no idea what I am doing," said Allen in a statement released by the company yesterday, "but incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »

TOD -

iPod - various podcast and a Sondheim playlist (which needs to be edited as there is WAY too much {i]Follies[/i]

CD - Forbidden Broadway (The one with Titanic and Ragtime
DVD - Netflicks came in yesterday - so I'll be watching "Queer as Folk" Season Two Disc One.

I can't wait to be able to join in on a HHW gathering in NYC, only a few months away until the move.  Granted, I'll be able to pull myself away from Pennsylvania for a day in NYC, but I'm hoping!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2007, 11:11:34 AM »

Little India or mini-Little India...both work fine for me!

But I do think Rodzinski needs to buy himself a nice kurta for lounging around his apartment.

If you wear that drag here, I'm evicting you!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2007, 11:14:17 AM »

Do DH Richard and I need "His & Hers" kurtas?  Is that the plural of kurta?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »

Whereas...

Some of us do the Can-Can!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Which one is you, SINGDAW/DINGDAW/SLINGBLADE/COLESLAW (among your many aliases)?

(surely you knew someone would ask)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2007, 11:17:33 AM »

I thought this was fun!

Woody Allen directs opera
Los Angeles Opera, which for a number of years has been recruiting well-known filmmakers to work on its stage, has announced the latest addition to its directorial roster: Woody Allen.

The legendary comedian/filmmaker/writer/jazz clarinetist will direct Gianni Schicchi, the comic third part of Puccini's Trittico, in a new production of the complete trilogy to open L.A. Opera's 2008-09 season. This will be his first opera production.

"I have no idea what I am doing," said Allen in a statement released by the company yesterday, "but incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."

I think it's GREAT! I give the LA Opera credit for having the courage to do something completely different. I'm anxious to know the outcome. And I love the quote.

singdaw

« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2007, 11:18:08 AM »

He looks kute in his kurta!    :)

singdaw

« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2007, 11:20:45 AM »

Which one is you?

Oh...

Sorry, I'm not in that shot.  Just before the shoot, my garter belt went missing...   :o

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2007, 11:22:06 AM »

TOD:

CD:   JASON GRAAE (yes, again)
DVD: SUNSET BOULEVARD
VCR:  nuttin'

MBarnum

« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2007, 11:23:10 AM »

Do DH Richard and I need "His & Hers" kurtas?  Is that the plural of kurta?

A Kurta for DH Richard

But for you DR Ginny, a sari would be much more feminine.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2007, 11:23:43 AM »

Oh...

Sorry, I'm not in that shot.  Just before the shoot, my garter belt went missing...   :o

Yeah, right. A likely story.

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »

And Ginny and Elmoore, shall we have swedish meatballs prior to attending CURTAINS on saturday night? (that is presuming I get my house seat from Rupurt Holmes).

Of course even if I don't get a seat for the show I am still able to eat swedish meatballs with you all.

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2007, 11:26:23 AM »

And DR Jose, will Friday be a good day for Pork Belly's?

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2007, 11:26:53 AM »

Gosh I am so hungry....and excited. I am hungry and excited both at the same time.

singdaw

« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2007, 11:27:03 AM »

The dress code curtailed cute curt kurtas.

singdaw

« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2007, 11:27:50 AM »

Gosh I am so hungry....and excited. I am hungry and excited both at the same time.

Well, excited AND scared...

[an Into the Woods reference]

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2007, 11:28:24 AM »

JRand and I both own kurtas and I do believe we make a striking pair in them.

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2007, 11:34:25 AM »

And Ginny and Elmoore, shall we have swedish meatballs prior to attending CURTAINS on saturday night? (that is presuming I get my house seat from Rupurt Holmes).

Of course even if I don't get a seat for the show I am still able to eat swedish meatballs with you all.

Well, DR MBarnum, I think the Scandinavian place I recommended is closed on Saturdays for the summer.  But didn't DR Ben have a recommendation?

singdaw

« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2007, 11:37:10 AM »

So much to eat, so little time!  :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2007, 11:37:52 AM »

IAlas, I also think I may have pulled a muscle in my back yesterday during my run - or after it.  So, today, I shall rest and take it easy.  And I may have a cookie.  From you know where.  ;)

That's the ticket!  Negate the gain, indulge in Levain!

;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2007, 11:39:05 AM »

Closed for the summer???? Well..that is odd. Well, we shall have to look into the other Scandanavian place....DR Ben, can you remind us of what and where it was?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2007, 11:39:47 AM »

And DR Jose, will Friday be a good day for Pork Belly's?

Awwww, MBarnum.....that's just a little baby fat...no need to call it a pork belly!

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »

Negate the gain, indulge in Levain!

DR JoseSPiano forgot that when jogging, you should be looking ahead,  instead of back over your shoulder at the hunk that went by in the opposite direction!

Ginny

« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2007, 11:47:40 AM »

Closed for the summer???? Well..that is odd. Well, we shall have to look into the other Scandanavian place....DR Ben, can you remind us of what and where it was?

Not so odd, really, because it's a cafe in a museum/cultural center.  Let's hope DR Ben can further advise us!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2007, 11:48:07 AM »

Meeting done and now lunch in ten minutes.

I did have to laugh - on one of the theater chat boards someone (hmmm, I wonder who) comes on and starts a thread whose title is the name of a label we don't mention.  The person says gee, I thought they were done but I just happened (yeah, right) to go to their website and they're still in production (whatever that means) and you can buy stuff that's listed as out of print everywhere online.  Happy to report not one response to the obvious shilling.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2007, 11:48:46 AM »

Shall I have a pastrami sandwich or my tri-salad (two scoops of chicken salad, one scoop of egg salad).  Hmmm.

singdaw

« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »

Anyone for a completely nude production of the Scottish play?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up