Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SEESAW  (Read 34806 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:SEESAW
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2007, 08:58:51 AM »

Confucious say: If one gets Robbie Dupree's "Hot Rod Hearts" running through the brain, it is quite difficult to get it out.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2007, 09:00:03 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam...

What have you been doing in your home there, that would render cleaning the carpet an adventure?   ;)

Probably the same thing(s) that DR MattH does to warrant cleaning the bathroom, the kitchen floor and the carpets each week.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2007, 09:01:38 AM »

Probably the same thing(s) that DR MattH does to warrant cleaning the bathroom, the kitchen floor and the carpets each week.

Only the carpet hasn't been cleaned in....a long while.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2007, 09:02:21 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - don't get so buffed and muscle-bound that you develop the problem that THIS actor has: he can't even wear a proper jacket!

If you do, however....give me a call!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2007, 09:02:43 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - don't get so buffed and muscle-bound that you develop the problem that THIS actor has: he can't even wear a proper jacket!

Umm...  Well.... I don't think I'll ever have that issue.  Although, one never knows.

*And after stepping on the scale this morning - for the first time in two weeks - and not seeing a big a difference as I would have liked - after two weeks of being "good"...  Well... I think I may need a new scale.  One that "likes" me.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - don't forget that some of your fat loss may have been offset by muscle gain.  A much better indicator of how you're doing is how your clothes fit/feel.   :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2007, 09:07:49 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - don't forget that some of your fat loss may have been offset by muscle gain.  A much better indicator of how you're doing is how your clothes fit/feel.   :)

I know, I know.  No worries.  -Although, I have one of those scales that also reads body fat percentage, so...  However, those types of scales are known for not being very accurate when it comes to people who have naturally large frames, so...  In any case...

Alas, I also think I may have pulled a muscle in my back yesterday during my run - or after it.  So, today, I shall rest and take it easy.  And I may have a cookie.  From you know where.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2007, 09:08:04 AM »

If anyone happens to catch next week's episode of History Detectives on PBS, you might be interested to know that part of this segment was shot in the library where I work.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2007, 09:11:18 AM »

DR Singdaw - we have made no definite plans for Thursday evening.  Assuming Amtrak is running on schedule, we're due into Penn Station about 3pm.  We're not set on seeing a show that night or anything, so maybe a not-too-late dinner & visit would work.

DRs Elmore and Jose, does that mesh with the master plan?

The master plan has not been worked on yet by the masters.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2007, 09:13:05 AM »

The master plan has not been worked on yet by the masters.

Well, why don't we just say - Grand Central - by the big clock/booth in the center of the main hall, 6:00.  Then we can all go from there.  -And if we do head down to Little India, then it would be very easy to grab the 4, 5 or 6 from there.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2007, 09:14:50 AM »

Well, I need to take care of some shopping and errands.  And, yes, maybe even that cookie.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2007, 09:16:45 AM »

Well, why don't we just say - Grand Central - by the big clock/booth in the center of the main hall, 6:00.  Then we can all go from there.  -And if we do head down to Little India, then it would be very easy to grab the 4, 5 or 6 from there.

What a capital plan! (A G&S reference)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2007, 09:19:48 AM »

Just checking to make sure. This is the plan for Thursday, June 28th, correct?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2007, 09:21:41 AM »

There is also a Mini Little India within walking distance of Grand Central on Lexington. Of course, I don't know how vast their kurta selection is.

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2007, 09:24:15 AM »

We'll be there - assuming our train, due into Penn Station at 2:49pm, is reasonably on time (how safe an assumption is that?) and that we can get checked into our hotel and over to Grand Central by 6pm.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2007, 09:34:17 AM »

Last night certainly was an adventure.

Sometime after three, he had to wake me up.  He'd roused, discovered that the front door was open, and that Mikey and the blondes were missing.

I got dressed as quickly as I could.

With three leashes stuffed in my pocket, I headed out on foot.  Der B noted some barking up the street a ways, and I headed in that direction while he got in the car.

I started calling out the dogs' names, not too loudly since it was the middle of the night.  Suddenly, before I had made my way to our first neighbor's yard, there was a skittering of toenails, and up ran Mikey as fast as I could.  I scooped the happy feller into my arms, and looked up.

There, a couple of houses away, were Bonnie and Buster.  I think I startled her, because she gave a warning woof, but then I called to them and she realized who I was.  They dashed towards me, then past me to the driveway, where der Brucer was only just starting to head up onto the street.  Fortunately he stopped the car and just sat there, while I trotted over to the front door, where Buster was already waiting for me.  I opened the door, the blondes rushed in, and then the three explorers all started demanding a round of doggie biscuit treats.  Fletcher, who had been sleeping next to der B on the couch, decided he wanted a treat, too.  Der Brucer chose not to be treated.

We agreed it was a good thing that Bonnie and Buster are clearly past their roaming stage, and like to be part of the pack.

And, with that adventure over, we all settled down to try to get over the adrenaline rush.

And that was our little nighttime adventure.

CRISIS AVERTED. Glad to hear it worked out so well and so quickly.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2007, 09:37:38 AM »

Just checking to make sure. This is the plan for Thursday, June 28th, correct?

Yep!  By that point, I will need a large alcoholic drink and several strong drugs from being with DR MBarnum all day!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2007, 09:38:22 AM »

We'll be there - assuming our train, due into Penn Station at 2:49pm, is reasonably on time (how safe an assumption is that?) and that we can get checked into our hotel and over to Grand Central by 6pm.

Well, DRGinny, that's why God invented cell phones!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2007, 09:40:26 AM »

No, I haven't, but I'm hoping one of our several area PBS stations starts airing it soon.

You might try Netflix. I liked it better than TOUCHING EVIL. Really interesting writing. Robson Green handles the part well, too--he's not just a pretty face.

You have SEVERAL PBS stations in your area? Oh, lucky you!

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2007, 09:41:59 AM »

Well, DRGinny, that's why God invented cell phones!

Spoken like a true convert, DR Elmore  ;) !

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2007, 09:43:01 AM »

Meeting begins if fifteen minutes.

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2007, 09:50:03 AM »

Woo hoo! I can't wait until next Thursday!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2007, 09:51:22 AM »

Woo hoo! I can't wait until next Thursday!!!

Some of us can!

singdaw

« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2007, 10:12:17 AM »

Some of us can!

Whereas...

Some of us do the Can-Can!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

singdaw

« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2007, 10:13:30 AM »

If anyone happens to catch next week's episode of History Detectives on PBS, you might be interested to know that part of this segment was shot in the library where I work.

DR Ginny, might we see you scurrying around in the background, somewhere?  :)

singdaw

« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2007, 10:14:40 AM »

***soothing back muscle vibes***[/color][/size]
to DR JoseSPiano

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2007, 10:15:31 AM »

DR Ginny, might we see you scurrying around in the background, somewhere?  :)

I don't think so, DR Singdaw, but you never know.  You will, however, probably see a number of our bottom-feeders.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »

Hello all and sun-dried and studly and lovely............

And a big hello and congrats to dear Esteemed and buffed BK --  I really like the book cover.  Thanks for posting it!

MusicGuy

« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »

At the moment, I'm sitting in a Starbucks at the corner of Station street and Main, in old downtown Barrington, Illinois.

It's because they have T-Mobile wireless here, and I had to check on 2 business letters that needed attention.

I can't get my laptop to work at all at the house where I'm staying.  :(   So, I can only do a brief check in and hello.

And now I have to get back to work and some set-up and rehearsing at the "music salon" where we are performing.

..... BIG HUGS TO ALL ..........:)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:46:18 AM by MusicGuy »

MusicGuy

« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2007, 10:45:54 AM »

.... and here's a soothing kiss on dear DR Jose's back....... (smack)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up