Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SEESAW  (Read 34707 times)

Ginny

Re:SEESAW
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2007, 07:19:55 AM »

I'm envious of all the HHW clan getting together in the big apple. Sounds like so much fun!

So, DR Edi, c'mon up and join us!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2007, 07:24:14 AM »

Hmmm...it seems that everyone is arriving in NYC on Thursday and that that would be the only window to meet DR Singdaw.  I think I'm going to hold off on reserving a hotel room until Monday so I can check out if I can get away with taking Thursday off myself and getting up there a day earlier.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2007, 07:26:28 AM »

Last night certainly was an adventure.

I didn't get off work until ten-thirty.  Fortunately, der Brucer arrived on time (an unusual thing for him to do - you can generally set your watch for him to arrive fifteen minutes late) and agreed that having a bite out would be better than my trying to cook.

We dined at the Rehoboth Diner, where we discussed softball/baseball scorekeeping, the grandlads, and The Sound of Music.  We then headed for home, I got some reading in, and he crashed on the couch while watching television news.

Sometime after three, he had to wake me up.  He'd roused, discovered that the front door was open, and that Mikey and the blondes were missing.

I got dressed as quickly as I could.

With three leashes stuffed in my pocket, I headed out on foot.  Der B noted some barking up the street a ways, and I headed in that direction while he got in the car.

I started calling out the dogs' names, not too loudly since it was the middle of the night.  Suddenly, before I had made my way to our first neighbor's yard, there was a skittering of toenails, and up ran Mikey as fast as I could.  I scooped the happy feller into my arms, and looked up.

There, a couple of houses away, were Bonnie and Buster.  I think I startled her, because she gave a warning woof, but then I called to them and she realized who I was.  They dashed towards me, then past me to the driveway, where der Brucer was only just starting to head up onto the street.  Fortunately he stopped the car and just sat there, while I trotted over to the front door, where Buster was already waiting for me.  I opened the door, the blondes rushed in, and then the three explorers all started demanding a round of doggie biscuit treats.  Fletcher, who had been sleeping next to der B on the couch, decided he wanted a treat, too.  Der Brucer chose not to be treated.

We agreed it was a good thing that Bonnie and Buster are clearly past their roaming stage, and like to be part of the pack.

And, with that adventure over, we all settled down to try to get over the adrenaline rush.

And that was our little nighttime adventure.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2007, 07:27:18 AM »

DR Dan (the Man) - don't do anything special on my account!  We're close enough that we'll meet at some point - if not now, then soon.  :)

singdaw

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2007, 07:29:15 AM »

DR SWW - Egad!  That awful adrenaline rush when you realize what has happened - not fun.  Glad your adventure had a happy ending!  :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2007, 07:30:59 AM »

TOD:

Books - finished Michael Tolliver Lives, by Armistead Maupin.  I'm a few chapters into All That Glittered, by Ethan Morddan.  (What, nothing about cooking?)

DVD - Return to Oz

CD - Dangerous Man, Trace Adkins.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2007, 07:32:12 AM »

media check:

iPod:  it's summer and I am in 80s music mode--Duran Duran, Haircut 100, Teena Marie, Men At Work!  Get into the groove!  Yeah!

Tivo:  I think I told Tivo to record the Dance In America special on PBS the other night.

DVD Player:  More of COUSIN BETTE and maybe A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2007, 07:34:35 AM »

Tell me about it, DR Wadgnis!  The pack settled down a lot faster than I could.

The only evidence that anything had been amis was a mess of grime on Bonnie's side.  For the life of me I can't think of what she got into.  But most of it has come off by this morning, and our little princess is coolly dozing in the sunshine on the couch, as if nothing unusual has happened.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2007, 07:37:53 AM »

Dear Santa:

RE ELF:

I don't think the reaction when you fell was a genuine FLEER, but more a look of admiration and love.  And, face it, the look on your face when you bounce is funny!

With Love - your wife.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2007, 07:40:07 AM »

As for the Friday Media Check...

Besides whatever ends my iPod ends up "shuffling"... "Best of Van Morrison".
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2007, 07:55:47 AM »

Media check: The Brain is in the car cd player. I don't know what is at the church any more. I guess I'll find out.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2007, 07:56:09 AM »

Ugh. It is not even 8 am, and it is already 91F.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2007, 08:02:13 AM »

I'm heading down now to clean up a bit for my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2007, 08:04:57 AM »

George, Cilla, Jennifer, Rodzinsky, elmore, td, & Singdaw, thank you for the travel vibes.

Currently the flight is two hours late, leaving only an hour and a half for them to get through customs, collect the luggage & connect to their 9:05 flight with JetBlue.  

I hope the wind is behind them & they make up some time here, and customs lets a Romanian girl & her cat through without any problems.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2007, 08:07:22 AM »

Romanian cats are known terrorists.

;)

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2007, 08:07:26 AM »

CD: Best of Himesh Reshimaya

DVD: The Hooked Generation

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2007, 08:07:35 AM »

Also, USPS brought fun stuff:  Three seasons of "Touch of Evil" with Robson Green and the HD DVD of Joss Whedon's "Serenity."

DR Ron, have you seen WIRE IN THE BLOOD? I was very impressed with it.

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2007, 08:08:50 AM »

Further travel vibes for the Romanian girl and her cat! I hope the remainder of the trip is uneventful. I am sure she will be relieved to see Craig when it is all over with!

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2007, 08:12:13 AM »

DR Jane - please add my travel vibes for the Romanian cat and her girl.  Thanks for the updates!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2007, 08:13:37 AM »

Dan the Man and Singdaw, I am so glad you two are planning to come to NYC!!! Looking forward to seeing you.

I have not heard any of Jose/Larry's plans for us as of yet. Larry did mention an HHW get together in Little India, but he may have just been tormenting me....but it sounds like a fun place to visit with everyone...we could all shop for Bollywood DVDs and kurtas and saris and eat Indian.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2007, 08:16:46 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
for flight and customs!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2007, 08:18:58 AM »

Time to head to work (already!)

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2007, 08:27:51 AM »

It is hot outside already. why!!!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2007, 08:28:33 AM »

The machine that puts money on my laundry card is broken, so I may not do laundry until they fix it.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

singdaw

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »

Looking forward to seeing you.
Likewise!  :)

Larry...may have just been tormenting me.
I cannot imagine such a thing.  ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2007, 08:38:10 AM »

DR Ron, have you seen WIRE IN THE BLOOD? I was very impressed with it.

No, I haven't, but I'm hoping one of our several area PBS stations starts airing it soon.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2007, 08:40:03 AM »

It's a day off and I'm up!  Already!

My eyes want me to shut them and get back in bed.

My mind, though, is alert and active and ready for adventure.

I'm considering cleaning my carpet!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2007, 08:44:33 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  VERY blue skies out, and it looks like it's very hot already, but inside the home environment is very cool.

Meeting at ten, so I get to relax until then.  

singdaw

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2007, 08:45:22 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam...

What have you been doing in your home there, that would render cleaning the carpet an adventure?   ;)

Really hope you enjoy your day off.  While all your office compatriates are struggling with their fiscal year end turmoil.  But don't shed a tear for them!  :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:57:46 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2007, 08:57:01 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - don't get so buffed and muscle-bound that you develop the problem that THIS actor has: he can't even wear a proper jacket!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up