Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SWIMMING HEAD  (Read 35055 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE SWIMMING HEAD
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2007, 10:07:57 AM »

Spoo...I meant LA BOHEME!

It may have been a subconscious slip, since Baz Luhrman is reported to be preparing "Strictly Ballroom" for the stage.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2007, 10:08:49 AM »

From Cilla:
So is anyone going to buy an I-Phone?

Keith would probably get one, except he said only AT&T offer it.  We don’t have or want AT&T cell service.  

If the phone turns out to be fantastic, maybe we will re-think AT&T.  We are pleased with our T-Mobile service but Keith is very unhappy with his Sidekick.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2007, 10:11:23 AM »

I'm very excited about seeing a new episode of THE CLOSER tonight. And with the added enticement of Fritz in a towel, well, I'll be recording this for additional viewing opportunities.

Take note at @ 20 minutes into the show...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2007, 10:13:09 AM »

I've called the guy at NYMF, but got his machine.  So, he's now gotten an acceptance e-mail on Saturday evening (I'm concerned about the e-mail as it bounced back the first time, but seemed to have gone through the second), and he's gotten an acceptance message on his machine.  I need to have an actual conversation to be totally comfortable, so keep sending excellent vibes and xylophones, and hopefully he'll call soon and I can lock down dates and space.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2007, 10:13:26 AM »

Egregiously busy day, thus far.  I've been in since 7:30 a.m.  It's been non-stop up until now.

We've reached "critical mass" on some of our procedural evolutions, with far too many people involved in the "input" of ideas/recommendations.  Several of them don't have a clue what they're talking about and things have to be redone after they've messed things up.

It's end-of-fiscal-year madness, that's what it is.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2007, 10:14:39 AM »

It became very obvious at several points in Pharaohs, that Miss Collins was being dubbed by another actress.  It's her voice for ninety percent of the film, so it's really jarring when this other voice comes out of her - the accent is close and the timber is close, but Miss Collins' voice has a lot of rasp and gravel in it, and that's completely missing.

singdaw

« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2007, 10:14:48 AM »

Keith is very unhappy with his Sidekick.

...and that is NOT a reference to you OR Sherlock!  :)

BTW, DR Jane, DR FJL is traveling to Atlantic City, not Atlanta.  A much shorter trip!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2007, 10:17:08 AM »

The iPhone looks like a terrific gadget but I agree with BK on waiting out the first generation on products like this.  I would rather wait until the second or third version comes out, with the bugs resolved and with additional features.  

A disintegrator ray would be real cool!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Edisaurus

« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2007, 10:19:17 AM »

DR FJL-Have a fun time in Atlanta.

I WISH!!! :)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2007, 10:19:42 AM »

Aside from NO, NO, NANETTE and ALL ABOUT US, what other shows feature Atlantic City?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2007, 10:21:12 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***continued successful outcome vibes & xylophones***[/size][/color][/move]
for bk and The Brain

Jane

« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2007, 10:21:30 AM »

Singdaw-I knew that, don't know why I typed in Atlanta except that I want to go back to sleep for a few more hours.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2007, 10:21:49 AM »

Aside from NO, NO, NANETTE and ALL ABOUT US, what other shows feature Atlantic City?

I guess you could include Ragtime.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2007, 10:23:10 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2007, 10:24:20 AM »

Bruce, continued excellent vibes and xylophones!

singdaw

« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2007, 10:24:48 AM »

Steel Pier?

singdaw

« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2007, 10:27:51 AM »

I always get that one mixed up with Steal Pierre...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2007, 10:29:08 AM »

...and then there's PEEL STEER, about the leather industry.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2007, 10:32:56 AM »

High Button Shoes

Jane

« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2007, 10:33:33 AM »

...and that is NOT a reference to you OR Sherlock!  :)

He does occasionally threaten to replace me, never Sherlock, but I know he is only teasing.  ;D

When we were first married I worked while Keith went to college.  For years people, mostly co-workers, told me once Keith completed his masters degree he would divorce me.  A couple of months before he graduated he began counting down the days until he was leaving.  I thought he was hysterical and still think it was funny.  There were a few horrified expressions regarding his sense of humor.  Sometimes I wish those same people could see us nice.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2007, 10:36:03 AM »

DtM & Bruce, you are probably right about waiting before purchasing the new i-phone.  Keith got the sidekick when it first came out.  I wonder if the newer versions work better.  Most annoying is it doesn't hold a charge for very long.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2007, 10:52:16 AM »

Of course, I've admitted here on many occasions that MAME is a guilty pleasure. I know it's a dog, but I always enjoy watching it....
Hey!  Quit insulting dogs!   >:(

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2007, 10:52:46 AM »

The Firesign Theatre had a number based on LAND OF THE PHAROAHS.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2007, 11:00:29 AM »

Ragtime.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2007, 11:01:10 AM »

"The Land of the Pharaohs" has a great score by Dimitri Tiomkin, a fun performance by Jack Hawkins, a rare film appearance by Sydney Chaplin and the wonderful James Robertson Justice as the man who designs/builds the pharaoh's tomb along with Dewey Martin.

It's one helluva cornfest.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2007, 11:01:52 AM »

TOD:

Paint Your Wagon.

Edisaurus

« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2007, 11:01:58 AM »

It may have been a subconscious slip, since Baz Luhrman is reported to be preparing "Strictly Ballroom" for the stage.

Baz Luhrman directed MOULIN ROUGE and LA BOHEME, but I was linking him to the other show for some reason.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2007, 11:02:30 AM »

I did, finally, get a shipping notice from Amazon.com yesterday afternoon about my Cult Classics-Epics box having shipped.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2007, 11:04:23 AM »

Baz Luhrman directed MOULIN ROUGE and LA BOHEME, but I was linking him to the other show for some reason.

Baz Luhrmann directed the film "Strictly Ballroom", Amy.  It's one of his "red curtain" films along with "Romeo and Juliet" and "Moulin Rouge."

There is a DVD of his early 1990s Australian "La Boheme" production...very much similar to the one he did here in the U.S. a few years ago.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2007, 11:05:41 AM »

Last night, for Dining Out for Life, der Brucer and I went to a local restaurant called Cloud 9.

The food was excellent.  I had the tempura lobster tail for my appetizer, which was succulent and wonderful.  Der Brucer pigged out on a bowl of steamed clams with andouille, which he loved.  We both had baby back ribs for our entree, sweet and delish.  The only part of the dinner that wasn't great was dessert (strawberry creme brule for moi, tiramisu for der B), which rated just good, not on a par with the rest of the meal.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up