Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEET NOTHINGS  (Read 48671 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:SWEET NOTHINGS
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2007, 07:47:12 AM »

Sorry to read about GREY GARDENS. Now there's a show I wish they had filmed for PBS!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2007, 07:49:29 AM »

Page Four Ron and Scabbers Dance!!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2007, 07:49:46 AM »

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas had a couple of LOL sequences, like when they're in the Las Vegas lounge after dropping acid.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2007, 07:49:53 AM »

For anyone wondering what our E&T Bretty Spaghetti is up to, check out his performance with our dear friend Joan, on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33yi_2nn7M

It's a song by one of my favorite writers---kind of the Tom Lehrer of our time.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2007, 07:50:21 AM »

Well.. DR MBarnum will be here shortly, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2007, 07:55:17 AM »

Edi - I'm not sure what exactly we changed in the configuration of the living room,  but somehow nine people felt crowded the other day, while many more people on other days felt much less tight.  We'll have to try to figure that out before September.  :)   It may have had to do with the placement of some of the food and/or drink and the traffic flow in the room.

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2007, 07:56:51 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  We are finishing packing and will soon check our luggage here at the hotel and spend our last couple of hours here in Midtown.  It's been a great few days here.

DR Ginny, Burke Moses the El Gallo? Who's now playing the Boy's Father?  Why didn't you at intermission tell the mother her child deserved to be made into a rug?

Yes, DR Elmore, Burke Moses was El Gallo.  Hucklebee is now played by John Deyle.

Alas, DR JRand - no souvenir program books were produced.  I did pick up an extra Playbill, if you'd like that.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2007, 07:56:55 AM »

I'm heading down now to clean up a bit before going out on some errands.

WBBL.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2007, 08:00:54 AM »

Edi - I'm not sure what exactly we changed in the configuration of the living room,  but somehow nine people felt crowded the other day, while many more people on other days felt much less tight.  

I promise to go on a diet! :)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2007, 08:02:38 AM »

Thanks for the travel vibes!  Our DS Rob is also traveling today, from Michigan where he spent the weekend visiting his girlfriend's family and helping celebrate her parents' 25th wedding anniversary.

We're looking forward to being together at home tonight.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2007, 08:04:55 AM »

It's a sad day at HHW.

I just listened to Donald's last show! He says he will be traveling out of the country and doesn't know when he will return. Sad for us but good for him (traveling is always fun, unless you're on the lam and I don't think Donald is on the lam).

I hope when he returns he will do his show again.

Thanks, Donald, for the music and interviews and good listening. I'll miss it!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 08:05:16 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2007, 08:06:57 AM »

I'm also disappointed about Grey Gardens. Disappointed but not surprised. As much as I love the show I wondered how it would survive without one or both of the original women. I think it's a phenomenal show and I'm glad I got to see it twice (once at Playwrights Horizons and once at the Walter Kerr).

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2007, 08:10:44 AM »

Except for the credits, sung by Harry Nilsson (who also plays a prison guard!)

And the acid-induced "garbage can ballet"!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2007, 08:12:23 AM »

One for each of you?

If you think MBarnum would give up one of his kurtas, you don't know the full extent of his mania.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2007, 08:13:39 AM »

Hmm....

Waiting... waiting... waiting...

I'm guess DR MBarnum is down at Coney Island by now...

???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2007, 08:14:50 AM »

SAFE TRAVEL VIBES TO DR GINNY AND DH RICHARD!!!

-It was great getting to see you two again.  And now that we've crossed John's Pizza off your list, next time Levain!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2007, 08:15:43 AM »

-Although, Levain is just up on 74th Street... You could take the 1 or B or C up to 72nd and walk over.  Or it's not too bad a taxi cab ride up there from Times Square.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2007, 08:18:05 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***SAFE TRAVEL VIBES***[/size][/color][/move]
for DS Rob!

singdaw

« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2007, 08:20:07 AM »

Hmm...

I joined NYMF to be sure to get tickets for The Brain.  At my level of membership, I get 4 "guaranteed" tickets.  But now, looking at the proposed schedule, I see that the only performance I'll be free to attend is the closing night on Sunday, 9/30.  So there will be a few extras, if needed.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2007, 08:20:21 AM »

I'm also disappointed about Grey Gardens. Disappointed but not surprised. As much as I love the show I wondered how it would survive without one or both of the original women. I think it's a phenomenal show and I'm glad I got to see it twice (once at Playwrights Horizons and once at the Walter Kerr).

Well, I know their ticket sales weren't exactly booming before the Tonys, and their post-Tony bump wasn't as big as the producers were expecting.  It's just not a "typical" Broadway show.

As for Mary Louis Wilson leaving the show, I actually liked her stand-by.  Also, I think Edith (second act) is sort of an easier part to pull-off since less conjecture is built into it since it's based on the "portrayal" in the original documentary.  I'm not in any way belittling Ms. Wilson's Tony-winning performance, but I don't think her name was the drawing card for the show.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2007, 08:20:43 AM »

Sad news about Donald's radio show.  I've enjoyed listening to them.

I've been wondering if his show was going to be effected by the new royalty rates being imposed on internet radio.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2007, 08:21:15 AM »

Hmm... Still waiting... I guess Michael needed more time at the post office than he thought.  I hope.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2007, 08:23:13 AM »

Sheesh, I sound so DR Michael Shayne jaded in my post about Grey Gardens closing.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 08:23:40 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2007, 08:31:55 AM »

He's here!  He's here!

And now we're going to see if DR MBarnum can find a Bollywood store down on 125th Street.  ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2007, 08:34:37 AM »

Oh... But, first, he's arranging for the car service to the airport this afternoon.  -Good thing I asked.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2007, 08:34:57 AM »

LOL!  I wonder if that's actually ever been done--announcing a show is "closing" just to get an entrenched cast member to move on, then announcing an "extension".

Not that I think GG is an example of this.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2007, 08:36:08 AM »

He's here!  He's here!

And now we're going to see if DR MBarnum can find a Bollywood store down on 125th Street.  ;)

Laters...

Is Papa Yaking open on Mondays?
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2007, 08:48:54 AM »

Last night I went to see a show and fireworks for Canada Day.  When leaving the parking lot I saw the most bizarre thing.  I was waiting for the car ahead of me to drive forward (in one of two main driving lanes to exit).  And i noticed the car was parked (with nobody in it).

I just couldn't believe it.  There were so many cars waiting to exit (i was parked right near the exit). Yet some total nutcase decided to just park his car for the night in the middle of the main driving lane.  What kind of a person would do this. I wish they had towed his car!

FJL

« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2007, 08:57:04 AM »

Edi - LOL!

We're thinking that on April 1, the second "living room" computer wasn't where it is yet, and we may have used the area where that computer is now for drinks.  That may have helped the traffic flow.  It's a long long way until September, but we'll figure it out, I hope.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »

Last night I went to see a show and fireworks for Canada Day.  When leaving the parking lot I saw the most bizarre thing.  I was waiting for the car ahead of me to drive forward (in one of two main driving lanes to exit).  And i noticed the car was parked (with nobody in it).

I just couldn't believe it.  There were so many cars waiting to exit (i was parked right near the exit). Yet some total nutcase decided to just park his car for the night in the middle of the main driving lane.  What kind of a person would do this. I wish they had towed his car!

DR Jen, this reminds me of one of my pet peeves--numbnuts who feel it's okay to park in the level exits in parking garages, forcing you to drive a level or two up just to get out of the place.

And of course, the Philadelphia Parking Authority has a brilliant solution to deter these idiots--they boot the vehicles!  Hats off to you, Philadelphia Parking Authority (or whatever you are called.)
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23   Go Up