Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CEREAL KILLER  (Read 27344 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE CEREAL KILLER
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2007, 08:04:39 AM »

OH!

In the current issue of New York Magazine, there's an article about seven "hotel rooms under $200", and they are:

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson - 2 Exchange Pl.., Jersey City - 201-469-1234 - Yes, it's in Jersey, but it's just "a one-stop, four-minute PATH ride or short Water Taxi from Lower Manhattan".

Best Western Seaport Inn - 33 Peck Slip, nr. Front Street - 212-766-6600

Courtyard by Marriott Times Square South - 114 W. 40th St., nr. Sixth Ave. - 212-391-0088

On the Ave - 2178 Broadway, at 77th St. - 212-362-1100

Hampton Inn Time Square North - 851 Eighth Ave., at 51st St. - 212-581-4100

Hotel 17 - 225 E. 17th St., nr. Third Ave. - 212-475-2845

The Pod Hotel - E. 51st St., nr. Second Ave. - 212-355-0300

Of course, the rooms at these places are under $200 now, and they do mention that the rates are most likely higher during the fall and spring high seasons.  And although the direct numbers are listed, booking through the internet may result in a better rate.  -However, from my personal experience, I've found booking directly with the hotel can result in a lower rate, especially when it comes to their discounted rates for business travelers, union members, AARP members, etc.  A lot of those discount codes just don't come up automatically on the online reservation systems.  *And I know when I've stayed at the Edison, the reservation clerk would always ask me, "So, what business are you with?" so that I would get the lower business rate.

OH!  And here's a link to the article - with commentary and pictures - on the magazine's website.

A Ranking of Seven Hotels for Under $200 a Night. In New York.
Or so nearby it doesn’t matter.
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2007, 08:09:21 AM »

"A" for apple;
"J" for jacks;
Cinnamon Toasty
Apple Jacks!
:)

FJL

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2007, 08:11:48 AM »

I'm a fan of A.J. Hammer.  He has a nice personality.

FJL

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2007, 08:13:39 AM »

And he's on CNN, so he's respectable.

http://www.ajhammer.com/ShowbizTonight.htm

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2007, 08:16:17 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2007, 08:25:37 AM »

Good morning dear assembled crazies and lovelies......

Hi Pogue !

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. I went back to sleep, so I guess I am still recovering from the bookstore run on Friday/Saturday.

I had better get a cup of strong coffee and get moving. The minister is on vacation this week, so I need to unlock.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MusicGuy

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2007, 08:26:19 AM »

Good morning dear DR Jose....I hope you and your po-po had a good rest and are all refreshed and ready to take on the world! :)

MusicGuy

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2007, 08:27:04 AM »

Hi dear Laura....... Let me know if you want to see my "before" place.....maybe tomorrow??

MusicGuy

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2007, 08:28:11 AM »

Hi Ciwwa..... I just saw you popped in. That is twuwy a tweat to see you !

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2007, 08:29:30 AM »

OH!

In the current issue of New York Magazine, there's an article about seven "hotel rooms under $200", and they are:

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson - 2 Exchange Pl.., Jersey City - 201-469-1234 - Yes, it's in Jersey, but it's just "a one-stop, four-minute PATH ride or short Water Taxi from Lower Manhattan".

Best Western Seaport Inn - 33 Peck Slip, nr. Front Street - 212-766-6600

Courtyard by Marriott Times Square South - 114 W. 40th St., nr. Sixth Ave. - 212-391-0088

On the Ave - 2178 Broadway, at 77th St. - 212-362-1100

Hampton Inn Time Square North - 851 Eighth Ave., at 51st St. - 212-581-4100

Hotel 17 - 225 E. 17th St., nr. Third Ave. - 212-475-2845

The Pod Hotel - E. 51st St., nr. Second Ave. - 212-355-0300

Of course, the rooms at these places are under $200 now, and they do mention that the rates are most likely higher during the fall and spring high seasons.  And although the direct numbers are listed, booking through the internet may result in a better rate.  -However, from my personal experience, I've found booking directly with the hotel can result in a lower rate, especially when it comes to their discounted rates for business travelers, union members, AARP members, etc.  A lot of those discount codes just don't come up automatically on the online reservation systems.  *And I know when I've stayed at the Edison, the reservation clerk would always ask me, "So, what business are you with?" so that I would get the lower business rate.

OH!  And here's a link to the article - with commentary and pictures - on the magazine's website.

A Ranking of Seven Hotels for Under $200 a Night. In New York.
Or so nearby it doesn’t matter.

I've checked most of these, (I also get the magazine) and at least online, they are a lot higher for the week we need to be there.

MusicGuy

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2007, 08:29:59 AM »

Good morning dear DR Fred....... do you have an antidopte or serum that can cure the uncontrollable urge to speak in Fudd-ese at unexpected times??

I'm sure that poor Cilla is going to hate me soon..... but I can't help myself.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2007, 08:30:51 AM »

Hi dear Laura....... Let me know if you want to see my "before" place.....maybe tomorrow??

YES!

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2007, 08:31:10 AM »

Hi Music Guy, I was pricing freezers online instead of getting my behind to the office or watering the tomatoes...I'm outta here before I get distracted by sparkling conversation....

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2007, 08:31:29 AM »

MusicGuy, did it close?

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2007, 08:31:58 AM »

Good morning dear DR Fred....... do you have an antidopte or serum that can cure the uncontrollable urge to speak in Fudd-ese at unexpected times??

I'm sure that poor Cilla is going to hate me soon..... but I can't help myself.

Naw, it's ok.  I don't mind.

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2007, 08:33:07 AM »

Think I'll check some of those again. I'm thinking New Jersey makes the most sense that week.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2007, 08:35:22 AM »

Hmm... It's a gorgeous day here today in NYC... And even though tomorrow is supposed to be a little rainy, it's only supposed to be in the upper 60's.  And even the rest of the week is forecasted for the lower 80s.  My kind of summer!  :)

In any case... I may just head out in a bit and look at all the people in Central Park reading the latest Harry Potter book.
Make Your Own Luck.

MusicGuy

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2007, 08:36:47 AM »

MusicGuy, did it close?

Yep.... signed, sealed, delivered, closed, and recorded.  So it's a done deal and it's mine......and it's kind of an odd unsettled feeling that I have right now. :-\

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2007, 08:37:58 AM »

I remember the feeling we had when we bought our house. Did we make a mistake? We did not.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2007, 08:38:51 AM »

Give me a call this afternoon.

MusicGuy

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2007, 08:39:13 AM »

Hmm... It's a gorgeous day here today in NYC... And even though tomorrow is supposed to be a little rainy, it's only supposed to be in the upper 60's.  And even the rest of the week is forecasted for the lower 80s.  My kind of summer!  :)

In any case... I may just head out in a bit and look at all the people in Central Park reading the latest Harry Potter book.

Sounds like a really nice weather week for Manhattan.  By the way, isn't it a law that to read Harry potter in the park, you are required to take off your T-shirt and only wear cutoff Levi jeans?  At least for the guys?.....

MusicGuy

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2007, 08:40:23 AM »

Give me a call this afternoon.

I'll try to remember this evening....if I forget, please call me.  I'm going to see Hairspray with some friends around 3 or 4.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2007, 08:41:35 AM »

Sounds like a really nice weather week for Manhattan.  By the way, isn't it a law that to read Harry potter in the park, you are required to take off your T-shirt and only wear cutoff Levi jeans?  At least for the guys?.....

Well, that's only "highly suggested" when you're sitting on the Great Lawn or the Sheep Meadow.  However, when you choose to sit on the few benches around the Reservoir, or any of the rock formations around the Park, that rule is mandatory and strictly enforced.
Make Your Own Luck.

MusicGuy

« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2007, 08:41:52 AM »

Good morning Ben.... how is my favorite Super-Hero this morning??  It's just a shame that all of Manhattan doesn't realize that the only reason they all stay safe is because of the work that you do secretly as your alter-ego!  

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2007, 08:45:08 AM »

I think CBS probably hired Mandy Patinkin because he was very good on the show.

Ben

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2007, 08:46:28 AM »

Aww, MG, thanks! Yep, it wasn't Guiliani that cleaned up NYC, it was DangerMouse (with the help of Penfold). It's nice to be recognized.  ;)

Ben

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2007, 08:48:11 AM »

Julie, do you know Lennie Watts? My partner, Anthony, worked with him in 1999 at Theatre by the Sea in Matunick, RI. Lennie was Pseudelous and Anthony was Hysterium. It was a great show. You're right, Lennie is a wonderful singer and has a load of talent! He hosted the cabaret nights at TBTS and was a hoot.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2007, 09:05:24 AM »

I'm also going to see how much a new little deep freeze would cost me.  The one I have is probably 20 years old, at least. It's sounding terrible like it's gonna blow up or something. That's why I unplugged, threw out the stuff that had been in there forever and am roasting the turkey today.  Yikes, so much to do...why am I still typing?

When my parents got me mine several years ago as a birthday/ Christmas present they paid around 200 and it is a rather nice sized one. That also included delivery
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2007, 09:06:33 AM »

"A" for apple;
"J" for jacks;
Cinnamon Toasty
Apple Jacks!
:)

I almost bought a box when I walked to the store for bread for sandwiches and bananas for my lunch next week.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up