Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CEREAL KILLER  (Read 27577 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE CEREAL KILLER
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2007, 09:08:11 AM »

I did note that Kelloggs has Corn pops up here and they are similar to Sugar pops...

They are striving for healthier titles.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2007, 09:13:36 AM »

Oh... What bit of weirdness from yesterday's movie outing...

I did happen to notice that the theatres' computer systems are listing the current release of "Hairspray" as "Hairspray 2".  Could that be that the original movie of "Hairspray" is still somewhere in the system?
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2007, 09:13:38 AM »

I was also happy to see Strawberry Crispies again...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2007, 09:14:08 AM »

That is odd...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2007, 09:27:17 AM »

Good morning, HHW! And BK!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2007, 09:28:01 AM »

Ooops. It's now after noon on the East Coast. How did that happen???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2007, 09:29:40 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Guess I should start doing stuff.  I did clean up the book room before going to bed last night - you can actually walk in there now.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2007, 09:32:47 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I'm gonna get ready to head out.  To where is still to be decided, fated, determined, or all of the above.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2007, 09:38:27 AM »

Ooops. It's now after noon on the East Coast. How did that happen???

Been wond'rin' the same thing myself, DR Jeanne!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2007, 09:43:29 AM »

I must confess that despite the best of intentions, I never got further yesterday than THINKING about de-cluttering.  Maybe today's activities should include writing 100 times, I must turn thoughts to actions.  I must turn thoughts to actions.  (Two down, 98 more to go,)  

Do not underestimate the THINKING part! One technique I use is to break a project down into managable mini-projects, then decide which of these I want to tackle first, and visualize it getting done. I do this the day before or the night before. Nothing worse than putting some time aside, then saying, "Where the HELL do I start?" No. That does NOT help. Many of my projects are large and daunting. ANY large project is really just a series of smaller projects, some done concurrently, some not. So you have to break it down, anyway. When I was doing large software projects I'd find that many of the junior staffers--even the brightest of them--had trouble with large projects. I'd have to help them see it as a series of smaller projects, something doable. I find the same thing with renovation projects--many people are just overwhelmed.

One of the problems with decluttering or culling is that you have to do a lot of work without actually seeing any progress. Last week Marvelous Matt moved a bookcase from the second floor up to the third floor (my office) for me. I had to move all the books from another second floor bookcase up to the "new" bookcase in my office (yes, folks, I have LOTS of books). That's done now, the "new" bookcase is compleeetely full, but organized, and I know where things are. Finally! A mini-project where I can SEE the difference!

I have lots of these mini-projects left. Ugh! But little by little I'm getting there.

Julie

« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2007, 09:58:09 AM »

In a word: Yes.  It had me laughing and crying and was at least as effective as the other entries in the series.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much.  You are a very fast reader!  :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2007, 09:58:45 AM »

Oops. I guess I chased everyone away. Maybe they were inspired to declutter--or do something else to AVOID the decluttering. Or they're just bloody sick of hearing about it. I'm bloody sick of it myself.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2007, 09:59:24 AM »

Oh! DR JULIE is back. Hello, Julie!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:01:25 AM by Jeanne »

Julie

« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2007, 10:00:06 AM »

"A" for apple;
"J" for jacks;
Cinnamon Toasty
Apple Jacks!
:)

New Kellogg's apple jacks.
Apple good for breakfast or snacks.
Cinammon toasty, apple tasty.
A bowl a day keeps the doctor away.

Was it doctor? - Did they really make that claim?  :D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2007, 10:00:24 AM »

Thank you, JOSE, for the NY hotel list. I'm always looking for affordable NY hotels.

Julie

« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2007, 10:01:06 AM »

Hey, Jeanne!  Just us minding the store.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2007, 10:02:20 AM »

Julie, I envy you being able to go to so many great shows.

Julie

« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2007, 10:04:32 AM »

Yep.... signed, sealed, delivered, closed, and recorded.  So it's a done deal and it's mine......and it's kind of an odd unsettled feeling that I have right now. :-\

Congratulations!  And many years of happy enjoyment.  I'm sure it will feel like home to you very quickly.

Julie

« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2007, 10:06:44 AM »

Sounds like a really nice weather week for Manhattan.  By the way, isn't it a law that to read Harry potter in the park, you are required to take off your T-shirt and only wear cutoff Levi jeans?  At least for the guys?.....

According to a new NYC regulation, booty shorts are now officially the law.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2007, 10:07:35 AM »

Must go get a few things done.

TTFN.

Julie

« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2007, 10:09:58 AM »

Julie, do you know Lennie Watts? My partner, Anthony, worked with him in 1999 at Theatre by the Sea in Matunick, RI. Lennie was Pseudelous and Anthony was Hysterium. It was a great show. You're right, Lennie is a wonderful singer and has a load of talent! He hosted the cabaret nights at TBTS and was a hoot.

Yes - Lennie is a friend and a very sweet guy.  And he was my director for a showcase I was in.   I studied cabaret performance with him for a while; --  a very talented guy.  He is the booking manager at The Metropoolitan Room, a great cabaret venue that opened in NY a little over a year ago.

Julie

« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2007, 10:20:06 AM »

Julie, I envy you being able to go to so many great shows.

Theater is my true love - what I really like to do.  I'm very lucky to live in Manhattan and to be able to go so often.  I also have a lot of friends who are theater people, too, so it's like our own little community - people to see shows with, to exchange our own informal reviews with, to hear the latest rumors and gossip, etc.    And my favorite theater time of year is coming up - NYMF.  I've seen almost all of the NYMF shows in the festival's first three years, and it just gets better and better each year.

Julie

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2007, 10:21:07 AM »

Great advice for handling large projects, Jeanne.  Thanks!

Julie

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2007, 10:22:26 AM »

OK - off to other things.  See you later.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2007, 11:40:59 AM »

I am also toddling off to do some things also... Chatter later...

I also envy those of you who can see great theatre, etc. That is my goal for the future!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2007, 11:55:09 AM »

And this just made me smile:

Playgoers, Beware the ‘Ishtar’ Invasion

That made me think of the guy who played "Man in Chair" when I went to see DROWSY in March... Jonathan Crombie. DH and I thought he was great! Later, I read that he is working on a documentary with ISHTAR as the subject matter. It sounds like it will be pretty funny!

http://waitingforishtar.wordpress.com/
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2007, 11:55:45 AM »

Re:  thinking.  Did anyone else see the wire report this morning about the French President telling his countrymen to stop thinking so much (no joke).  There are so many potential punchlines there it's hard to know where to start.

Thanks to everyone who visited my first review on DVDTalk.  I was number 2 with a bullet (admittedly a Nerf bullet, but that's another story) for the past 2 days (they let the reviewers see their "stats" as to how many people are reading their reviews).  I should get my first official screeners next week and then will have my work cut out for me.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2007, 11:59:46 AM »

I shall shortly be on my way to Newport Beach, after which, much later, I shall return.  Keep the home fries burning.

Edisaurus

« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2007, 12:07:27 PM »

DH and I went to a party last night givem by one of my clients, a young producer at TNT. (We're working on some of the SAVING GRACE stuff together.) Because they don't have a huge income (his wife working in theatre)  they are really into games---board games, acting out games and stuff like playstation.

I had never tried playstation stuff...I always though it was just games where you try to kill each other, but they had one set up in one room that was a karaoke game. You would design your character and choose your performance venue, and then sing along with the track. You would be judged on how closely you matched the pitch, and if you did well, it generated response from the audience. If you completed your song and did well, you ended up with a gold or platinum record. If you scored enouhg points, you ended up with a new outfit for future performaces. You could choose duets, some of which were in harmony, and there were varying degrees of difficulty in the choice of songs and the level at which you were judged. And the whole time, your charachter is dancing to the music.

Little arrows would tell you if you were off-pitch and needed to go sharp or flat.

DH was in aother room, playing something called "Guitar Hero" or something like that. You held a plastic guitar with 6 colors keys and watched a vdieo screen where the notes zoomed towards you, like on a fretboard, and you had to match your finger action to the  illuminated dots on the fret board. There were a lot of other nuances to it, like points at which you could "rock out" and hit notes while using a whammy bar or raising the nexk of the guitar for extra points. It's kind of hard to describe, but he really had fun playing it! (Kind of like Dance Dance Revolution but with a guitar.)

I said "What'll they think of next? A whole band playing? Or doing the karaoke AND playing guitar?" Apparently, both scenarios are in the works!

One of the things that made us both feel old was that we barely knew even half the songs offered...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2007, 12:08:09 PM »

JMK, could you post the link to the review site? I missed it the first time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up