Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: TALES OF THE CITY  (Read 45881 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:TALES OF THE CITY
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2007, 11:13:08 PM »

I need to pull myself together and be ready for 'showtime" by 730 am my time and it is already after 1...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2007, 11:13:35 PM »

Page 2 dance...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2007, 11:29:06 PM »

~~~Super Vibes of Comfort for Dakota!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2007, 11:46:23 PM »

Well, I went to my friend Margo's house last night and we just sat under the trees in her front yard and chatted for a couple of hours.  The weather and conversation were quite nice.  She gave me a bouquet of flowers to take to work as a thank you to people who've shown her support. :)

Before I got to her house though, I stopped at a gas station a couple of blocks away and got us some diet Pepsi and I spilled one of the two 32-ounce cups of diet Pepsi in my car! :o Some spilled on the passenger seat and a little more spilled on the driver's seat but most of it spilled onto the back passenger floor.  AARRGGHH!!!!  At least it was diet Pepsi and not regular with high fructose corn syrup (or sugar...if they even use that any more).  I had a bunch of napkins in my glove compartment, so that helped to soak up some of the spilled liquid.  And I had an old jacket in my trunk that I was able to put on my seat so that my butt wouldn't get wet. ::) I'll have to drive with my heaters on for awhile while it all dries up.  Or I could just keep my windows open during the day...that should do it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:47:28 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2007, 11:48:55 PM »

George, I hate when that happens...

Ironically, I can't drink diet pepsi -- allergic to nutrasweet.

I send vibes to Margo!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2007, 11:51:34 PM »

It is sad what happened to Margo, I hope something good comes of this.

George

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2007, 11:53:17 PM »

George, I hate when that happens...

Ironically, I can't drink diet pepsi -- allergic to nutrasweet.

I send vibes to Margo!

This is probably only the third time that's it's ever happened to me, but fortunately, only the second time in this car.  The first time was only a few months after I bought it. ::)

I have a friend who also is allergic to nutrasweet.  I don't like the taste of regular cola at all anymore.  If I were allergic, I'd very easily be able to give it all up instead of trying to adjust to the "real" stuff. :P

And thanks for the vibes for Margo!

George

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2007, 11:54:48 PM »

It is sad what happened to Margo, I hope something good comes of this.

I do too!  She has a great emotional support system and some friends who are giving her great advice...and her lawyer seems to have a lot of experience in these kinds of cases.  The two of them are going to get together to decide if it's really worth pursuing.  
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:55:17 PM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »

My reactions to nutrasweet include blackouts and thunderclap headaches.

I have also had similar reactions plus dizziness to the chemicals they have used to clean the carpets at work this summer.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2007, 12:01:37 AM »

I send good thoughts to her, I truly do....

George

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2007, 12:03:42 AM »

I send good thoughts to her, I truly do....

:-*

George

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2007, 12:05:21 AM »

Well, it's officially Monday on the West Coast!  So...

A Very Happy Birthday to DR TD!! ;D

And a Very Happy Birthday to DR Brian!!

George

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2007, 12:05:42 AM »

And now I must go to sleep.  Have a good night, Dakota!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »

TOD:

FAvorite sidedishes included various vegetables, scalloped potatoes, mac and cheese, Rice pilaf and spaetzle

Tomovoz

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2007, 01:43:20 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR DALE

This lorikeet is enjoying a side dish of grey sunflower seeds.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2007, 01:44:53 AM »

The photograph was taken this afternoon. The Rainbow lorikeets are visitors to the garden a few times a year.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Julie

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2007, 02:11:39 AM »

It is now 5am in NY.  I awoke unplanned at 3:20, and have been unable to fall back asleep.  I watched a few minutes of a random movie, an infomercial for a clothes steamer, and a report about our crumbling infrastructure.  And still couldn't get back to sleep - imagine that!

Julie

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2007, 02:12:54 AM »

So I figured I'd get out of bed and check email.  Then figured I'd check in here and see what everyone's been up to.

Julie

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2007, 02:19:35 AM »

I should add that being in Iowa from now until the caucuses, you can't really help being political. I love to get involved in a campaign every cycle.  It's great fun to do it. The candidates come here every month or two and sometimes you really get to know them.  So, if I talk about it, I'm really not trying to start a political discussion. I do know there are others here who don't share my political slant....but it's what there is to do in Iowa for the next 5 1/2 months with a caucus night climax.  So, I may be telling you from time to time about what I'm doing....just so you know

It's always fascinating to me how that works.  Being from NYC, you pretty much never get to meet a single candidate.  Well, unless you pay $1000+ to attend a gala fundraising dinner with 500 other people, at which time the candidate will rush in, talk for 15 minutes, and if you're lucky, you get to quickly shake hands.

Please do continue to share your experiences, Cilla.  I love hearing about it.  And it does amaze me how in other parts of the country, people actually do get to gather for lengthy periods of time in very small groups with each of the candidates.

Julie

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2007, 02:26:59 AM »

MusicGuy - I remember seeing A  NEW LEAF at Radio City too.  

I did, too.   Hmmmm.

I remember my parents taking me to Radio City for a movie several times.  And the big attraction, of course, aside from being in the huge stunning theater, was the live floor show.  I loved seeing the rockettes.  So we would always see them twice.  Once before the movie from up front in the orchestra.  Then again after the movie, from upstairs in the first mezzanine.  And there was never any problem sitting wherever you wanted to sit.  No different price to sit in one section over the other.  You could sit as close-up to the rocketts as you wanted.  Those seats now sell for over $200.   More for some shows.   And you don't even get a movie.   Imagine that.

Julie

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2007, 02:27:55 AM »

Happy Birthday to TD!!

Julie

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2007, 02:31:11 AM »

Vibes of strength and peace to DakotaCelt.
I'm sorry you're family is going through this very hard time.

Julie

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2007, 02:34:21 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR DALE

This lorikeet is enjoying a side dish of grey sunflower seeds.

What a beautiful visitor to have right in your own garden!

Julie

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2007, 02:40:13 AM »

Hmmm.  Of course, I was talking about the lorikeet, and not Mr. Dale, although I'm sure Mr. Dale would look great in any garden, as well.  Happy Birthday, Mr. Dale.

Julie

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2007, 02:41:08 AM »

Well, DRs, I've caught up on the posts, and bored you with too many of my own, so my work here is done.  I shall now try to get back to sleep for a couple more hours so I will be awake enough to tend to the day's activities before heading over to Fred and Skip's for sup tonight.  

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2007, 03:07:46 AM »

TOD

Horn & Hardart Baked Beans
Lawry's Creamed Spinach
Harvard Beets

der Brucer

And how many DR's have dined chowed down at an automat?
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2007, 04:10:40 AM »

And the word of the day is:  PHILOMATH!

PHIL O'MATH is a much happier fellow, now that he's learned how to Google.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2007, 04:12:21 AM »

TOD

Horn & Hardart Baked Beans
Lawry's Creamed Spinach
Harvard Beets

der Brucer

And how many DR's have dined chowed down at an automat?
I have never chowed on down at an automat.  I don't think I'd enjoy the taste of those little fluffy feathers.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2007, 04:22:30 AM »

Happy Birthday, TD
Happy Birthday, TD
You look really smashing
That's a good thing to be.

;D

Michael

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2007, 04:26:20 AM »

for td:
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up