Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: TALES OF THE CITY  (Read 45882 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
TALES OF THE CITY
« on: August 05, 2007, 09:41:17 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were sky high, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're reading Tails Of The Cow Pasture right now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:20:55 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TALES OF THE CITY
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 09:43:08 PM »

And the word of the day is:  PHILOMATH!

Cillaliz

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 09:46:52 PM »

Oh man! I just wrote a really long post about my days events and when I posted it was locked....maybe I'll do a revised edition

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 09:48:04 PM »

Do a revised edition - sorry about that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 09:48:34 PM »

I Like the word of the day.... I now know that I am a philomath..if I tell my mother that she'd probably ask if I needed treatment for it

FJL

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 09:49:15 PM »

Oops,. forgot to read the new notes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 09:51:10 PM »

It's ok.  I started the day at a scrumptious brunch, both meat and vegetarian dishes, mimosas, coffee and great company. After the planned parenthood pitch, I headed out the door and went to meet Bill Richardson. There were about 20 of us there at the invitation only event.  He talked to us for about 1 1/4 hours.  He is intelligent, funny and delightful. He's more than qualified for the job.  He was great at the big event too. I think he's my candidate for the caucuses.  Tomorrow I meet Obama, so we'll see. Not trying to get political here, it's just what I did today
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 09:55:50 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 09:54:24 PM »

Then I stopped by the birthday party for Nadia's father.   It was at a really nice park that I had never been to before. Not sure why, great trails, a huge pond, shelters etc.   So, many members of her family were there. They were mostly introduced as her cousin, uncle, aunt's sister etc...so I know very few names. I did meet her father and brothers.   She made great food.  A spiced beef - not machaca, I can't remember what she called it.  Great beans and rice and of course tortillas. The drinks were either beer or shots of tequilla. I opted for beer.  

The music was great salsa music.  It was fun. I didn't stay long, but I'm really glad I made an appearance and met her family. They all seem like really good people

FJL

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 09:54:55 PM »

Those were long notes.

Perhaps a long note rag in honor of the long notes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 09:59:45 PM »

I should add that being in Iowa from now until the caucuses, you can't really help being political. I love to get involved in a campaign every cycle.  It's great fun to do it. The candidates come here every month or two and sometimes you really get to know them.  So, if I talk about it, I'm really not trying to start a political discussion. I do know there are others here who don't share my political slant....but it's what there is to do in Iowa for the next 5 1/2 months with a caucus night climax.  So, I may be telling you from time to time about what I'm doing....just so you know

Cillaliz

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 10:00:47 PM »

FJL, how was Skip's play tonight? Good house again?

Cillaliz

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 10:02:31 PM »

BK - Glad to hear your room is cooling off.

Cillaliz

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 10:03:43 PM »

Better get some sleep.  Back to work tomorrow...night

FJL

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 10:08:09 PM »

Cilla -  I didn't go to see Skip's show at 59E59 today, but our friends Mary Jay and Michelle were there.  Mary Jay reported back that It was a full house, no available seats, but unlike Sat. night, no extra chairs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 10:08:11 PM »

It's time for this weary traveler to hit the road to dreamland - I've left the windows open a little bit to keep the flow of air.

FJL

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 10:08:53 PM »

P.S.  Thanks for asking, Cilla.

FJL

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 10:11:14 PM »

Due to the repertory between Series A and Series B (Skip's one-act musical is on Series A),  Skip doesn't play the show again until the weekend.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 10:26:37 PM »

Hi dear Fred..... I'm glad things are going well with Skip's play.  And I'll be thinking of all of you tomorrow evening, as you sup and laugh and drink and dish!  

MusicGuy

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 10:27:31 PM »

Hi dear DR Jason..... I hope you have a great week coming up.... I'll be thinking of you, and I send you a big hug!

MusicGuy

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 10:28:31 PM »

And now, it is "pillow time" and it will feel very good!

Night night lovelies.

FJL

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 10:29:51 PM »

MusicGuy - I remember seeing A  NEW LEAF at Radio City too.  

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 10:43:22 PM »

TOD: I love the green beans at Genghis Cohen.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 10:52:52 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR TD and I hope you have a wonderful day full of surprises and freinds!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 10:56:34 PM »

A most happy birthday to DR TD!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 10:58:47 PM »

I should be in bed since I have to be at work in a few hours but my mind is saying it is not bed time yet. I really hate it when my body has to adhere to many different schedules.

Bit of a rough weekend up at my parents. My dad is starting to bloat and get more yellow. He is starting to deny he is dying and is claiming he is suffering from a summer cold. He is coughing from fluid in his lungs. It is really getting hard to watch him deteriorate. It saddens me but I know I need to pull myself together to go to the dragons cave at work and put on the "happy dappy at owrk act".  

I am not sure if it the stress of watching my father struggle this past weekend or the fact I have to face work tomorrow but I feel very stressed out. Maybe it is harvest and this is my dad's favorite time of year and it is causing memories of things he loved to do during harvest and is unable to do it. Right now I cannot even watch combining and normally I love to watch it, especially at sunset when the dust would give teh low horizon a reddish glow. A rather amazing sight to say the least.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2007, 11:03:33 PM »

He is horrendously bloated. I am trying to keep the images of him healthy in my mind. I know he is dying but I also do not want to have the memories of him horribly bloated to taint the good memories. Am I being selfish?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 11:06:52 PM »

Mbarnum, I have noted you have a sizeable card collection. Do you collect just birthday cards or do you have other cards also?

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 11:08:37 PM »

(((((DakotaCelt)))))

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 11:08:54 PM »

Happy Birthday, Dear TD!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 11:11:54 PM »

(((((DakotaCelt)))))

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Thanks Laura....

I held myself together all weekend and when I started to relax tonight, I just broke down. Now I am working on pulling myself back together. Easier said than done.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up