Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WILTED  (Read 64787 times)

Cillaliz

Re:WILTED
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 04:03:09 AM »

Well, They woke me up about an hour ago.  I shut them out of the bedroom, then it got hot in the bedroom, so I opened the door.  They proceeded to go downstairs and make as much noise as they could - literally moving a chair across the wood floor.  So, I gave in and got up.  NOW they are quiet.  CATS!

Cillaliz

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 04:03:58 AM »

At least I did get some sleep and I"m up early enough to get ready and have time for coffee.  So i think I'll do that

Ben

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 04:13:16 AM »

What a downpour!!!

When I got to work I was soaked and I only walk a half a block from the apartment to the office.

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 04:21:18 AM »

Good morning Ben!

Ben

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 04:42:23 AM »

Unfortnuately the rain will not cool things off. It's supposed to be worse today than yesterday, 95 degrees and equal humidity. Yesterday turned out to be not as bad, even though it was hot, it didn't reach the heights predicted.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 04:43:13 AM »

As predicted, the rainstorm lasted less than ninety minutes and seems to be done.  I hope so, anyway.  I laid back down for a while but didn't really sleep.

Ben

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2007, 04:50:54 AM »

Last night after dinner (Shepherds Pie and a tasty green salad) we walked over to

71 Irving Place

a pleasant tea and coffee bar for dessert. I had Chauncey's Magic Bar which is a blondie with lots of extra stuff like chunks of chocolate, mini marshmallows, pecans and caramel and plain iced tea. Anthony had an Oreo Cheesecake Bar which sounds better than it tasted. The cheesecake wasn't very good and the whole thing was kind of bland. His lemonade was very good though.

We then walked over to Barnes and Noble and browsed around and found out that the original version of Rebecca (one of Anthony's favorite movies) is currently out of print. There are VHS versions available on line but the DVD with all sorts of extras is not on the market right now. His library on Long Island has it on DVD which is how he saw all the extras and he wanted a copy for his own. Oh, well.

Ben

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2007, 04:51:44 AM »

I missed Cilla. Hi, even though you're gone. I got distracted and didn't see the greeting.

Ben

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2007, 04:52:15 AM »

Good Morning Larry, Tom and Bruce.

Ben

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2007, 04:52:28 AM »

And now I must go for real.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 05:04:07 AM »

Good morning, Ben, Lar, Noel, and Dakota.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2007, 05:05:03 AM »

People are here, but people aren't posting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2007, 05:07:42 AM »

I do hope it doesn't rain anymore until after I'm back in LA.  I'll probably bring the umbrella just in case.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2007, 05:08:10 AM »

Only 9,993 posts to my next large plateau.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2007, 05:15:00 AM »

Good morning, bk, good casting vibes.
“One thing’s universal,

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2007, 05:16:59 AM »

71 Irving Place a pleasant tea and coffee bar

I know it well, and glad you guys made it part of your anniversarial experience - congratulations, btw.

I like good coffee - sweets not so much - and am constantly on the prowl for independently owned and run coffee bars like 71 Irving Place.  And I love Irving Place, the street - a delightful bit of American and literary history; love to walk its length, go around Grammercy Park and back whenever I'm at the Lee Strasburg school.  What I'm not fond of are national chains that all look the same and serve coffee that doesn't taste good.  My producer likes to meet at one on Times Square.  Which one of Times Square's six, you ask?  The one nobody knows about, across from the Lyceum.  Ick.

So much depends upon casting.  (Looked like I was going to launch into a William Carlos Williams poem there for a moment.)  There's pressure to go after stars, because when certain people see that a star is in a show, they assume the show must be good.  Those Unseemly Trivia Answers give the lie to that.  Stars can take their sweet time answering you, or be plucked away by a TV or movie project.  Your postcards should list your cast, so there's pressure to complete your cast before printing those.  NYMF pressures you, because they want to hold a press conference in which they can mention - you guessed it - stars.  My entire score is currently in keys I can sing.  I figure once the show is cast, I'll change everything into keys that are good for them.  And with so many duets, trios and quartets, it's hard to accommodate everyone.  Especially the everyone you haven't met.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2007, 05:17:17 AM »

Good morning, all!  DR Ben, that out-of-print Criteron edition is going on eBay and Amazon.com for over $115.00! I'll keep an eye out for it.  You might check at Academy and see if they have a copy for sale.  I'll also look around for a used copy.

I too will be at audiitons all day today, and I am looking forward to it.  I hope the room is warmer.

Yesterday, after a lovely meeting with Eric Davis, Miles Kreuger's assistant, and a tech meeting with BK and his mighty team, I came home to  find two neat emails: inquiry about restoring an early Rodgers & Hart show and a request for a meetng about a British big-band musical, which sounds like fun.  I have my fingers crossed that both come through in the next few months.

I also got an email from our E&T DR Cason, who arrives tonight, and I wil see his show this Saturday.  I have to get tickets for Skip's one-act musical, and I want to see David Gebel's show next week with our mutual friends, DR Ben and Baxter.  It's a busy time!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Wishes for Our DR Der Brucer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2007, 05:25:20 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]HAPPY BIRTHDAY,[/size][/move]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]DR DERBRUCER![/size][/move]
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2007, 05:26:37 AM »

Names always help shows, but I won't do it just to do it.  My casting guy has asked me about several big names, and I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole or a five foot Czech because they would not serve the show well.  It took me a few days to wrap my mind around the actress we've been waiting on, but I finally did because I realized she'd serve the show well as an actress and singer - the name is a bonus.  Obviously I felt no compunction to replace Cason or Alet with names, and believe me, for those two parts I could probably have gotten anyone I wanted, especially given the number of people I've worked with.  Same with Benjamin Clark - but I'm loyal to those who deliver and there wasn't a question about them coming with the show.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2007, 05:27:19 AM »

I wonder if the rain cooled things down a little?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2007, 05:41:14 AM »

In honor of bk's show (THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X), Fred's show (THE LAST STARFIGHTER), and Noel's show (SUCH GOOD FRIENDS); I have decided to take the day off from work.

Actually one thing has nothing to do with the other; but, at least, I got a plug in for all three shows in NYMF.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:41:50 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2007, 05:42:04 AM »

Hello. I must be going.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2007, 05:45:34 AM »

I missed Cilla. Hi, even though you're gone. I got distracted and didn't see the greeting.

I didn't stick around. I got dressed and left for work....stopping on the way to pick up some water for Nadia and I and a couple bottles of Gatorade to keep in the office fridge in case my headache comes back

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2007, 05:49:32 AM »

I couldn't believe the weather when I walked outside.  It wasn't even 7:00 AM and it was like a sauna outside, and today is supposed to be the "best weather" we have for the next week.  YIKES!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2007, 05:50:12 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR DERBRUCER  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2007, 05:50:47 AM »

Bk - The printing task is done.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2007, 05:50:50 AM »

Congrats to BK on 30,000 (count 'em, 30,000) posts!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2007, 05:52:08 AM »

I forgot birthday wishes

Happy Day to the one and only DerBrucer!

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2007, 05:53:25 AM »

In honor of bk's show (THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X), Fred's show (THE LAST STARFIGHTER), and Noel's show (SUCH GOOD FRIENDS); I have decided to take the day off from work.

Actually one thing has nothing to do with the other; but, at least, I got a plug in for all three shows in NYMF.

Right you are, TCB!  Merely mention
www.NYMF.org is the place to go for tickets to

The Last Starfighter
at Theater at St. Clements:

Fri 9/28 - 8 pm
Sat 9/29  - 1 pm
Wed 10/3 -  9 pm
Fri 10/5  - 1 pm
Sat 10/6 - 9 pm
Sun 10/7 - 4 pm

The Brain from Planet X
at The Acorn:

Sep 20th- 8:00 pm
Sep 21st- 8:00 pm
Sep 25th- 1:00 pm
Sep 26th- 4:30 pm
Sep 28th- 4:30 pm
Sep 30th- 8:00 pm

Such Good Friends
at The Julia Miles:

Friday, September 28, 2007 @ 8pm
Saturday, September 29, 2007 @ 1pm
Sunday, September 30, 2007 @ 4:30pm
Wednesday, October 3, 2007 @ 4:30pm
Wednesday, October 3, 2007 @ 8pm
Saturday, October 6, 2007 @ 1pm

and you, too, can enjoy a day off from work.  Have a good one!
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Ben

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2007, 05:54:55 AM »

Yes, we are seeing PB&J next Wednesday. I walked over the the Fringe office on Carmine and Varick. They are in what was a small, independent supermarket. It was hopping with people. I got our tickets for PB&J and now await the performance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up