Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIND BOGGLES  (Read 97741 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE MIND BOGGLES
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2007, 09:41:18 AM »

TOD:

CD:  "The Wind and the Lion" soundtrack -- Jerry Goldsmith

DVD: "Brideshead Revisited" -- 3rd episode

Book:  "Happy Potter and the Sorceror's Stone" (am finally starting in on the series).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2007, 09:43:47 AM »

Page 5 on S. Woody's Birthday!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2007, 09:52:59 AM »

So what do you guys think about what happened on BIG BROTHER last night?

I"m sort of disgusted. i do like jessica and eric. And this will probably keep him in the game longer.  But gosh i dislike daniele and dick.

I'm also sort of annoyed how much the producers are interfering. Eric/jessica had decided to keep dustin. but then eric went into the DR and when he came out he practically forced jess to vote out her friend.  They really wanted to keep dick!(the producers).

I really can't get behind him after watching his sexual threats to dustin (and before to jen). It's appalling that the producers are editing him like a hero and that america loves him. If they only knew...

Jennifer

« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2007, 09:55:04 AM »

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEED SPOILERS

Oh and to add to why i dislike daniele, she is deciding to backdoor jen (who she made a promise to to have her back).

And dick and daniele say they are not liars?  I hope they keep their word to eric and jessica. Although apparently last night daniele said that if Zach won HOH she would try to have him evict eric. Way to keep your word!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2007, 09:57:22 AM »

Goodnight DRs Jason and George.

Good night. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2007, 09:58:16 AM »

And a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR S. WOODY WHITE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2007, 09:59:31 AM »

Happy Birthday to Dear S. Woody White!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2007, 10:00:18 AM »

VOTE for AMANDA!!!

Amanda is way ahead of the pack!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2007, 10:01:26 AM »

It was a weird morning here at the library and now lunchtime is over.  Back out there for another several hours of weirdness.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »

Perfect Crime ranks as one of the top five worst things ever and the fact that it's been running for over 24 years is AMAZING!!!

And I think it's also amazing that I've never even heard of it!

I mean, every time I go to London, I hear about THE MOUSETRAP.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2007, 10:02:37 AM »

DR François:  THANK YOU for that wonderful CB clip!  I had not seen that...    John Schneider sounds good!

The good ol' boy, John Schnieder? He's from Atlanta!

Edisaurus

« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2007, 10:04:16 AM »

I could probably get RuPaul to admit he's a father.

RuPaul! I used to go see him in the clubs. A nice Atlanta boy....er....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2007, 10:05:12 AM »

Every time I hear the name "John Schneider" I immediately think of "Tennessee loblolly pine".

Can anyone guess why?

George

« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2007, 10:05:26 AM »

Young Frankenstein clips are already spouting on YouTube!

Interesting.  I also wonder how many audio recordings have been/will be made?? ::)

;)

Adriana Patti

« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2007, 10:06:50 AM »

From Adrianna Patti last night:

Not to say anything about your show in particular, but what you say is true...Look at
"The Perfect Crime" across the street from TKTS...It was HORRRIBLE, yet sells out everyday to the tourists and has been running for years.

Adrianna, you saw that piece of s**t play??? I'm so sorry for you. As I've said before, Perfect Crime has to be one of the absolute worst things I have ever seen in my entire life. I began seeing theatre as a young un' (around 11 or 12 years old) and I'm now 54 and I think Perfect Crime ranks as one of the top five worst things ever and the fact that it's been running for over 24 years is AMAZING!!!

Oh, and one more thing, the show is now at 50th Street and Broadway in the "new" Snapple Theatre Center. The building which housed the theatre on Broadway between 46th and 47th Streets is being dismantled and yet another multi-story office building will line the streets of midtown Manhattan. That building also housed the old HoJo's and the remnants of the old entrance to the Globe Theatre which is now called the Lunt-Fontanne. The name was changed and the entrance moved to 46th Street in 1958 and the theatre re-opened with Lunt and Fontanne doing Friedrich Dürrenmatt's The Visit.

And that, good audience, is your theatre history lesson for today.

WOW!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2007, 10:07:42 AM »

It was a weird morning here at the library and now lunchtime is over.  Back out there for another several hours of weirdness.

Weird morning in the library?

Were there wackos in the stackos?

Did the Dewey Decimal System attempt to eradicate all mentions of Truman?

Was there hanky panky in the restricted access room?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Edisaurus

« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »

(or he or DR Jason can take a camera to Amy's).

Nooooo! My house is a disaster area!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2007, 10:09:02 AM »

Interesting.  I also wonder how many audio recordings have been/will be made?? ::)

;)

Keep your eyes open....I'm sure quite a few digital recorders were secreted in jacket/shirt pockets on opening night (and beyond).

I'm still trying to find someone with a copy of one of the pre-Broadway San Francisco performances of "Wicked".
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:09:36 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Adriana Patti

« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2007, 10:09:29 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOODY!

SPEAKING OF HAIRCUTS - I'm reminded of Jack Valenti, the President of the Motion Picture Association of America, who recently passed away. His barber cut his hair with a cigarette lighter. No kidding! He would singe Jack's hair short by passing the lit lighter over the ends of the hair. Rather than making the hair dry and coarse, this method actually made the hair soft--or so said Jack who had been going to the same barber for over 30 years.

When shooting Willy Wonka in Germany, the german maids would do this to the little girl's hair, and as you watch the scenes you can see it change lengths. Varuka (Julie Dawn Cole)  talks about it on the commentary.
-Thomas Edison

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2007, 10:13:08 AM »

So what do you guys think about what happened on BIG BROTHER last night?

I"m sort of disgusted. i do like jessica and eric. And this will probably keep him in the game longer.  But gosh i dislike daniele and dick.

I'm also sort of annoyed how much the producers are interfering. Eric/jessica had decided to keep dustin. but then eric went into the DR and when he came out he practically forced jess to vote out her friend.  They really wanted to keep dick!(the producers).

I really can't get behind him after watching his sexual threats to dustin (and before to jen). It's appalling that the producers are editing him like a hero and that america loves him. If they only knew...

I think Eric and Jessica just handed the final two over to Dick and Daniele.

As for Eric, he HAD to do what he did.  His missions, as America's Player, were (1) to get Dustin nominated and (2) to get Dustin evicted.  

It's a shame they had to lie about Dustin in order to pull it off.  I hope Eric and Jessica and Zach get what's coming to them very soon.

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2007, 10:15:38 AM »

Was there hanky panky in the restricted access room?

Edisaurus

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2007, 10:16:51 AM »

Since I was E&T yesterday, I would like to wish a belated Happy Birthday to DR Vixmom!

I will have a little birthday offering for you when I (hopefully) see you in NY!

Edisaurus

« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2007, 10:17:35 AM »

From yesterday---Der B mentioned sylabub..my mom makes this at Christmas. I can't remember what all is in it but it is mighty tasty.

Edisaurus

« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2007, 10:18:10 AM »

And a very Happy Birthday today to SWW! I'm looking forward to seeing you and Der B in NY!

Edisaurus

« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2007, 10:18:27 AM »

Congrats to Cason and his big extension!

Edisaurus

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2007, 10:19:10 AM »

DR jasob, I'm sorry you won't be doing the DROWSY tour. It would have been nice to show you around Atlanta!

Edisaurus

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2007, 10:19:59 AM »

I am appalled to know about this whole cat thyroid thing. If cats are affected by dust, mine are goners!

Edisaurus

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2007, 10:20:40 AM »

Shoulder and sleeping on the correct side vibes to TCB!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2007, 10:21:17 AM »

I suspect The Jason and Cason Show would be quite a hit...but what happens when one of the cast members decides the name should change to The Cason and Jason show???

Mikey, I walked past another place for you to visit: Papayadog.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2007, 10:21:31 AM »

I am so sorry to have missed the chat the other night. I didn't read far enough into the posts to know that was going on. I hope you will do it again!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up