Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: I, TUNES  (Read 96324 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:I, TUNES
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »

Ben, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2007, 07:46:22 AM »

Good day to one and all!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2007, 07:46:34 AM »

Page 5 dance!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2007, 07:46:51 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm supposed to meet DR Jason at Noon in SoHo for lunch... Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2007, 07:48:26 AM »

***BREAK-A-LEG & FINAL PERFORMANCE VIBES***
to DR Cason!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2007, 07:49:20 AM »

Continuing with Swigdaw and Tom's Georgia Theme:

Sweet Georgia Brown

George of the Jungle!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2007, 07:52:30 AM »

DR Edi has joined us. Good morning Georgia.
Was it a Rainy Night In Georgia?

Hi, Tom! I was catching up from last night and didn't get to today's posts until I was at work, waiting for footage to roll in.

I have a version of "Perfidia" that I'm sure you probably don't have. It's in storage now, but when we're moved in, I'll send it to you, just so your collection will be complete-r.

And no rainy nights here, unfortunately, nor days. We are in the middle of a severe drought---all our hydrangeas are barely alive and huge trees are falling at an alarming rate in our neighborhood. (One as I just happened to be driving past it!)

And temps still in the high '90's-low 100's. Great time to ne packing in a house with no central A/C!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2007, 07:52:50 AM »

DR DakotaCelt - start-of-the-school-year vibes to you!  Even though I've been away from the academic world for 10 years now, I still miss the opening of the new year.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2007, 07:53:07 AM »

Oh, dear...

I am interested in genealogy, but my poor brain can't handle it...

These kinds of things make it glaze over!

It is an addiction....

Edisaurus

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2007, 07:53:40 AM »

Georgia on my mind brought us to page two.

Tom, are you working on a compilation of Georgia songs? Just wondering...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2007, 07:53:50 AM »

Well, I had sort of planned to get up early today so that I could head down to Chelsea to get my hair cut, but... After getting out of bed at 9:00, I started to do the math in my head, and it really would have been cutting it close to try to make it to and from Chelsea, and then back down to SoHo by Noon.  So, I allowed myself to laze in bed for a bit this morning.  Ahh... I think I may just head over to the barber after Bukowsical this afternoon.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2007, 07:54:41 AM »

Georgia!

A wedding? Oh, I love weddings!

Edisaurus

« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2007, 07:57:02 AM »

Yesterday I discovered that my Family Tree is on the NET. (My maternal grandmother's family).

More importantly - I am now listed on said tree (despite my twig being removed and grafted elsewhere when I was 10 days old).

Well it's significant to me!

That's very cool, Tom and great that you are a part of the tree! As you should be!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2007, 07:58:22 AM »

DR DakotaCelt - start-of-the-school-year vibes to you!  Even though I've been away from the academic world for 10 years now, I still miss the opening of the new year.

And when I see all the Back-To-School ads in the newspaper at the end of July and the first weeks of August, I just secretly smile to myself and thank the lord that I don't have to think about that any longer.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2007, 07:59:10 AM »

DR Vixmom, I am tempted to do serious damage to my credit card with the site you clewed us in on last week!   :(

What site was that?

Wait! Wait!  Don't tell me!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2007, 07:59:47 AM »

I have family tree question....

my mom has a cousin (their moms were sisters)

that cousin has a daughter, that daughter has a daughter..

what is the relationship between me and my mom;s 1st cousin, between me and her daughter, between me and her grandaughter?

And what are the relationships between my daughter and those peopel?

I have heard 1st cousin once removed, 2nd cousin.. etc anyone have any ideas?

and congratualtions on grafting yourself back on the tree Tomovoz!

Vixmom's Mum                                  Her sister
Vixmom               1st generation        Sisters Daughter
Vixter                  2nd generation        Sister's daughter Daughter

You would be a neice to Your mother's sister, and her daughter would be your first cousin

Vixter would be a second cousin to the granddaughter.

Since you have differing generations... You would be a first cousin once removed to the baby. You are a first cousin to the mother of the baby. The baby is a new generation thus making it once removed from you.

Vixter would be a grand neice to your mum's sister.

I hope this makes sense...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2007, 08:00:59 AM »

Thank you Ginny!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2007, 08:01:50 AM »

Oh, dear...

I am interested in genealogy, but my poor brain can't handle it...

These kinds of things make it glaze over!

My DH loves to do geneology work but I glaze over, too. Fortunately, my mom loves it, so she has done her side for us. Yay, Mom!

Oh, and I don't think I ever mentioned it, but we had a great time at the Clay Aiken concert that she forced me to attend invited me to. It was only about 1/4th full, but he put on a great show despite 90+ degree weather!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2007, 08:02:06 AM »

I hope someone manages to contact DtM today.
 Nearly two years have passed and the dolphins are still in therapy.

Is "therapy" a euphemism....for shock?

;)

(P.S.  "Little Miss Sunshine" -- cute movie, but wildly overrated in the U.S, particularly Alan Arkin's contributions).

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 08:02:27 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2007, 08:02:52 AM »

I have found bits and pieces of my ancestry on line but not much. DBF has a lot more on line on his paternal lines and almost nothing on his maternal lines.

Edisaurus

« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2007, 08:04:22 AM »

According to the register on top it's just Larry, David and me.

Larry David is there with you? I hope you can CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2007, 08:06:08 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Hmm... Thinnest had to be at birth.  I was always a "husky child".  In high school, I had a bigger issue with the waist size of my uniform pants than I did with my actual weight.   -And that's still basically the issue I have now.  Losing weight means I can buy and wear smaller jeans.  ;)

As for the figures, hmm... I remember crossing the 200 mark sometime in high school - maybe even junior year.  In college, I remember stepping on the scale and being around 235, which would have been my heaviest, but I would usually hover around 220-225.

In the fall of 2002, I made a concerted effort to lose some weight, and I got down to 210 - which is basically where I hover now.  Strangely enough, I'm basically down to a 36-37 inch waist - which was the waist size I was my junior year in high school.  At my heaviest - and roundest - I had a 42-inch waist.

*Of course, I wear a size 36 in jeans.  For slacks and dress slacks, I wear a 38 usually depending on the cut.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2007, 08:08:17 AM »

If what she said on the red carpet at the Oscars can be believed, Meryl Streep and I wear the same size.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2007, 08:08:43 AM »

Off to NYPL. I'm not sure the Special Collections are open today, but I can work on the second floor in Music Reference today.

DR Ginny, thanks for the Ten Chimneys materials.  Veddy interesting. Tell Harriet I send my best wishes and affection!  I hope you and your mom have fun at the movies.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2007, 08:10:10 AM »

OH!

And I have mentioned this before, but...

There is this choreographer I work with from time to time who swears there's no way I weigh over 200.  And he really means it.  And this from someone who makes a living looking a people's bodies and checks to see if what is listed on their resume matches what he see in person.  -And has no problem telling someone that need to lose five pounds.  He tells me I can't be more than 180, 185.  So, that assessment always keeps me happy.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2007, 08:10:21 AM »

If what she said on the red carpet at the Oscars can be believed, Meryl Streep and I wear the same size.

Yes, DR Ginny, and I'm the correct weight for a person who's 9'4" tall!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2007, 08:10:31 AM »

DR Ginny, thanks for the Ten Chimneys materials.  Veddy interesting. Tell Harriet I send my best wishes and affection!  I hope you and your mom have fun at the movies.  

You're welcome, DR Elmore, and thank you, thank you.

singdaw

« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2007, 08:10:38 AM »

I hope you and your mom have fun at the movies.  

They can't stop the beat!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2007, 08:10:44 AM »

I have family tree question....

my mom has a cousin (their moms were sisters)

This is your mom's first cousin.  This is your first cousin, once removed.

that cousin has a daughter, that daughter has a daughter.

This is (1) your second cousin; and (2) your third cousin.

what is the relationship between me and my mom;s 1st cousin, between me and her daughter, between me and her grandaughter?

Answered above.

And what are the relationships between my daughter and those peopel?

2nd, 3rd and 4th cousins.

Now, that's the best I understand this process.  But to chart/map it for yourself, you may find this url helpful:  

http://www.islandregister.com/cousin.html

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 08:21:25 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2007, 08:11:08 AM »

OK - I should get ready to head down to SoHo to meet DR Jason.  -Although, I'm guessing I should probably call DR Jason before I step out of the apartment in a bit.  ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up