Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: I, TUNES  (Read 96408 times)

singdaw

Re:I, TUNES
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2007, 05:56:10 AM »

[size=9]PAGE 4!![/size]

singdaw

« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2007, 05:57:36 AM »

singdaw

« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2007, 05:59:19 AM »

[network still down...]

Ben

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2007, 06:00:37 AM »

Wow, we climbed up to Page 4 quickly.

Ben

« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2007, 06:01:02 AM »

Our network is up and I should be doing other things but, obviously, I'm not.

Ben

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2007, 06:01:24 AM »

According to the register on top it's just Larry, David and me.

Ben

« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2007, 06:01:53 AM »

And I'm about to leave.

singdaw

« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2007, 06:02:03 AM »

OK...

Is the pink beret character supposed to be gay?

Is Disney getting that progressive?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2007, 06:04:39 AM »

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity.

-Wilfred Owen

Had he seen this show, he'd have changed his tune.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2007, 06:04:46 AM »

Whoops.  Looks like our network just came up.

I will now leave HHW in peace and tranquility...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2007, 06:06:57 AM »

OK...

Is the pink beret character supposed to be gay?

Is Disney getting that progressive?

The villainous brother is a princess in training, but in HSM1, there was no reference to his being gay, just queeny, as I recall.  He almost makes Sanjaya look like a man.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

td

• td
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2007, 06:32:07 AM »

About to head home, eh?    ;)

Yes, I left you a little something on the nightstand.  Don't spend it all in the powder room.   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2007, 07:11:43 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Today's my day off and I'm taking my mother to a 1pm showing of the Hairspray movie.  

DH Richard will probably be involved with his mother today, too.  He took her to the ER about 10pm last night and she was admitted to the hospital with gastro-intestinal difficulties.  This is a fairly frequent occurrance, but not to be minimized at her age (90).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2007, 07:14:12 AM »

Good morning!

It's going to be 96 today. No rain or let-up in temperature and humidity in the forecast.

I hate summer.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2007, 07:16:15 AM »

The villainous brother is a princess in training, but in HSM1, there was no reference to his being gay, just queeny, as I recall.  He almost makes Sanjaya look like a man.

DR Elmore is right. No reference to it, but I found it very obvious. All of his outfits came with matching touring caps.

I still haven't gotten to the sequel, but I suspect a (female) girl friend will have been found for him.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2007, 07:17:16 AM »

I watched two more UGLY BETTY episodes this morning, so I have two left, and then three featurettes, an outtakes reel, and a blooper reel. I should be finished with it by late afternoon.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2007, 07:20:08 AM »

It's going to be 96 today. No rain or let-up in temperature and humidity in the forecast.

It's now 65, going up to a predicted high of 66, with rain.

For years and years, my weight stayed between 150-155.  I've been five pounds less, and, this year, five pounds higher.  Might find time to hit the gym today.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2007, 07:20:30 AM »

I really loved THE WAY WE WERE, but I had a few problems with it. The editing in the second half that deleted a lot of Hollywood blacklist sequences lessed the film for me.

Redford is a dreamboat in the film, but I found his 40s hairstyle anachronistic, especialy for someone in the service.

I remember the VARIETY review for the film said, "Streisand sings the (weak) title song." How wrongheaded can a reviewer be?

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2007, 07:26:25 AM »

My weight has had big fluctuations down through the eyars. When I graduated from college, I weighed 145. By the time I turned 40, I had risen to 180 which is the weight I would love to be if I could melt off the excess pounds I carry now (195).

The heaviest I ever got was 229 which happened during my first year of retirement where in celebration I ate whatever I wanted, did no exercise, and just blew up like a balloon. When I realized that at that weight I totally lacked stamina to do shows and move, I dropped 41 pounds during that next year. In the years that have followed, I continue to exercise five times a week, but the weight continues to creep back up or slowly go down depending on my appetite.

But at a few years from 60, I've decided I'm not going to obssess about it any more. I'll do what I can to exercise and not eat stupidly, but I refuse to starve myself to be as thin as I was when I was younger. In how ever many years I have left, I'm not going to be miserable.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2007, 07:26:59 AM »

Good morning!

I hate summer.

Here is an excerpt from today's paper, The Arizona Republic:

"The Valley record for the number of days in a year to reach at least 110 degrees is 28. We are now at 26 and counting.

The chances are very good that we could break the record soon because the National Weather Service is forecasting above-average temperatures through the week."
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2007, 07:28:21 AM »

A new THE CLOSER tonight! Can't wait!

I will have finished with UGLY BETTY and will have started on DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES Season 3, but will not be in a rush to get through that box so swiftly.

singdaw

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2007, 07:30:04 AM »

DR Ginny, ***HEALTH VIBES*** for your dear MIL.

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2007, 07:31:47 AM »

Tonight I also planed to record the Rosalind Russel 1942 movie version of MY SISTER EILEEN which I've never seen. I've seen the Betty Garrett musical, of course, and I watched Russell in the TV version of WONDERFUL TOWN at the Museum of TV and Radio, but I've never seen this original film, so I'll record it and watch tomorrow. (Can't miss THE CLOSER!)

singdaw

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2007, 07:32:22 AM »

TOD:

Thinnest without trying: high school years

Still thin, but with a little more effort: college years

THEN I really started to pack on the pounds.  Now out of college a little over 20 years, I hit my heaviest about 3 years ago.  I had to go on statins for high cholesterol, and my blood pressure was borderline.  And yet, even then, it wasn’t until I feared that my excess weight might be affecting my singing voice that I became motivated.  Although, looking at some opera singers, I’m not sure that there’s any correlation.  But anyway…

With concerted effort, plus the help of a nutrionist, I’ve lost about 75 pounds.  Though heaven knows, I still have a ways to go, I feel great, and I’m off all the medications.  And I do know that, much as I hate to exercise, I can see that I won’t have the quality of life that I want without investing some serious time doing it from here on in.

Besides, I enjoy eating too much not to do something that allows me a little “wiggle” room!  ;)

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2007, 07:38:43 AM »

DR Ginny, ***HEALTH VIBES*** for your dear MIL.

Thank you, DR Singdaw!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2007, 07:42:53 AM »

DR Elmore is right. No reference to it, but I found it very obvious. All of his outfits came with matching touring caps.

I still haven't gotten to the sequel, but I suspect a (female) girl friend will have been found for him.

Well, I hope she changes tires, moves furniture, and drives a cycle; they'll need someone butch in that relationship.

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2007, 07:44:22 AM »

TOD - I'm heavier now than I've ever been before, but between a full time job that includes a 50-mile round trip commute there's no time for a comprehensive fitness program.

Several years ago, I took one of those health/longevity assessments that factored in things like heredity, diet, lifestyle, etc. and it concluded that, if I changed a few habits and lost more than a few pounds, I'd live seven months longer.  At that point, I said, "Forget it - I'd rather enjoy the ice cream now!"

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2007, 07:44:38 AM »

A new THE CLOSER tonight! Can't wait!

I will have finished with UGLY BETTY and will have started on DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES Season 3, but will not be in a rush to get through that box so swiftly.

I have to tape THE CLOSER tonight. Since I have to be awake at 4 am, I hope to be unconscious by 9 pm.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2007, 07:45:10 AM »

Just a quick hello before I scamper off to work. NDSU starts classes today and the library is open until 10pm and then next week I am back to my normal hours.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2007, 07:45:39 AM »

Casting and xylophone vibes to bk!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Up