Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THAI GEFILTE FISH  (Read 114583 times)

Ginny

Re:THAI GEFILTE FISH
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »

Do any of our New Yorkers know where the mid-town Apple store is?  My mouse has a low battery.  My Mouse Has A Low Battery - that's the title of my next novel.

BK - 5th Ave. & 59th St. - look for the glass cube.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

François

« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2007, 11:25:57 AM »

Protocologist - that's going to be my profession in my next life.  It seems like it should be quit lucrative.  

Not my point of... view at all! ;)

They say that most clients are real arseh*les!! :o ;)

singdaw

« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2007, 11:26:27 AM »

How can I see these fine friends from HHW?

Well, since DR td has already once publically posted the link to his page, I don't imagine he'll mind if I re-post:  here.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2007, 11:29:56 AM »

Thank you Singdaw.  I was sure I had seen it at some point & couldn't find it again.

François

« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2007, 11:29:59 AM »

My sympathies to all DRs who have to be at work today.   :(

Thank you!

But it's better than being unemployed! :)

François

« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2007, 11:36:39 AM »

I think that would be a blast!

Oooohhh!, NO!

("You And Me!".... ) ;)

François

« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2007, 11:41:14 AM »

And who are your...

Oh, never mind.      :-X

;)

Red, Timothy, Sam..... etc.... ;)

François

« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2007, 11:48:42 AM »

Will we never get to page seven?

Everybody Wants To Go (Page) To  Seven
But Nobody Wants To Die! ??? ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 11:59:12 AM by François »

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2007, 11:48:55 AM »

Full moon comin' Monday, but I didn't even have to look it up to know - things are weird here at the library (and on the phone) today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2007, 11:57:47 AM »

Guess I don't have to go to the Apple Store - this thing just takes two AA's, so I'll pick them up this afternoon.  Meanwhile, I'm going to pack up Ye Olde Computer and mosey on up Tenth Avenue to my new digs - Cason and BJ are helping with the short move.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »

Any other DRs feeling a little overwhelmed?  There's too much out there; you just have to resign yourself to the idea that you can't do it all.  Too many places to visit, foods to try, books to read, movies & television shows to watch, shows to see, CDs to listen to, people to get to know.  Amongst other things.

In a way, this site is nice because I get to experience a little bit of some of the things I'm missing, and I can follow up on others that I think might be worthwhile.

So, thanks to everyone for everything they bring to the table here - including themselves!

Overwhelmed? Oh, yes. Often. And for a long time now. I've found that I prefer to miss many TV shows when they first air, then selectively watch them on DVD--far more convenient. I'm not "in the know" from the start, but it just works out better for me. I'm often looking for things to eliminate, to not bother with, because there simply isn't time. And, frankly, so much of the mainstream culture consists of stuff that never did interest me.

The recommendations for CDs and films and such that I see here on HHW I take seriously because they're simply of a higher caliber than most recommendations, in my view, and there are some things that I DON'T want to miss.

Now, if we just had a 48-hour day...

Ginny

« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2007, 12:32:16 PM »

Guess I don't have to go to the Apple Store - this thing just takes two AA's, so I'll pick them up this afternoon....

BK - sometime while you're in New York for this extended stay, though, you should experience that 5th Ave. Apple Store....speaking of overwhelming!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:39:25 PM by Ginny »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »

When I do get everything done it will be so much nicer.  Instead of this old computer cart, I will have a nice desk that I can sit at and be comfortable.  

I've hated how I have to hunch over the keyboard to type.  I bought a special keyboard platform like I have at work that I can pull out and adjust to whatever height I need it be.  

I'll be in high cotton when it's all done.  :)

Welcome back and great news about the new desk! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2007, 12:50:06 PM »

TOD

RENT - One man's opinion (and I saw the entire original cast).

PERFECT CRIME - I can't believe that Catherine Russell is still in that show.  Can't she get another job?  Is she a silent partner?

JEKYLL & HYDE - I really wanted to like this show, since so many of my friends loved it.  But "Murder, Murder"  sealed the deal.

I am sure I can think of more.

From an 2001 Playbill article which I think answers your question

A Perfect Crime's star and general manager Catherine Russell, who has spent half of her life since 21 in the show. Crime's mainstay from the April 18, 1987 opening onward, Russell has missed only four performances in 15 years

PS She also tears the tickets.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2007, 12:52:10 PM »

My other TOP friend:

Looks more like a BOTTOM ;D
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2007, 12:53:03 PM »

Dakota, thanks for the Michael T. Weiss clip.   :D  I liked his beard.

I didn't know he had a "girlfriend" ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:56:26 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2007, 01:02:39 PM »

Nice to see you again Danise!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2007, 01:03:03 PM »

From an 2001 Playbill article which I think answers your question

A Perfect Crime's star and general manager Catherine Russell, who has spent half of her life since 21 in the show. Crime's mainstay from the April 18, 1987 opening onward, Russell has missed only four performances in 15 years

PS She also tears the tickets.

She was sitting in the box office at the Snapple Center, chatting up her show, when DH Richard and I went there to purchase tickets for The Fantasticks.  The ladies in front of us, who had just purchased seats for that night's Perfect Crime, were quite thrilled to have met the "star."

Jane

« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2007, 01:10:05 PM »

I just added MAD MEN to my NetFlix queue.  The release date is unknown.  I noticed BURN NOTICE has the same release date.  It also has a smidgen more star rating than MAD MEN.  A smidgen less than 4 1/2 stars isn't bad.

George

« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2007, 01:10:07 PM »

The River was worse, I felt, than my previous least favorite, The 1940s Radio Hour.  Today, I’d probably find merit in it.  But in those days, I was appalled by the idea that people thought they could build a musical out of pre-existing hit songs from an earlier decade.  All narrative theatre is about story-telling.  When you exclude songwriters from the process, your story-telling is bound to suffer.  Looking at other DRs worst-ever choices, I see many where the songwriters were uninvolved or six feet under.

It was obviously way ahead of it's time. ;)

I was in a local prodction about 15 years ago and another local theater group is going to do it this December.  I have a season ticket, so I'll definitely see it.  But I've auditioned for the group, so it's possible (highly improbable, though) that I may actually be in it...but I'm not holding my breath. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2007, 01:12:26 PM »

Dakota, thanks for the Michael T. Weiss clip.   :D  I liked his beard.
YW!!

I liked him as Mike Horton on classic Days.. He shaved his beard a few months after that and there actual pics of him clean shaven.

I also enjoyed him on The Pretender
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2007, 01:13:41 PM »

Full moon comin' Monday, but I didn't even have to look it up to know - things are weird here at the library (and on the phone) today.

Sunday night should be entertaining at work to say the least...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2007, 01:16:18 PM »

I didn't know he had a "girlfriend" ;D

On TV he did.... His character was even married to a Jewish gal...  ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 01:17:38 PM by DakotaCelt »

Jane

« Reply #203 on: August 25, 2007, 01:19:03 PM »

The dog is beautiful, but the more I see the photo of that guy the less I like him.  Sorry.  I tried not to comment but he just keeps popping back up. ;D

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »

speaking of cds to listen to, the 20th Anniversary Edition of Jennifer Warnes' Famous Blue Raincoat - the songs of Leonard Cohen was released this week and is as stunning as ever.

Featuring Van Dyke Parks!

God...can it really be 20 years???
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2007, 01:20:52 PM »

And here I am, posting from the new digs, which are, in a word, FABOO!  A studio that feels like a studio - everything new and shiny with a GREAT river view from the 32nd floor.  The guy who's subletting is a terrific guy, a producer.  I'm near the jogging path at the West Side Highway, so I may partake of that tomorrow morning.  There's a real bed and a nice, big bathroom, a small but clean and nice kitchen, closet space, a big desk for my computer, a plasma TV and at least I shall be very comfortable for the next five weeks.  24 hour doorman, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2007, 01:21:46 PM »

WHAT a difference from the last place!  The last place was, of course, much cheaper, but what a dump it was - ugly, uncomfortable and smelly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2007, 01:21:57 PM »

I shall now unpack.

George

« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2007, 01:22:10 PM »

Yes, I believe he was in that production.  Strangely, he doesn't mention that production anywhere in his bio.

I couldn't find it anywhere in his bio, either.  I guess it was not special enough to include it. ::)

;)

Jane

« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2007, 01:25:54 PM »

Bruce, I'm relieved and happy for you that your nicest sub-lease is the one you will have the longest stay in.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Up