Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: EARMARKING RESTAURANTS  (Read 48764 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
EARMARKING RESTAURANTS
« on: August 27, 2007, 09:01:32 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were earmarked and also mouthmarked, and now it is time for you to post until the earmarked cows come home.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:27:16 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:EARMARKING RESTAURANTS
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 09:03:02 PM »

And the word of the day is: BEDSWERVER!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 09:05:37 PM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

Jason

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 09:09:29 PM »

He's off the shit-list...he just went to bed.

And Patti LuPone is on WILL & GRACE. Strangely enough, she was on FRASIER just last night. It's been a good week for Patti's residuals!

DR Arnold Brockman: Sales are fair. Our house percentage went down by 2% this past week, but we're still playing in the 82% range. Merch sales have gone up since I came on board and have pretty much stayed constant since I've been there. There were a few very rough weeks in April and May, but my sales are pretty consistent from week to week. I think I'm averaging a couple of thousand more per week than they were making a year ago.

And now Patti's singing "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina." LOVE HER.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 09:12:46 PM »

I shall now abed.  Post away, my pretties.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 09:14:10 PM »

And the word of the day is: BEDSWERVER!

And The Song of The Day is- ALWAYS TRUE TO YOU( IN MY FASHION)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 09:19:40 PM by ArnoldMBrockman »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 09:17:25 PM »

I have been a number of different places... I remembered I had a few pics on an old website. I took these pics 11 years ago

One of my favorite places at night is Seattle...

Another seattle site and the picture just sort of happened..

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 09:18:09 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 09:20:08 PM »

This was just after a nor'easter when I visited Boston

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 09:22:47 PM »

Open country and golden wheat.... You can see for miles

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 09:24:08 PM »

One of my favorite sunset pictures taken near Prescott, AZ

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 09:27:31 PM »

Mako Sica  "Lands Bad"

The Badlands of North Dakota... They are a sight to behold at sunset...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 09:59:20 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 09:30:31 PM »

by permission from my freind Maureen...

Cliffs of MOher, Co. Mayo Ireland

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 09:30:51 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 09:33:35 PM »

... and one of my favorite pictures from her many jaunts to the Emerald Isle...

Near Sam's Cross, Clonakilty, County Cork, Ireland

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 09:57:26 PM by DakotaCelt »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 09:49:08 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - The Geocities sites you're linking from have exceeded their "transfer rate" for the month.  No pics are showing up on my end.  And when I tried to cut and paste the links, I got the "Site Unavailable" error.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »

Just caught up.  So strange to have the notes on NYC time.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 09:55:26 PM »

I will try and download them when I get home and reupload them

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 09:58:54 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

This is an easy one for me...

*It's just too bad they didn't allow us to bring our own cameras with us on the Bridge Climb.  Watching the sun literally sink into the horizon was awesome.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 10:00:04 PM »

I apologize... Not it wont even allow me to upload... I will try and see if I can get htem into photobucket.. I do humbly apoloigize

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 10:01:44 PM »

And each time I go to to the Top of the Rock, I'm still amazed at the views of New York City from up there - during the day and at night.

Otherwise, I remember some spectacular vistas from my one and only bus-and-truck tour.  Driving through the Badlands...  The country-side in Wyoming...  The mountains of New Mexico - especially the view into the valley from Alto, NM.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 10:18:47 PM »

OK... Time for sleep.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 10:41:30 PM »

Sincve there's a lull, here's a plug for Milla's appearance at Barnes & Noble on Wed. Sept. 5 (write-up is from broadwayworld.com) to promote her Kritzerland CD:

Barnes & Noble's Any Wednesday celebrates the best in jazz, cabaret and theater performers by inviting Milla Ilieva, releasing of her debut CD "Taking A Chance On Love" on Bruce Kimmel's Kritzerland label at the Lincoln Triangle Barnes and Noble at 66th and Broadway in New York City on Wednesday, September 5.

Milla will perform songs chosen from the following well-known and lesser known Broadway and film songs:  "What A Night This Is Going To Be/Night Of My Nights," "A Cockeyed Optimist," "When Does The Ravishing Begin," "Where's That Rainbow," "I Found Him/I Could Have Danced All Night," "Do What You Do/Do It Again," "Tess's Torch Song," "Time Heals Everything," "Sara Lee," "Everybody's Girl," "The Only Game In Town," "I'd Rather Wake Up By Myself," "Taking A Chance On Love," and "Half A Moment."

Her performance, with Paul Trueblood at the piano, begins at 6PM and is followed by a signing/meet-and-greet session.  The event is free and open to all.  For questions, comments or if you require further information, please call 212-595-9340. For more information visit www.do-re-milla.com.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 11:12:44 PM »

Merde!

I was watching a program on PBS tonight about "Anti-Americans."  It seems the French have begun openly/actively "hating" America and Americans to the point where school children believe 60% of American children are incapable of correctly learning their ABC's.

A roundtable discussion (it wasn't clear just "who" these Frenchmen represented -- the cultural ministry, for example, or the automobile industry?)  centered on the participants' absolute disdain for the Americanism "airbag" becoming commonplace in French culture...in advertising, etc.  One suggested a law should be passed forbidding its usage.  Another suggested a vociferous advertising campaign "ridiculing" the term (because, he said, the bag fills up with "gas", not "air") and importuning the French public to embrace their "own" term for the airbag:

Are you ready for this term?

Are you sure?

Here it is (and don't say you weren't warned):

coussin gonflable!

That's right.  You are reading it correctly.

By no means should anyone refer to an airbag as an airbag...it must be referred to as a coussin gonflable.

Of course, the entire show was not about the French.  It centered on the French mission of bringing to the world -- but most importantly Europe -- fine wine, fine cheese, fine food, and a hatred of Americans.  This mission as several French participants confirmed, was to ensure that Americans are viewed with absolute disdain throughout Europe.

Particular attention is being paid to Poland where Americans are near-mythic heroes to the populace.  As one Pole put it (succinctly, I might add), "Of course America is our hero.  If something bad happens, the French won't come.  We know this because they've got that tradition.  The English?  They care only for themselves.  The Americans respond every time.  We love the Americans."

(I suggest that everyone consider vacations in Poland).

And whenever, wherever you see a sign, en français, that has the term coussin gonflable, point to it and shout "AIRBAG", and then laugh your ass off!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 11:17:36 PM »

I blame George "Shrub" Bush.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 01:49:30 AM »

I don't know that the French were so fond of Americans, even before the Shrub plagued our land.  :)

A pox on everyone, I say!    :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 01:58:23 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 01:51:08 AM »

DR JoseSPiano, I posted a picture of that Grease ad here last week!  Pretty gutsy of the producers, I thought.

singdaw

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 01:53:30 AM »

***RECOVERY VIBES*** to DC Yogi and DR Tomovoz's friend.

Great health news for DR TCB.  Perhaps the hunky surgeon can give you a consolation consultation!

DD Sherlock, it is always a pleasure seeing you!

Most lovely photos, DRs DakotaCelt and DearReaderLaura and JoseSPiano!  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 01:54:09 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 01:57:41 AM »

My personal Fall allergy season has started...had to get up in the middle of the night to take a pill.  Itchy puffed eyes, congestion, scratchy throat.  Fortunately, the cheapo "Claritin substitute" that I take makes things somewhat bearable.  

singdaw

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 03:08:35 AM »

Tomovoz

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 04:37:03 AM »

Good morning and good night North America.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 04:37:27 AM »

Morning Tom.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up