Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: A PUDDLE OF SWEAT  (Read 24397 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A PUDDLE OF SWEAT
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2007, 09:24:20 AM »

I shall now be on my way to a street fair, then a bit to eat, then the Apple Store, and then home for the evening.

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2007, 09:38:29 AM »

But once I knew what happened it was much easier to have my cry and accept it all and now I feel better.

DR MBarnum - thank you for updating us and for this eloquent statement.  It's helping me understand the sense of dread I'm feeling right now about 2 of the 3 elders in my life, especially my mother-in-law.  Uncertainty is very unnerving.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2007, 09:56:59 AM »

Hello!

Glad to see DR MICHAEL S back with us!!

Glad that DR MBARNUM's grief is lessening.

Sorry to hear about DR CILLALIZ's friend. Coping vibes to CILLALIZ.

Calming vibes to DR GINNY.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2007, 10:02:07 AM »

Regarding coping with losses, I have known families who will not divulge any information after a death, ostensibly for privacy reasons. I am myself a very private person, but this makes no sense to me. It is not just the family that suffers after a loss--friends, acquaintances, and co-workers do as well. As Mike just said, it often helps to know a few of the details.  

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2007, 10:05:01 AM »

It helps greatly to know the details. In George's case he got up like any other morning, took a shower, got ready for work, then sat on his bed, laid down and was gone. It was likely very quick and his dog scruffy was with him. And it was wonderful to be able to talk with his mom about it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2007, 10:05:33 AM »

A question for BK regarding the prop situation:

It is not your perogative as to which props are used? I understand that there is a limitation on the cost of the production. Is that the problem here?

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2007, 10:13:22 AM »

OH, another DVD release I will most certainly be looking forward to! The Mod Squad: The First Season, Volume One for release on 12/18

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »

Throat-healing vibes to BK!!

pronto!

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2007, 10:17:05 AM »

Thanks all for the vibes.  Bob was a friend, but not a close friend so it's a shock, but not of the same magnitude as DR MBarnum is going through.  Continued VIBES to DR MBARNUM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »

I'm actually feeling a bit guilty.  Bob (this isn't the same Bob that worked with me in the FPD) and I have worked on cases together and have talked many times in the work context, but we didn't socialize out of the work setting.  The guilty part is that he did a lot of criminal defense and many high profile cases, one of my first reactions was that there would be more for me now that he won't be doing them.   It makes me feel like I'm being terribly selfish, but I couldn't help thinking about that
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 10:20:52 AM by Cillaliz »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2007, 10:21:29 AM »

A story of wanton lust and gay abandon.

Oh that, A PUDDLE OF SWEAT.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2007, 10:22:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: CHILIAD!

Is that Cillaliz's sister?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2007, 10:23:39 AM »

Or is it the Chiliad and the Coddessy

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »

Well, the news isn't good on the lawyer I was mentioning. Apparently he lost control of his car on the interstate, slid off the road and hit a tree. Both he and his passenger were killed. It was on the news tonight. He doesn't drink. I'm wondering if he either fell asleep or a deer ran out in front if him

Cillaliz, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and associate.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2007, 10:30:39 AM »

Cillaliz, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and associate.

Thanks DR TCB. The paper this morning said there was no evidence of seat belt use.

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/articles/2007/09/09/news/local/60230e6dcc8e28f98625735000824574.txt

I've always felt a bit conflicted about Bob, he was one of the prosecutors in the Leonard Peltier case (Wounded Knee) and I have friends who have been trying to free Leonard for years citing in part the misconduct of the prosecutors.   On the other hand, the Bob I knew was very kind, compassionate toward his clients and others and always nice to me.  

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2007, 10:31:11 AM »

I'm off to meet DH Richard for lunch.

Bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »

There was a documentary done about the case "Incident at Ogalala; the Leonard Peltier Case"   Bob was interviewed and featured in the film.  He said he felt very set up by the film makers. They apparently didn't tell him that the film was all a defense of Leonard and he felt the edit wasn't right.  That may be true or sour grapes, I don't know.  The paper said he was writing a book on the case.  I've read Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee and seen the doc, it would have been interesting to read his side of the story in his own words
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 10:36:01 AM by Cillaliz »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2007, 10:37:52 AM »

I'm off to meet DH Richard for lunch.

Bye for now.

I am glad that you are finally going to meet DH Richard, especially since you have a child in common.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2007, 10:42:17 AM »

I saw a guy in the grocery store this morning who I dated about 6 years ago.  He had moved to Texas and said he's now back here to stay.  He asked for my number so I gave it to him...hmmmm

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »

Or is it the Chiliad and the Coddessy

HOMERGOD! You're so clever.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2007, 10:50:59 AM »

LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR THE BRAIN!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2007, 11:02:02 AM »

Yesterday, Matt H. wrote:I bought the first series (in three parts, region 2) from Amazon.co.uk and there are 13 episodes.  I don't know if there is (or will be) a second series, but what I've seen have been quite good. :)

There is a new season coming....

I like it also..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »

Cilla, my condolences for the loss of your friend.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »

DR Michael S, it is good to see you back and the picture of your car makes it even more amazing. Someone was watching out for you...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2007, 11:16:18 AM »

There was a documentary done about the case "Incident at Ogalala; the Leonard Peltier Case"   Bob was interviewed and featured in the film.  He said he felt very set up by the film makers. They apparently didn't tell him that the film was all a defense of Leonard and he felt the edit wasn't right.  That may be true or sour grapes, I don't know.  The paper said he was writing a book on the case.  I've read Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee and seen the doc, it would have been interesting to read his side of the story in his own words

I would have liked to have read his words concerning the case also. I have always heard from one aspect but never the other.  I also saw the documentary and it bothered me a bit. I felt some of the editing was skewed in a such a way that the it made the prosecuters look like the baddies. IMHO, there were problems on both sides of the case. It is still a controversial issue in the Dakotas, where AIM still has a foothold on the reservations. I have actually been acqauinted with distant relations of Leonard Peltier. The surname is very common yet among the Turtle Mountain Ojibway and Metis in northern North Dakota.

Have you read Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog, Cilla?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:18:53 AM by DakotaCelt »

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2007, 11:21:23 AM »

Hiya, gang -

I'm sorry not to be in NYC right now for the festivities... but I'm glad to miss the heat and humidity. Up here at the cabin, it's early autumn, sunny but crisp, lots of cool birds and raccoons...

Glad to hear that the BRAIN is shaping up so nicely, and sorry our Bruce's throat is itchy... major leg-breaking vibes to the splendid cast - have fun out there today at the fair!!! Bruce: Zicam!!!

Okay, so why is Penny NOT in NYC to see the show in a fourth incarnation?? (yes - I went to the first reading, the staged reading, and the full production at LACC...) well, kidz, I am doing a "family version" of Jewish Thighs on Broadway in a little theater in North Bend WA on Sept. 21 and 22 -- with the guy who music directed the very first performances back in March, 2000, and again in some Seattle performances in 2003. I tracked him down in Cape Cod a couple of weeks ago, and he said yes.

I'm sorry to report that the new Bruce Kimmel songs are not yet in the show - what with my BA and MA schedule and Bruce's new novel and a little NYC opening of his own show, well, we never got around to the lead sheets. Trust me, the songs WILL be included in the LA performances next spring!

Vibes to all who have suffered losses, need hugs, need healing... Michael, you were born under a lucky star!
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2007, 11:21:27 AM »

Hello PennyO and FJL!

Have a nice day!

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2007, 11:24:09 AM »

I'll hit the ol' piano for some vocalizing now, then read through my play to try to remember it, and then - it's out for major weedage and winterizing the garden. The day after my show closes, I'm in the car again, to head down to LA.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »

Hello, Dakota Celt!!! Nice to see you after such a long break...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2007, 11:25:17 AM »

have a lovely day!
PennyO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up