Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THIS DEEP DAY  (Read 23650 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THIS DEEP DAY
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2004, 09:38:19 PM »

Just returned home td. I have run out of matches and I going through one of those quiet inspiration and interest free days. It's a good feeling to be missed. The Novello reference was delightful for those of us old enough to remember Ivor.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2004, 09:41:49 PM »

Tomovoz.

It just occured to me.

Sounds like a character in a Chekhov play.

Ah,I remember now...

Uncle Tomovoz!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 09:44:47 PM by ArnoldMBrockman »

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2004, 10:34:29 PM »

For those who saw AMERICAN IDOL auditions tonight: weren't you surprised they booted off the first young lady from the air force? She had a perky personality and could actually carry a tune. The young lady from Bulgaria that they accepted wasn't nearly as good. There were several very talented young men I was glad to see move on to the next round.
I agree, I liked the air force girl.  I wasn't as pleased about the two brothers, though.  The first one was decent, the second, well, wasn't.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2004, 10:35:13 PM »

Well, for some reason I'm exhausted and I'm not going to fight it. Going to cuddle up with my dog and a book. G'night, all.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2004, 10:39:40 PM »

I went to my parents' for dinner and my sister's boyfriend set up their new computer.  I added games that they like to play.  They also got a new laser printer.  Oooo...pretty cool!

I didn't watch American Idol, but I had planned on being home in time, but I didn't.  Anyway, I'm watching Average Joe and they're just about to add the hunks.  They are so pompous and KNOW that they're going to get the girl.  They've made the Average Joes the total sentimental favorites.  I want one of them to win, if only to show off the hunks.  We'll see what happens!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2004, 10:50:59 PM »

Only 11 more posts and we beat our lowest day!  PPPUUUSSSHHH!!!  And, yes, this is sort of a vanity post:  two more (after this) and I hit 600 posts!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 10:51:14 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2004, 10:59:10 PM »

I can't add 11 more posts...but I can throw in one more before i go to bed! :)  I'm off to start reading Wicked

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2004, 10:59:40 PM »

People cuddling up with books and dogs.  People errant and truant.  What in tarnation IS going on here?  Skammen, as Ingmar Bergman once said.  I do feel we'll just eke by, but what is this eke stuff?  Enough with the eke - we are kings not knaves.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2004, 11:00:39 PM »

I just watched a wonderful movie I'd never seen or really heard of before - Kon Icikawa's An Actor's Revenge from 1963.  I'll write about it in the notes for tomorrow, but wow is all I have to say.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2004, 11:00:52 PM »

Ichikawa.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2004, 11:02:00 PM »

You know what - perhaps if LauraII and Jed would STOP IT, STOP THEIR INFERNAL CANOODLING AND PRIVATE DISCUSSIONS, perhaps then we'd get some actual posts here.

George

« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2004, 11:04:34 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2004, 11:26:53 PM »

They're STILL at it, our LauraII and Jed.  Still to busy to help out and post.  I'm SHOCKED, do you hear, SHOCKED.

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2004, 11:30:22 PM »

So where did Jed got to? Is Laura II dangerous to know? He has disappeared. OK That is non-sensical but I thought another post might be useful.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Laura II

« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2004, 11:30:54 PM »

BK, Jed is not online, so I am not talking to him. :) My friend Matt was online earlier, though, so he was occupying some of my time and attention.

Tiffie is leaving for school tomorrow! :( She may be errant and truant for lengths of time due to schoolwork and such. Who knows? Not me! Not I! Not me! Not me! (Oh, a Peter Pan reference!)

MGM musicals: I realized that the only one I've seen is The Wizard of Oz, and I'm not a huge fan of it.

"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2004, 11:34:16 PM »

I watched a small part of a DVD of LOTR - ROTK today. Obviously not a legal product. The first scene is missing. I wonder if it taken from an earlier pre film release version and that the introduction was a recent addition (And a good IMHO) by Mr Jackson who has been nominated for the David Lean award for excellence in the BAFTAs (as of course has the film for and Award or 10)
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2004, 11:35:06 PM »

Jed WAS online and you know how my mind works.  Now, if you haven't seen Singin' in the Rain, you must take your hard-earned rubles and get the new special edition DVD.  You will watch with mouth agape.

But first, you must read, if you get my drift.

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2004, 11:36:24 PM »

Lowest number of posts NOT.  Good night all.
James Thurber 1957

Laura II

« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2004, 11:43:19 PM »

BK, I read one book. I then let Tiff borrow that book. I must read another book too.
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

George

« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2004, 11:47:42 PM »

My 600th Post!  Today is not the day with the lowest number of posts.  There were two days were there were only 135 posts.

And if anyone doesn't want to spend their hard earned rubles to buy "Singing In the Rain" if they haven't seen it, you can either check it out from your local library (said the library employee) or your library can get it through "Inter-Library Loan" (but you must specify the newest special edition) where it may be borrowed from a library in a different part of the country, or even a different part of the world!  One time I got a book that came from a library in Scotland and another time from one in England.  That way you won't have to spend money...unless your library charges for these services, which mine doesn't.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 11:49:13 PM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up