Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EVELYN WOOD NOTES  (Read 25883 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE EVELYN WOOD NOTES
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2007, 08:33:04 AM »

Heading down now to check the mail and get started on lunch preparation. In honor of the cooler weather, I'm fixing spaghetti today.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2007, 08:37:19 AM »

Page Three Draco Malfoy Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2007, 08:37:45 AM »

Now I'm REALLY heading downstairs.

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2007, 08:38:36 AM »

I have no clue what my first movie at a movie theater was. Likely something Disney-ish.

The first movie I "remember" watching on TV is QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE, and that was viewed in the family room at my aunt and uncle's house. Cousins Molly and Bobby were watching it with me.

First stage production that I saw must have been when I was in first grade at Griffin Creek Elementary School. All the classes put on programs and, in fact, I was in one of them...I played the cat in HICKORY, DICKORY, DOCK. Somewhere I have a photo of myself modeling the paper mache cat head that I created and wore. I was very proud of it.

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2007, 08:42:15 AM »

Page 3 Griffin Creek Elementary School dance.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2007, 08:49:45 AM »

I believe today is the birthday of the Fat Conductor of Limited Talent and Limitless Ego.  Whatever age he may be turning, he's has lived far too long, and I think nearly everyone who's been on one of the bridges he's burned, usually while he's standing on it, would agree.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2007, 08:56:35 AM »

I believe today is the birthday of the Fat Conductor of Limited Talent and Limitless Ego.  

No, I'm October---oh wait, never mind.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2007, 09:04:03 AM »

And the word of the day is: FILEMOT!

And The Song of The Day is:  AUTUMN LEAVES

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2007, 09:10:44 AM »

Well, the laundry is finished, the Staples purchases completed, and now I will head out to the Post Office, the pharmacy and the rehearsal.

But first, one last rehearsal photo.  I believe it's a brain behind The Brain.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2007, 09:22:26 AM »

The first memory of seeing a movie in a movie theatre for me was:  SNOW WHITE & THE SEVEN DWARVES.  It was a movie theatre somewhere in downtown Columbus, Ohio (as most theatres were downtown in those days).  I remember the apple, the mirror, the witch, her death up on the cliff in the rain.

First play I saw was at the Emory Theatre in downtown Cincinnati to see a children's theatre production of BEAUTY & THE BEAST as part of a fourth-grade trip.  I was quite enchanted by it and remember it being rather moody and dark and borrowing a lot ( I realized much, much later) from Cocteau's film.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2007, 09:24:19 AM »

What lovely photos, DR ELMORE....thanks to he who shared with you and to you for sharing with us.

The MR BK photo is most intriguing as are the photos of DR CASON and Joe and Steve.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2007, 09:25:08 AM »

As DR RLP noted, I hope DR JOSE is no longer braid dead.

The Braid From Planet X

Pinky and the Braid

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2007, 09:26:27 AM »

I know I saw Abbott & Costello Meets Frankenstein - and a re release, because my sister in a stroller was with us and she wasn't born until 1953...

Most vividly I remember LOVE ME TENDER at the drive in....it was packed....we barely found a spot....and Elvis Presley dying and yet still singing the title song at the end.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2007, 09:37:26 AM »

Good day fellow readers!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2007, 09:39:36 AM »

Cilla I also look like Liza ;D

Sorry about the work problems, best of luck with that.  Maybe you can hire a temp to train the one you have.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2007, 09:40:10 AM »

Hey everyone.  Caught up on the notes and today's postings, probably can rule out catching up on posts, though.  Good to hear the "Brain" is doing well.  It's tech week for Annie, Get Your Gun this week.  I guess it's a good show, there's been so much drama off stage that it's really brought the creative teams spirits down and has reduced most of us to "let's just get this over with" attitudes.  I'll be happy when the show is up and running.    This Saturday are auditions for A Christmas Carol this will be my second year of doing this version (Menkin/Ahrens) and I really enjoy it.

The weather is finally beginning to cool off, which is odd for ths time of year in the SF Bay Area.  I'm sure in a week of so we'll experience a form of Indian Summer and it will be warm again.  Get on with Fall already.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2007, 09:45:46 AM »

Nice new avatar, DR MATTHEW....at least I am seeing it for the first time!!!

Yes, wouldn't it be nice if all the drama in theater were ONSTAGE???

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 09:46:02 AM »

Vibes for DR CILLA LIZ....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2007, 09:57:21 AM »

TOTD:

I remember watching LADY AND THE TRAMP one time on the Disney show that was on ABC when i was fairly young.  I still enjoy many of the animated Disney moves and have watched several of them over the years again with my neices and nephews.  I also recall seeing OLD YELLER on the telly.

My first black and white films would of course be IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE as that has been broadcasted on television for years. However, I have to mention one film that got me even more interested in classid films and that was DARK VICTORY with Bette Davis, George Brent and Ronald Reagan. I recall seeing it late at night when I was babysitting in the early 1980s. It is a bittersweet film.  At that time, the local public television station would occaisionally broadcast classic and foriegn films.  

The first theatre one would have to be GREASE with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John which I saw with a group of other people. It was a fun movie. My parents were not big movie goers so I did not go to movies until I was in junior high school.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2007, 09:58:08 AM »

Vibes to cilla.... I hope things work out for the best....

Jane

« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2007, 09:58:25 AM »

I have no recollection of my first movie.  Having older siblings I’m sure I began going at a very young age.  I remember how excited I was to see Danny Kaye in HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSON & how much I loved it.  I would have been 4 at the time.  

The first movie Keith recollects is the MOLE PEOPLE in 1956 with John Agar.  

The first play I saw was THE MUSIC MAN when the original Broadway cast toured in Los Angeles.  I don’t know what year that was.  My mother took me & since we were late & didn’t have time for dinner we stopped at See’s candy.  My mother said chocolate would fill us up nicely.  I was shocked to find I didn’t want anymore after a few pieces, a fact that was almost as memorable as the play.

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »

DR Jane - thank you for the card that came in the mail yesterday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2007, 10:07:06 AM »

My first musical was the film version of 1776...

First stage production was Fiddler on the Roof, a local high school production in Grand Forks. I also liked this same high school's rendition of Pirates of Penzance.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2007, 10:07:35 AM »

Vibes to Ginny and DH Richard...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2007, 10:08:23 AM »

Nice pictures Elmore, thanks for sharing...

Jane

« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2007, 10:11:01 AM »

From DR Laura:
I don't know why anyone would want to be the executor of an estate.

Some people like to do it so they can get paid for the job.  Others, like my brother & Larry, do it for the satisfaction of honoring an important request.

My brother enjoyed being the executor of my father’s estate.  It was important to him to carry out my father’s wishes and, I believe, have him the closure he needed.  He did a fine job too.  My sister had tried to take that away from my brother by getting my father to make her co-executer.  If my father hadn’t had been suffering from dementia he never would have agreed to that.  Since my sister lost her battle with cancer three months after my father passed away, my brother became the sole executer.

The satisfaction my brother received from being the executer, I received by clearing out his condo & putting it in order to be sold.  Neither of our jobs were easy, but both were very rewarding.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:12:55 AM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2007, 10:12:27 AM »

You are welcome Ginny.  I'm glad went about as well as these things can go.  I hope you & DH Richard can get some rest now.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2007, 10:22:56 AM »

DR elmore, as with you, when my mother passed away my sister & I worked well together clearing out my mother’s belongings & doing what needed to be done.  Unfortunately after my father’s passing, my sister cleared out much of his belongings without informing me & many of the items disappeared.  Items my brother & I would have liked.  Missing are two beautiful Japanese style, framed embroidery designs my mother made.  No one has any idea what she did with them.  I have a wonderful niece & was able to go through my sister’s place & claim back, what I could find, which were meant for my brother & me.

Speaking of nieces, DR elmore, you can always change out your brother’s name in your will for his children.  That would make a statement.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2007, 10:23:26 AM »

Great photos of the Brain.

Bruce you should make that your new avatar.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2007, 10:37:46 AM »

Great photos of the Brain.

Bruce you should make that your new avatar.

Another vote for this!!!   ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up