Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NAUSEOUS NOTES  (Read 51085 times)

singdaw

Re:THE NAUSEOUS NOTES
« Reply #420 on: September 19, 2007, 05:57:28 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Perhaps Nadia will save you the trouble by calling in sick?  Though paying her is certainly generous.

Did you have that court appearance today, as well?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #421 on: September 19, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »

Congrats George!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #422 on: September 19, 2007, 05:58:37 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Good to hear that things at your office went well today.

Thanks DR Jose. All in all it went better than I thought it might

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #423 on: September 19, 2007, 05:59:17 PM »

DR DERBRUCER (and SWW) - The next time you're in NYC, you should make a trip to The Strand Bookstore at Union Square.  The review copies of the cookbooks usually go for half of the list price.  Sometimes even less.

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #424 on: September 19, 2007, 05:59:31 PM »

many many vibes to BK and ALL involved with THE BRAIN ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #425 on: September 19, 2007, 06:01:39 PM »

DR DERBRUCER (and SWW) - The next time you're in NYC, you should make a trip to The Strand Bookstore at Union Square.  The review copies of the cookbooks usually go for half of the list price.  Sometimes even less.

:D
But there's still that danged obnoxious sales tax, something we don't have here in Delaware!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #426 on: September 19, 2007, 06:02:11 PM »

That's great, DR George!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks!  Details to follow on Sunday. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #427 on: September 19, 2007, 06:02:44 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #428 on: September 19, 2007, 06:03:27 PM »

Re: Doctor WhoFrom what I understand, the Fox movie is simply not available here in the United States.  It has been released in England, as Doctor Who - The Movie, but there are licencing problems on this side of the pond.  Your best bet would be to order it from England, and while you're at it order yourself a British-compatable DVD player.

I have a copy of this on VHS.  (You're talking about the Paul McGann with Eric Roberts as the Master, right?)

If you have the capability of copying VHS, and want it in such a format, I'll send it to you...
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #429 on: September 19, 2007, 06:05:04 PM »

But there's still that danged obnoxious sales tax, something we don't have here in Delaware!

Well, if you order from them online, then there's no sales tax.  ;D

*And if you're still thinking of joining The Good Cook Book Club... Remember, in December, they run a Clearance Sale - almost all of their titles go for a flat $10.00/piece.  I stocked up good last Christmas.
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #430 on: September 19, 2007, 06:06:46 PM »

oooh!  Congrats, DR George!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #431 on: September 19, 2007, 06:07:17 PM »

Congrats George! Sounds like another fun show

George

« Reply #432 on: September 19, 2007, 06:09:03 PM »

Thanks, td and Cilla!  I think it'll be a hoot!! ;D

George

« Reply #433 on: September 19, 2007, 06:10:09 PM »

Well, I'm leaving work.  I think I'm getting a cold. :o Anyway, I've got a scratchy throat :P and will medicate with Dimetapp...my drug of choice.

George

« Reply #434 on: September 19, 2007, 06:10:38 PM »

Have a good rest of the evening, all!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #435 on: September 19, 2007, 06:10:55 PM »

I didn't know it was standard to give a severence package to someone who is fired. I thought that was what you gave when you lay them off.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #436 on: September 19, 2007, 06:14:45 PM »

I have a copy of this on VHS.  (You're talking about the Paul McGann with Eric Roberts as the Master, right?)

If you have the capability of copying VHS, and want it in such a format, I'll send it to you...

Yes,

I can dub... that is how I have grown my soapies tape collection... Sharing and copying!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

3DDiffusion

« Reply #437 on: September 19, 2007, 06:15:38 PM »

Speaking of Paul McGann, he has reprised his Doctor Who on radio, and you can listen to The Sword of Orion right now at BBC Radio 7.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/monday/

With Shada (the unfinished Tom Baker episode) coming next.
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #438 on: September 19, 2007, 06:18:15 PM »

I have Shada where Tom Baker did the hosting...

I have heard the radio version and taped that as they were doing it on BBC-WS

I think he has done several of them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #439 on: September 19, 2007, 06:18:36 PM »

I can dub the Shada one if you want it...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #440 on: September 19, 2007, 06:19:21 PM »

I have had that for quite a few years.  I also have the DW movie made back in the 1960s where Peter Cushing played the doctor.

It is based on one of the early DW adventures. The original episode was better.

Tomovoz

« Reply #441 on: September 19, 2007, 06:20:14 PM »

Congratulations on your Admission to Zombiehood DR George.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #442 on: September 19, 2007, 06:20:28 PM »

I also have a somewhat disturbing Brit scifi series called SURVIVORS from the 1970s.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #443 on: September 19, 2007, 06:20:54 PM »

Good day Tom!

Cillaliz

« Reply #444 on: September 19, 2007, 06:22:11 PM »

I didn't know it was standard to give a severence package to someone who is fired. I thought that was what you gave when you lay them off.

It isn't. But this is really closer to a lay off.  Nadia never pretended she could do the things she can't do.  I thought I could work with her and teach her what I need her to do. There is just way more to teach than I thought there would be and I just don't have time to do it. She is excellent with my clients and has done a great job interpreting. She has a great personality and I wish her nothing but the best.   I see it as I hired an interpreter when I need a secretary. That isn't her fault.  I think it's fair to give her a couple weeks severence pay.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #445 on: September 19, 2007, 06:28:18 PM »

I have Shada where Tom Baker did the hosting...

I have heard the radio version and taped that as they were doing it on BBC-WS

I think he has done several of them.

Yes, McGann has done quite a few for a company called Big Finish, that has done quite a lot of sci fi audio of classic series such as Saphire and Steel, Doctor Who, Adventures of Sarah Jane, etc.

I have 'em all digitized on my computer...
---Edna Mode

Cillaliz

« Reply #446 on: September 19, 2007, 06:32:01 PM »

I'm thinking it's time for some health food....like Dairy and anti-oxidents........ice cream and dark chocolate!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #447 on: September 19, 2007, 06:33:09 PM »

Some of us can't get Levian cookies whenever we want...BUT....SOON, VERY SOON, I SHALL EAT ONE OF THOSE TASTY MORSELS!!!!!   Whew! That felt good.

Cillaliz

« Reply #448 on: September 19, 2007, 06:33:39 PM »

We have to be getting close to a page turn

Cillaliz

« Reply #449 on: September 19, 2007, 06:34:01 PM »

So let's get on with it
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up