Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GALLEY SLAVE  (Read 20774 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THE GALLEY SLAVE
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2004, 10:36:25 PM »

Greetings one and all!  Yes, I have returned.  Forgive me for being E&T for the past couple of days.  However, I have learned one valuable lesson:  Haines and Kimlets -- Can't live without them, can't live without them!

Okay, it may not have the same zing as the original, but it is late.  ....And I've got a lot of posting to do.(Oh, a Bye, Bye Birdie reference)

Now, from what I have been reading here, in the last few minutes, there is going to be a mass wedding held on the steps of the Ottawa City Hall.  Is Dan-in Toronto one of the Canadians willing to marry a disenfranchised American????  Now, exactly how many miles south of Los Angeles is Ottawa?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2004, 10:39:22 PM »

Much Ado...  He's back. Hello, TCB! Glad you haven't vanished. Glad I don't have to go back and read all the posts to solve the mystery of your disappearance.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 10:40:31 PM by Panni »

td

• td
« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2004, 10:40:30 PM »

Well, I'm not going to ignore it. . .
If I have said anything to offend anyone, or called people names other than the names which we've agreed on, I am heartily sorry.
But, I did want to ask ya, BK, if you have been over to RATM lately?  I have been posting civilly, and responding in civil tones to posts which have happened to catch my eye.  I will not say that a certain person and I have become *buddies," (he's still on my blocked email senders, where he shall remain) but, I haven't kill-filed him yet on RATM.
Too much negativity is bad for the soul.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: January 20, 2004, 10:46:47 PM »

Td, you have never made an uncivil post here, and you have no need to apologize.  In fact, I'm not asking for apologies from anyone - I'm just asking for people to think and remember what we're about here.  

Welcome home, TCB!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2004, 10:47:53 PM »

Oh, and as to ratm, I can't even read it anymore - Mr. Newport over there is just insufferable and I can't stomach him.  

But, I haven't even been reading ATC - it's just such a bore.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2004, 10:50:16 PM »

Okay, folks, now that everyone is safely back home, I can go to bed and read. G'night. See you in the morning.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2004, 10:53:40 PM »

bk - Did all this happen while I was away for all of two days? Have to admit I haven't had the time to read all the posts during my absence. When I left TCB was quite happy. He and I had a late night conversation, as a matter of fact. What could anyone have said to such a nice man?

My dear, Panni, telling the world about our late night conversations?  Well, now I guess you will have to marry me, before Pa goes and gets his shotgun.

Let me just say, that pehaps, at times, I can be a little too sensitive.  And, as we have often said here at HHW, one can, at times, miss the actual intent of a post and over-react.  I just stayed away the last few days rather than say something that I might regret.  Thank you all for the kind thoughts.  It is nice to be missed.
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2004, 10:53:58 PM »

Now, exactly how many miles south of Los Angeles is Ottawa?
I'm not sure about Ottawa, DR TCB, but I can recall from my single days getting confused when a perspective boyfriend told me he'd come all the way in to the San Fernando Valley from Ontario!     :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2004, 10:59:37 PM »

I have a very dear friend, who is leaving on a cruise in two weeks, and she was telling me what day she and her husband would be getting to Puerto Rico.  Well, it turns out it is actually Costa Rica, but hey they are both south of here.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2004, 11:04:11 PM »

Gee, I hope I am not responsible for this lull?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2004, 11:10:14 PM »

Now that I have returned, I am going to have to leave again -- until tomorrow!  I have to deal with a small crisis involving a good friend of mine who is being evicted!  

But, she is not moving in with me!

Good night.
[/color][/size]
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2004, 11:11:47 PM »

A friend here in OZ has been communicating with a teacher in Ohio who intends to drive to Australia soon.  The tide must be going out a long way.
Welcome back TCB.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2004, 11:14:58 PM »

Does the evictee have pets TCB? People can survive. Look after the pets and the children .
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2004, 11:20:46 PM »

All these posts... where to start?  Ok, I know where I'll start... I HATE CARS!!!  Got ready to head to work this morning and my car was dead.  Luckily, I have a friend who lives just two houses away, and he was still home to try and jump start the car.  Unfortunately, the jump start was unsuccesful, and my car sat there like so much fish.  My friend then gave me a ride to work.  It seemed to be a battery issue, so I got a new battery and put it in this afternoon... and the car is still deader than dead.  Must be the starter (really, it could be damn near anything and I wouldn't know, as I'm rather automotively ignorant, but everyone I've talked to seems to think starter).  So, I'll have it towed in tomorrow or Thursday and have a new starter put in.  Not good timing financially, but must be done.

On a happier note, vibes o' plenty to DR Jay for the job interview!  They'd be fools not to hire you, good sir!

What I'd like to see on DVD?  First thing that always comes to my mind is Bells Are Ringing.  Just long, long overdue.  Also would love to see Evening Primrose released.

Fire truck? No.  Limo? No.  Ambulance? No.  Police car? Numerous times.
No, no exciting stories there.  Just that my father was a policeman until I was 6 years old, so I rode in the car on a number of occasions.

State of the Union?  I'm thinking I'm glad I had our first production team meeting for Children of Eden this evening, precluding me from viewing what was most likely a nauseating (to me... just one humble opinion, of course) speech.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 11:21:50 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2004, 11:24:33 PM »

BK, I read your post, I just have no clue as to what it is about or what went down?

Re: American Idol, which I have been entertained by the last two nights, do these people not tape themselves...either on video or audio?  Can't they tell they can't find a tune or that they have no stage presence or the remotest talent for performing.  I thought the one that was hysterical was the guy who sang in a monotone, first "I'm losing control" and then "Crazy".  You can't blame Randy and Simon for breaking up.  And he expects an apology.   For what?  That he's come into an audition utterly unprepared and with absolutely no talent?  I also was amazed at the girl who sang (sort of) and danced (sort of) Flashdance and then got incensed when they rejected her... claiming all that they had to do was back her with synthesizers and what-not...as though talent is nothing and it's all done with mirrors.  What was even more amazing was her friend who was equally incensed for her.  If she was a real friend she'd tell the poor girl the truth.  And Flashdance's parting prophecy: " They've made the biggest mistake.  I'm going make somebody a lot of money some day."  Yeah...well, it won't be done singing...

It just goes to show you how desperate people are for fame...or maybe it's just some sort of need for recognition that they're here...

Tomovoz

« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2004, 11:35:51 PM »

How wonderful to read of another person who is "Car mechanical" challenged Jed. I always check that the radio works first. I know it is genetic. None of my brothers is the least bit "car minded" Nor is our father. Environment was not a factor. I was not brought up with my brothers - none of us spent much time with our father either. So that's opera gene and car gene missing. Strangely, (once again only two of we four brothers had the same home background), none us can cope with cooked tomato either.
As always I am happy to share such interesting facts with anyone who is up this late!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2004, 11:37:13 PM »

Evening meal time. Good night all. See you in the funny papers.
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2004, 11:37:53 PM »

And, as always, we are happy to have such interesting facts shared with us, Tom!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2004, 11:52:19 PM »

Pogue - it's just been a general thing that's been going on for a week or two - you yourself have been victim to it in a way.  But, everything's fine and we go on, as always, because this is, after all, the ginchiest site on all the Internet.  

Now, there is one thing I want to know: ARE JED AND LAURAII CANOODLING?  I have seen no post from LAURAII therefore I suspect CANOODLING.  

Jed

« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2004, 12:01:21 AM »

Oh, I suspect canoodling... only I'm being left out!!!  

Have you no loyalty, Laura II? :D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up