Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE  (Read 50182 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2007, 07:37:09 AM »

I forgot to mention this last night, but because I had about 30 minutes last night before the start of prime time, I put in HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE to see how it would look upconverted to 1080p on my new TV.

Suffice to say I was bowled over by the image, and now I am re-thinking buying the previous four POTTER movies on Blu-ray when they come out in December. I may simply spring for the fifth one - ORDER OF THE PHOENIX - and keep the standard definition releases of the previous four movies.

I still have a couple of months before I have to make a decision, but this would save some Christmas money at a time when that would be helpful.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2007, 07:39:55 AM »

Page Three Hagrid Dance!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2007, 07:43:41 AM »

I suppose I'm up.  Almost eight hours, plus the three during the evening - that's not too bad - I can't tell if I'm going to get sick or not, so I'll just assume I'm not and that will be that.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »

I'm roughly 6'2".  I think DR S. Woody White may have an inch on me!  :)
Nope, six two here, too.

How many chandeliers have you banged into?  My mother never understood how I could constantly whack my head on the dining room fixture, which for some danged reason was directly over my seat at the dining room table.  Being tall is not always everything it's cracked up to be.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2007, 08:02:43 AM »

WOD:  when I'd misbehave as a youth, Mom would often say, "Just keep your little cockshut."  Or something like that.

Song o' the day:  My Pacific Pops Choir is currently working up "Twilight Time" as one of their pieces for our upcoming concert (arrangement by moi).  All of our choral pieces have something to do with time this time (it's going to take some, to paraphrase the Carpenters and/or Carole King), including some originals of mine, "Eventually" by said Ms. King, "Time of Our Lives" by Paul Van Dyk (the Jeep commercial song), "Green Leaves of Summer," and more.

Travel:  I believe I already posted here about our nightmarish family "vacation" when I was a child to the semi-lovely Normandy Wilshire Hotel in downtown L.A.  Does the Normandy Wilshire still exist, I wonder?  Best travel:  we had a wonderful trip this year driving down the coast to L.A., then coming up via the Sequoias.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2007, 08:05:04 AM »

I've caught up on my sleep.

I'm nicely awake.

I've sent DR Noel an e-mail.

I'm heading to work in a little bit.

TOD: There was the time der B and I were coming back from visiting his daughter and clan in Maryland.  We had hit traffic on the drive to the airport (I think it was Philly)so we were running late and der B sent me ahead while he took care of the car.  I boarded the plane.  He still hadn't arrived.  They were getting ready to close the hatch.  He finally comes dashing on board, totally winded.  Turns out, he'd gotten lost.  I don't know what would have happened if he hadn't just made it on time.

Other than that, I've been quite lucky travelling.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Miss Karen

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2007, 08:08:11 AM »

Case and I are back safe and sound after a long, long day (and night or make that early AM) of travel yesterday. Since we had such an early flight out of JKF, we just went ahead and checked out of the sublet at midnight and went and camped out at the airport. Sleeping in my own, comfy bed last night was wonderful.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2007, 08:08:46 AM »

What's all this fuss about a new "Pluto" and how on earth (or Mars or Venus) did DR JoseSPiano and DakotaCelt get there?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2007, 08:09:56 AM »

Case and I are back safe and sound after a long, long day (and night or make that early AM) of travel yesterday.

And I'm certain that parts of NYC are absolutely bereft today!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2007, 08:11:41 AM »

Spoo...

I was just trying to rhyme.  :)

Didn't mean to imply that you're old!

Oh dear.    :-\

didn't take it that way, really.

Miss Karen

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2007, 08:12:04 AM »

Nope, six two here, too.

How many chandeliers have you banged into?  My mother never understood how I could constantly whack my head on the dining room fixture, which for some danged reason was directly over my seat at the dining room table.  Being tall is not always everything it's cracked up to be.   :-\

Hmmm, I was gonna agree with DR SongDance that you, der Woody, should get the tallest HHWer prize.  Someone's measuring device must be defective.  And der Brucer ain't no shrimp himself.  Lots of tall HHWers out there!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2007, 08:12:06 AM »

WOD:  when I'd misbehave as a youth, Mom would often say, "Just keep your little cockshut."  Or something like that.

Song o' the day:  My Pacific Pops Choir is currently working up "Twilight Time" as one of their pieces for our upcoming concert (arrangement by moi).  All of our choral pieces have something to do with time this time (it's going to take some, to paraphrase the Carpenters and/or Carole King), including some originals of mine, "Eventually" by said Ms. King, "Time of Our Lives" by Paul Van Dyk (the Jeep commercial song), "Green Leaves of Summer," and more.

Travel:  I believe I already posted here about our nightmarish family "vacation" when I was a child to the semi-lovely Normandy Wilshire Hotel in downtown L.A.  Does the Normandy Wilshire still exist, I wonder?  Best travel:  we had a wonderful trip this year driving down the coast to L.A., then coming up via the Sequoias.

I'm anxiously awaiting the word on what it is, vis a vis EBay, that had you on pins and needles last night.

Were your buying or selling?  Did you win, if the former...or the latter?

Of course, being on pins and needles over eBay is considerable different from being on pins and needles here.

Here, pins are dropped all the time, and some folks needle you mercilessly.!

;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2007, 08:12:53 AM »

Coffee....I need coffee....that is all.

singdaw

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2007, 08:13:22 AM »

Private Partz, I presume?    ;)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2007, 08:14:27 AM »

Good morning! Gosh it was great to read the review of Guch Good Friends!!! Congrats to the brainiac Noel.

I have had many a hell-acious trip - especially in the past few years, when minor illegal alien nitwits got a taste of power as "security" (yeah, right) personnel at airport check points. Going into any detail at all would cause an adrenaline blast that could actually wreck this lovely beginning to a lovely day... so I'll pass, thanks, on the history.

I got a nice gig editing a friend's book - tomorrow evening I'll be meeting with her (not at her LA apartment, because parking is terrible there) on her 74-foot yacht in the marina. Swell boat, I tell ya - I got to go out on it for its first LA marina pleasure jaunt, back in June when the happy couple first took possession. A beaut!! Boy, rich or poor, there's nothing like MONEY!!!

Today, I'm going to head over to the Getty and walk through the gardens... maybe even pop inside one of the buildings and actually look at some art... but it is the amazing all-season garden I really crave.
PennyO

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2007, 08:15:06 AM »

Private Partz, I presume?    ;)

Locales, then.  I presume to cast no aspersions....

Not now, at any rate!  ;)

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2007, 08:15:59 AM »

Guch Good Friends... that was the other show... of course, I mean SUCH GOOD FRIENDS... sheesh...
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2007, 08:16:41 AM »

Worst travel ever was coming back from Mexico on a PanAm jet that got caught in a tropical storm over Miami. We circled for over two hours before the storm had dissipated enough to land, but it still was raining hard when we pulled out of the airport, and my aunt made ME drive. I was PETRIFIED!

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2007, 08:17:16 AM »

Yeah, a little more coffee, that's the ticket...
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2007, 08:17:52 AM »

I'm heading down now to do some general chores and then start preparing lunch.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2007, 08:18:36 AM »

RE: last night's HEROES

SPOILERS

I enjoyed the show. But i wouldn't say that i loved it.

Although the fact that they focused so much on my 3 favorites (claire, hiro and peter) was great.

I find myself totally interested whenever claire is on. Same with peter. I will say i found myself a little bit less interested in the hiro storyline. but mostly because it was so far in the past and so seemingly non-related to anything else on the show.

I still dislike the new brother/sister. I wish we didn't have to see them so much.

I loved loved loved who Mohinder found it haiti. So perfect and so unexpected. I loved it!

I'm liking claire's dad and how he relates to mohinder.

I'm even liking matt and grandma petrelli.

Not liking nathan this way. Hopefully he will shape up soon.

But what is with no niki for 2 shows. Not that i like her. But i love her kid and want to see him.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2007, 08:18:38 AM »

Well, it's certainly interesting insight into a family situation!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Miss Karen

« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2007, 08:18:52 AM »

Parts?!  The entire Big Apple is draped in black -- even FJL's foot is hurting.

singdaw

« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2007, 08:20:05 AM »

DR PennyO - finished your book, and it was a joy.  I hooted and hollered.  And then I headed over to GOOGLE to try to sort out what was fact and what was fiction.

My conclusion?  Only your hairdresser knows for sure.

In any case, thanks - and I certainly hope I'll catch your act "live" someday!  :)

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2007, 08:20:05 AM »

I read a very interesting first novel: The Interloper, by Antoine Wilson. I think he has written literary criticism for the Times, short fiction, etc... Tight, well-constructed, quite a ride.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2007, 08:23:05 AM »

Hiya, Singdaw! Glad you like it!!! Almost all of it is true, for someone. Actually, I have never been to Asia - that trip did actually happen, but not to me. I have never been a spy, but i dreamed of it - actually thought of applying to the CIA, once, but by then, i was over the age limit for recruits.... Some of the backstage shenanigans are absolutely true - but happened with other people (and were whispered and snickered about by all and sundry). The G & S thing was TRUE!!! Except that my debut role there was Iolanthe. And, yes, the "leaving New York" eleventh hour phone call really happened, and i really said, thanks, anyway...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »

And three of the love-interest characters were actually ONE guy, with whom I spent 17 years. He's not actually French, and we actually met in the cast of Carmen - he was Escamillo...
PennyO

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2007, 08:24:58 AM »

I don't know that i've had any bad flights. But when i travelled more i used to have problems with security.  A few times on flights and a few times on buses to NYC.

Being a 20 something girl (at the time) and travelling alone for some reason made security crazy.

I never had any huge problems.  But it used to really bug me a lot.

I never acted nervous or said anything that i thought seemed particularly awful.  But they would always suggest that i was going to run off to the US to get married (i'm not making this up).

The part that i never got was why they really cared. I mean last time i checked if i went through the proper channels it was not illegal to get married to someone in the US. So i never could understand why they kept saying that.

One time they even pulled me over to the special section where another person has to question you.  The dumbest part was that i was going to visit a canadian friend who was working in the US at the time.

Another time they freaked over a ring i was wearing (they were sure it was an engagement ring).  Last time i checked wearing 4 diamonds in an eternity setting (left for me by my grandmother when she died) was not an engagement ring.

I was totally holding my tongue on all these occasions. But those who know me would know i was dying to just say, "WHY DO YOU PEOPLE CARE??"

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »

Time for me to head on out.

I'll try to catch up on the last couple of days after work.

singdaw

« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2007, 08:25:03 AM »

Well, it was still most amusing...and touching, too.

Here's to many more [mis]adventures!  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Up