Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: KEEPING ABREAST  (Read 56133 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:KEEPING ABREAST
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2007, 01:27:04 PM »

Well, since David Krumholtz  is the producer of the show,

He has no published production credits, yet (Tho I think I did see a screen credit last night). The Scotts will keep all the control, you can bet.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2007, 01:34:09 PM »

I have a question about canned laughter.  My brother won't watch THE BIG BANG THEORY because it has canned laughter.  The show is filmed before a live audience so why is it canned, & how can you find out for sure it is?  I did some research & only found more complaints about the laugh track, even by people who otherwise found the show very funny.

Keith & I didn't notice.  We watched the second episode and still couldn't tell.  I do know, in the past, I have found "snorting" laughter annoying for shows filmed before a live audience.  Inappropriate laughter was also annoying.  

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2007, 02:07:02 PM »

Saturday afternoon greetings!  My conference is over, thank goodness (more later).  Yesterday afternoon, it hit me just how sick I was and I could barely stay awake.  Last night I just passed out on the couch and finally went to bed about 11.  If today had been a regular work day, I'd have called in sick, but I went to the conference and stuck it out 'til the end.

DR Ben, if it was the after-lunch speaker, I was having great trouble staying awake as she was demo-teaching a class that I've taught myself many, many times!  I'm glad they invited you to partake, though, because today's lunch was far superior to yesterday's.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

François

« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »

François, are you sure your skunk had not been de-skunked?  

I think it is sweet you got to hold a skunk, they are so very cute.  Echo was sprayed three times and the smell is rather horrendous & difficult to get rid of.  

I don't know what I would have done.  How do you get a glass jar off of a head, sometimes going in is easier than coming out?  Remember, you only have moments to think about this.  I just hope the guy knew he could do the shot and get the result he did.

I'm still worried about the poor thing with the glass collar.

Oh, I'm sure the skunk had been "altered" of course, even though the "trainer" yelled at me because I was letting the children pet the fellow! Well, I told her that she was the one to know and she'd better tell me things in a positive way!

Of course, skunks spray when they are frightened...

My friend Flower smells petunia though, but he's known for being a little... gay! ;) Ask Thumper!

Ginny

« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2007, 02:08:09 PM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR JMK!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2007, 02:09:56 PM »

Funny DR Jose should mention Pietrasanta, beause that's where DH Richard and I are going for dinner tonight.

Ginny

« Reply #156 on: October 06, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »

Oh, I did manage to regain consciousness last night long enough to share our slice of Monkey Cake with DH Richard.  Yum!  The cake was delicious, but the cream cheese icing was somewhat overpowering - we scraped a lot of it off.

François

« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2007, 02:12:02 PM »

François, are you sure your skunk had not been de-skunked?  

I think it is sweet you got to hold a skunk, they are so very cute.  Echo was sprayed three times and the smell is rather horrendous & difficult to get rid of.  

I don't know what I would have done.  How do you get a glass jar off of a head, sometimes going in is easier than coming out?  Remember, you only have moments to think about this.  I just hope the guy knew he could do the shot and get the result he did.

I'm still worried about the poor thing with the glass collar.

I think the right thing to do would be to "shoot" the animal with some tranquilizer...

When the animal is asleep you can handle it any way you want and then it would not be wandereing now with a glass collar which might still be a threat to it!

Of course, doing so would have required to spend some money and time!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 02:12:41 PM by François »

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2007, 02:12:50 PM »

It's by Chris Jahnke, who did LEGALLY BLONDE. He's the new flavor of the month.

Hmmm, IMHO, he nailed Legally Blonde sound-wise, but missed the style completely for Grease

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2007, 02:35:06 PM »

Funny DR Jose should mention Pietrasanta, beause that's where DH Richard and I are going for dinner tonight.

Sounds like Great Dinner Plans. You must share(at least tell)what your dining experience was like.Sharing with all of us DRS would cost you and DH Richard a bloody fortune.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 02:36:12 PM by ArnoldMBrockman »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »

I watched three programs that were on the DVR.

I began with MOONLIGHT which had a superb second episode. Really had me on the edge of my seat and was really surprised with where they went with the story.

I have to say, MOONLIGHT and JOURNEYMAN rank for me as the best of the new series that I've seen two episodes of. (PUSHING DAISIES doesn't count since I've seen only one episode of it.) I also really liked CHUCK, but its second episode really seemed more a continuation of the first, so this week will tell the tale with that show and my reactions.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2007, 03:01:45 PM »

Even comedy shows that film in front of live audiences "sweeten" the soundtrack with additional laughter before the program airs. This is a well known industry "secret."

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2007, 03:04:11 PM »

Next I watched Thursday night's LAW & ORDER: CI from USA. Now that the show isn't available in my area in high def, I get irritated with the picture. So easy to get spoiled.

As for the case, good story. I've gone all these years and never knew Eames had a husband who had been killed on the job. Good acting from Kathryn Erbe.

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2007, 03:05:38 PM »

Finished up the afternoon with SMALLVILLE. Enjoyed the story very much. I wasn't completely on board with the addition of Supergirl to the show, but they're doing it very interestingly.

Jury is stil out about this new love interest for Lois. I'd prefer Oliver Queen (Green Arrow) to come back into the picture.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »

Tonight I'll be starting on the Season 3 box set of MEDIUM.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2007, 03:30:05 PM »

Heading down now to tend to a few simple house chores and then start in with MEDIUM.

WBBL.

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2007, 03:58:04 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JMK!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2007, 04:01:04 PM »

I went on a drive today and took many photos. I will try to post a couple later

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2007, 04:11:48 PM »

I can't find anything that indicates Krumholtz produces the show.

Then it probably isn't true.  I read it once in a magazine article, so I believed it.  If he isn't listed as a producer, I assume they were wrong.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 04:35:33 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2007, 04:38:21 PM »

Wow!  We had a huge explosion here in Tacoma this afternoon.  People felt it all over the city.  If I could of felt it here, I wouldn't know, because I was napping.  Anyway, turns out that it was the Atlas Foundry in Tacoma, which is located just a few blocks away from my office.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2007, 04:38:32 PM »

My friend Flower smells petunia though, but he's known for being a little... gay! ;) Ask Thumper!

;D

Jane

« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2007, 04:41:47 PM »

Even comedy shows that film in front of live audiences "sweeten" the soundtrack with additional laughter before the program airs. This is a well known industry "secret."

I figured they did that, but thought canned was a completely separate laugh track.

Can you tell the difference between non-sweetened, sweetened, and canned?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2007, 04:42:59 PM »

Back from two visits to the Courts show (explanation shortly).  I will say that Ray pulled it off this time - after the last two shows I really thought he was done - not a lot of celebs, very few visitors compared to normal.  Well, today was like the old days.  A LOT of visitors and a LOT of what you'd have to call A-list celebs, including Tony Curtis, Debbie Reynolds (who really does look amazing), Elliot Gould (he and Mr. Curtis had the longest lines), Nastassia Kinski, Olivia Hussey, Mickey Dolenz, Richard Kiel, Joyce De Witt and the other gal from Three's Company (Priscilla somebody), Martine Beswicke, Shirley Eaton (still beautiful), Lucianna Paluzzi, George Lazenby, and lots of others I'm forgetting.  

Jane

« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2007, 04:44:12 PM »

Sounds like a nice show. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2007, 04:45:41 PM »

Don't forget Tony Russel.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2007, 04:51:15 PM »

But the best fun for me was visiting with my pal Alan Hunt.  I've known Alan since the early 70s and it's always nice running into him.  He was part of a Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea group, which included David Hedison (amazing looking for his age) and Terry Becker.  Terry was sitting next to Alan (Alan is now a teacher out in Oak Park, and, in fact, is Zach Wechter's teacher).  Anyway, I have never been able to ascertain for absolutely certain that Terry Becker was who I saw back in the early 60s in a small LA production of A Family Affair.  I wrote about seeing the show in Kritzer Time (page 211) because it had quite the impact on me.  And, funnily, I hired John Gabriel to sing on one of my albums and HE was in that production.  So, I hadn't used Terry's name in the book, just because at the time I had no way of being able to check the accuracy of my memory (I definitely remembered the actor's name was Terry), although my memory of events back then never fails me.  So, I told Alan the story and Alan simply leaned over and asked Terry if he'd been in the show.  Terry looked at him like he was nuts and said, "How do you know about that - my God, no one saw that show."  To which I said, "I saw that show - and wrote about it and you."  He couldn't believe it and we had the best time talking about it.  

I'd picked up former dear reader Hisaka and current dear reader Miss Patti, both of whom wanted to attend the show.  By twelve-thirty they were both ready to leave, so we all went and had lunch and then I took them to their various subway and/or destinations.  I then decided to go back to the show, and brought Alan a set of the Kritzer books, which I know he'll enjoy (plus a Brain CD), and I brought a copy of Kritzer Time for Mr. Becker.  He was so sweet and he read the little paragraph and was just amazed that anyone would remember the show and most especially his performance (which I call out in the book).  He read it to several people.  So sweet.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2007, 04:54:02 PM »

I saw several dealer friends and I had a very good time.  Also seen was Lana Wood, Richard Anderson, Robert Culp (who looks awful - so much work on his face - he doesn't even resemble his handsome former self), Francine York, Jackie Joseph and Jonathan Haze, H.M. Wynant, and I'm sure I'll remember more.

Jane

« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2007, 04:54:20 PM »

Sweet story.

Jane

« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2007, 04:56:13 PM »

Wow!  We had a huge explosion here in Tacoma this afternoon.  People felt it all over the city.  If I could of felt it here, I wouldn't know, because I was napping.  Anyway, turns out that it was the Atlas Foundry in Tacoma, which is located just a few blocks away from my office.

There is a photo of the explosion Here

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2007, 05:07:26 PM »

Good afternoon dear Esteemed, suave, studly, and guapo BK --  I'm really glad that there was some "quality" back in the Courts show.  I had a lot of fun visiting with Norman Fell at one a number of years ago.

Good afternoon DRs and studlies and lovelies.  Dear DR Laura and I had a lovely adventure this morning, and even though she shall probably protest and kill me, I'm posting some pictures here.   ::)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up