Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE UNSEEMLY BUTTO  (Read 26013 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE UNSEEMLY BUTTO
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2004, 09:55:57 PM »

I'll tell you, dear readers, sometimes the human race just appalls me.  Last year, a "friend", someone we all know, behaved reprehensibly.  At the time I held back from saying what I really wanted say on the proviso that the "friend" complete a task that the "friend" had begun.  The "friend" made a promise to me that that would be done.  

Now, the "friend", instead of living up to the promise, is trying to change the deal and it's just so upsetting and so nauseating on so many levels that if they persist I may just feel like telling the whole sorry story from start to finish.

Jed

« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2004, 10:01:15 PM »

Sorry to hear about your latest bout with snarkiness, BK.  Sometimes the world would seem a whole lot better if not for all the people!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2004, 10:18:03 PM »

BK, it sounds very much like you need to vent.  I suggest writing the story down, and sending it to a very few trusted individuals who won't be passing it further.  That way, you'll get things off your chest and feedback from people who appreciate you.

Or you could talk with a shrink about it, but that gets pricy.  Besides, shrink feedback is generally in the form of "I see.  And what do you think about that?"  Useful in it's place, but boring and expensive.   :-\

Hope you feel better soon.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2004, 10:25:58 PM »

I'm fine, and I'm hoping the person in question will do the right thing.  If not (and I'll know first thing in the morning), then I shall indeed vent - right here.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #274 on: January 21, 2004, 10:30:20 PM »

Der Brucer and I still didn't go to see ROTK, but that was due to other errands we had to take care of, like switching banks.  Gee, first I get my Delaware ID, now I've got a Delaware bank account.  I think I've moved.

Is anyone else out there amazed at the new trend, for banks to have mini-branches in grocery stores?  I mean, they've been doing it for a few years now, but a decade ago it was something I never saw.  Frankly, I find it a good idea, as long as the mini-branch is closely connected to a larger branch nearby.  The fellow who put my account together admitted that they only get Christmas and Thanksgiving off for holidays, even working on the Fourth of July!

The advantage of having the bank right there in the store was that der Brucer and I were able to do some shopping without leaving the building.  And, while we were there we also met a couple who were also shopping, one of whom I'd met before two and a half years ago, just before der Brucer bought our lot.  He and his partner now own a restaurant downtown, closed for the winter.  What surprised me was that he remembered me from that one meeting!  I never think of myself as being all that memorable, but I guess I am somehow.

So, all and all, it hasn't been a bad day.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2004, 10:46:09 PM »

And speaking of banks. Just found out that our bank is now charging $2.50 for a statement other than the automatic monthly variety - another way to force people into internet banking.  I still can't see how I can withdraw cash from my computer and printer and it is quicker to pay bills by phone than on the computer. Before long customers will not be allowed in the Bank at all.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2004, 10:54:14 PM »

Tomovoz, I read in a magazine a couple of years ago that this one bank (somewhere in the States) was charging people a fee when they came into the bank and did their business (not that kind of business) with a live teller! :o I couldn't believe that!

I am with a credit union and the worst that they've done is that they now charge a fee for cash advances if you do more than six within a month.  If you get cash when you use your debit card for a purchase or if you come in the credit union and ask a teller (or use the drive-through) for cash, those doesn't count toward the six per month.

It seems now that EVERYTHING is going to have an extra fee no matter what you do!  How Rude!  (An obscure Scrambled Feet reference.)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2004, 11:01:19 PM »

Just got home from dinner with friends. Wasn't too relaxing as the entire evening was spent hearing pitches for stories that would "make interesting films." Normally I wouldn't mind all that much - but I just wasn't in the mood tonight. Thus, I've come home with a stomach ache.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2004, 11:02:54 PM »

I just looked at the word "ache"... It's a stupid word. Why isn't it spelled "aik"...?

Tomovoz

« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2004, 11:06:33 PM »

George: I still prefer live tellers to dead ones - I think I have come across some of the latter at times.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2004, 11:23:13 PM »

Panni - what are you, Benjamin Kritzer all of a sudden?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2004, 11:27:23 PM »

Good evening.  
TCB - LOL!! again.  You never fail to brighten my day and bring a smile to my face.  Thank you for being you.
Life seems almost too calm these days.  No school to crazy things up.  Still enjoying Wicked.  Almost through with the book.  I think I'm gonna have to look up Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister next.  Good writing.  A bit too thick and wordy at times, though.  The author loves to hear himself talk, I  would guess.  
sleeping pills...I wish i had some...I need to get back on a normal schedule...2 am is not a good regular sleep time

Jed

« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2004, 11:38:30 PM »

2am is a perfectly good regular sleep time for those of you who don't have to work in the morning, Ann!  If I had your work schedule, I'd stay up until 2 or 3 every night.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2004, 11:46:49 PM »

ANN: I bought Maguire's "Lost" for Colin for Christmas. He could not be bothered finishing it and he loved "Wicked". td concurs about "Lost".  I still want to check our "Stepsister" and "Mirror Mirror". I agree that he is at times somewhat "wordy".
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #284 on: January 21, 2004, 11:49:21 PM »

Good point Jed :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2004, 11:49:59 PM »

Goodnight All.
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2004, 11:51:45 PM »

Goodnight Tom

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2004, 11:55:56 PM »

Ann, soon you will have a new book to read, so don't get read out.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up