Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: STRICTLY BY THE NUMBERS  (Read 62052 times)

Cillaliz

Re:STRICTLY BY THE NUMBERS
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2007, 05:34:56 AM »

I have discovered that the hard wood floors in my house make it way too easy to hear everything going on in my house.  Good thing I live alone or I'd never get any sleep!

Cillaliz

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2007, 05:35:50 AM »

Well, I think I'll get dressed and go out for breakfast.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2007, 05:36:39 AM »

Good EARLY  morning DR CILLA LIZ.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2007, 05:37:15 AM »

I am off to work myself.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2007, 05:39:33 AM »

Good Morning JRand. Have a great day at work

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2007, 05:41:43 AM »

This David Copperfield thing is interesting.  The cops seized 2 million in cash as evidence of sexual abuse of some sort?  How on earth does 2 million in cash prove that?

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2007, 05:42:51 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  It's an information-waitressing day for me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2007, 05:45:33 AM »

I have a free day, tra la tra la.   It was such a busy/insane week, this is just what need.  I'm going to clean house!  It's going to be near 80 degrees.  So it will be great to open the windows and air out the house

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2007, 05:46:58 AM »

I will also have time to run my errands, go to the store etc. I know, what an exciting life, but I can't wait to do all my little jobs

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2007, 05:56:16 AM »

Enjoy your day, DR Cillaliz - sometimes that kind of puttering is exactly what we need!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2007, 06:07:06 AM »

I have a free day today, too!
My favorite fast food is from SONIC.

Late last night I got a phone call from sometimes DR eviltwin, who had gone to a Stephen Schwartz celebration at Town Hall which was populated by many stars, including Schwartz himself, Karen Akers, Liz Callaway, Maz von Essen and. . . .JASON GRAAE!
The reason Janet was phoning me so late, was that she had several messages for me from Jason.
Before the call, I was watching a film written by DR Pogue, PSYCHO III, which I have never seen. . .I will finish watching it sometime today.  I hadn't realized that Universal offered a triple feature dvd set of the three sequels to PSYCHO.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

FJL

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2007, 07:01:41 AM »

Jrand - Yes, I had asked about that line, which has over the last twelve hours become a candidate for a driving (yet sort of resigned and sad :) ) philosophy by which to appreciate life.  Thanks for doing that research.

(Oh, the quote again was "It all ends in disappointment, but there is beauty along the way,"

It just moves me so much< i just wanted to repeat it.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 07:15:08 AM by FJL »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2007, 07:05:27 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up.... And I'm already back from the gym!  :)

-And on a Saturday no less!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2007, 07:07:32 AM »

I have a free day today, too!
My favorite fast food is from SONIC.

Late last night I got a phone call from sometimes DR eviltwin, who had gone to a Stephen Schwartz celebration at Town Hall which was populated by many stars, including Schwartz himself, Karen Akers, Liz Callaway, Maz von Essen and. . . .JASON GRAAE!

Hmm... Why do I think that that was what I was supposed to do last night.  For some reason, I'm thinking a friend of mine had an extra ticket, and invited me to come along with him... Hmm... Or maybe I was just hoping that a friend would have had an extra ticket... ???

*And I believe Betty Buckley is performing tonight as part of the cabaret festival at Town Hall.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2007, 07:08:06 AM »

DR Cillaliz - When will you go see Callie today?
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2007, 07:09:41 AM »

BK - The score to HOME ON THE RANGE was quite exciting, but got stiffed in the Oscar race that year since the film was a box office disapointment.  The lyrics to Alan Menken's music were written by the talented and by any standards fabulous Glenn Slater.   Glenn and his also gifted wife Wendy came to LAST STARFIGHTER at NYMF, by the way.  

(I thought the song "Will the Sun Ever Shine Again?" sung by Bonnie Raitt in the HOME ON THE RANGE film was as good as, or better than,  any of the nominees that year.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2007, 07:13:00 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

McDonald's was always the stand-by.  However, in Richmond, the Arby's were the way to go.  The gentleman who owns the franchises there basically upgraded the standard Arby's fare.  In fact, some of the locations are more like full-service restaurants with food-brought-to-your-table-service, as well as extended menu offerings such as BBQ Chicken and Prime Rib(!).  And they run that 5-for-$5 Roast Beef Sandwich Special, well...  Dinner is on me!  I liked their Curly Fries, but if the wait was not too long, I would get their Potato Cakes.  And a Jamocha Shake.

I used to always get a Taco Salad at Taco Bell, and then one day all that nutritional information finally sunk in about what I was eating.  :-\  However, a Soft Chicken Taco makes for a quick, semi-nutritious bite.

Oh, and Popeye's too.  And I see that they've brought back the onion rings again. Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2007, 07:15:39 AM »

Hmm... I should go see Mary Poppins to catch Alexandra's first show as Jane Banks... But it's such a nice day outside... And I'll probably be seeing the show (again) tomorrow with my parents...  So... We'll see...

However, a friend of mine is coming in today from New Hampshire, and he wanted to hit the Metropolitan Museum this afternoon, so...

Decisions, decisions.  Options, Options.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2007, 07:15:41 AM »

Good morning, all! Restless sleep and strange dreams, including one about the Macbeths and one about DR Ginny and Richard visiting in Manhattan over a Christmas holiday that seemed awfully sunny and warm.

My brother Randy just called about some estate issues, but I believe I may have finally won a battle with the Macbeths. Since I trust neither of them, I'm not celebrating yet.

Today, a lot of work on the chart for David Burnham. On Monday I have a discussion with the orchestra paying for this job and I'm sending nothing out till the billing is in place. David came by yesterday afternoon to pick up his original materials and we dished a bit about last night's performance at Town Hall; he was singing "Out There," from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

That's the news at 10:15 am.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2007, 07:19:12 AM »

Good morning!

Much cooler this mornig which is helpful since it's heating back up in the afternoon. Right now, however, doors and windows are open, and I'm enjoying the cool.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2007, 07:22:08 AM »

From today's NY Times:

Just in time for Halloween - ???

In Japan, A Hiding Place You Can Wear

It's one of those serious news stories with a funny edge to it.  If you have access to nytimes.com, be sure to check out the accompanying "Urban Camouflage" slide show.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2007, 07:22:25 AM »

BK - The score to HOME ON THE RANGE was quite exciting, but got stiffed in the Oscar race that year since the film was a box office disapointment.  The lyrics to Alan Menken's music were written by the talented and by any standards fabulous Glenn Slater.   Glenn and his also gifted wife Wendy came to LAST STARFIGHTER at NYMF, by the way.  

(I thought the song "Will the Sun Ever Shine Again?" sung by Bonnie Raitt in the HOME ON THE RANGE film was as good as, or better than,  any of the nominees that year.)

As I have said many times here, that movie was extremely underrated by all. because it was the traditional 2-D animation, folks just turned their noses up at it, and they missed out on a really funny, really charming movie. I loved the entire score for the movie, too.

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2007, 07:22:53 AM »

...and one about DR Ginny and Richard visiting in Manhattan over a Christmas holiday that seemed awfully sunny and warm....

Well, we did visit Manhattan between Christmas 1982 and New Year's 1983, but it was COLD.  During our 25th wedding anniversary week there in January 2006, the weather was warm enough that we sat outside waiting for a table at Cowgirl.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2007, 07:24:48 AM »

Favorite fast food:

Fried Chicken: Church's

Burgers: Burger King

Tacos: the chalupas at Taco Bell

Fried Fish: Captain D's

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2007, 07:24:56 AM »

Hmm...  I just checked the weather forecast for the coming week, I had no idea that we're in for another warming trend over the next couple of days.  Looks like good running/Reservoir weather.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2007, 07:26:17 AM »

I will be making a concerted effort to get through as much of the DVR-TV shows I have recorded as I can today.

Tonight, I'll be watching SCARY MOVIE on Blu-ray (I wasn't thrilled with the film the first time I saw it).

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2007, 07:27:44 AM »

Yesterday in the mail, I got, among other things, the box sets of THE L-WORD (4th Season) and CSI: MIAMI (5th Season), so I will have a lot of TV episodes to watch in the week ahead. I think I might also be getting OCTOBER ROAD next week, too.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2007, 07:37:26 AM »

Yonight, GONE BABY GONE, which I'm seeing with my friend Matthew, who came to "The Brain" performance ion Oct. 25.  He sat with Miss Karen, me, and my freinds Cathie and Alice.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2007, 07:39:54 AM »

Tonight for me:

Michigan vs. Illinois, 8pm, ABC - GO BLUE!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2007, 07:41:48 AM »

Yonight, Yonight
I'll see my love Yonight
Yonight there will be no morning star...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up