Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SIMPLY AGOG  (Read 34308 times)

Cillaliz

Re:SIMPLY AGOG
« Reply #330 on: October 30, 2007, 07:26:22 PM »

I heard tonight that there was a break in about a block from here.  Someone knocked on a door at 10:30 AM and when no one answered broke in.   Oh great something else to worry about.  My first thought is that the cats would get out and get lost and I wouldn't be here to find them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #331 on: October 30, 2007, 07:27:52 PM »

cilla, i almost missed your post.  good, good luck tomorrow.

Thanks Jane

FJL

« Reply #332 on: October 30, 2007, 07:35:50 PM »

Continuous vibes to Cilla and Callie

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #333 on: October 30, 2007, 07:52:45 PM »

Back from the printers, have done a long phone interview, have had soup and shall now sit on my couch like so much fish.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #334 on: October 30, 2007, 07:53:07 PM »

I heard tonight that there was a break in about a block from here.  Someone knocked on a door at 10:30 AM and when no one answered broke in.   Oh great something else to worry about.  My first thought is that the cats would get out and get lost and I wouldn't be here to find them.

Cillaliz, this was the first thing I worried about when we knew we were going to move. In fact, that's why I wanted to introduce the kitties to the porch soon, so they might get acclimated to their surroundings more if they ever escaped. This was a very real fear because we already had a break-in before we moved here, and there had just been one down the street.

I have been considering having them "chipped". They are so big and healthy that I don't think anyone would mistake them as strays, but two are very skittish and would be hard to catch. Oooohhhh...I don't even want to think about it!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #335 on: October 30, 2007, 07:56:31 PM »

We have had lost dogs turn up occasionally. One of them had a tag with a website, and from that we were able to find the owner, the address, all of their phone numbers---too much info to put on a tag. We called and they came over immediately.

I don't remember the name of the service but that was very handy.

Of course, we would have to get collars for our cats. I actually bought some before we moved, thinking that their rabies tags could identify them, but I haven't had the heart to put them on. They've always gone "natural".
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #336 on: October 30, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »

This was a pretty funny moment on BIG BANG THEORY.  ;D

Four guys flashing each other.

Is this why hi-def is necessary?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #337 on: October 30, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »

Very sorry to read about Robert Goulet. I have to say that seeing him on the stage of the Broadway Theater during THE HAPPY TIME was one of the few times in my life when an actor's physical magnetism could be felt by me in the audience. He was mesmerizing. And then that voice. Wow!

One of my fondest theatrical memories.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #338 on: October 30, 2007, 08:23:36 PM »

I spent most of my pre-primetime hours watching the bonus features on THE SHINING. There are three new featurettes that weren't on the previous SHINING DVD. The first one was the best with some people who actually worked on the film talking about what it was like. That runs about 30 minutes. The other two new features were lesser in interest but still worth seeing once.

I watched the Vivian Kubrick documentary again (it was on the last SHINING DVD), and then I rewatched it listening to her commentary done 27 years after the fact. Ended up better than I thought it was going to be becasue she started off merely telling us what we were seeing on the screen.

Matt H.

« Reply #339 on: October 30, 2007, 08:24:38 PM »

I started the movie from the beginning to listen to the running commentary on it, but I only got about 10 minutes into the film. Sounds like it's going to be very interesting (Steadicam operator and Kubrick biographer are the speakers).

Matt H.

« Reply #340 on: October 30, 2007, 08:25:08 PM »

I also skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. No gay boys, but they do show up tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #341 on: October 30, 2007, 08:26:30 PM »

BONES tonight had an unusual case of two mummified corpses found at Halloween spook attractions. Nice episode with some good laughs. Pretty easy killer though since the suspect pool was limited.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #342 on: October 30, 2007, 08:26:59 PM »

TOD

Brave New World
Atlas Shrugged
The Alienist
Foundation Trilogy

der Brucer

(The evil cynic in me wants to add The Bible, but I shan't)
Oh, but you shad!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #343 on: October 30, 2007, 08:27:36 PM »

HOUSE had a strange case, too.

I have to admit I got really tired of all the petulent stuff House was doing to Cuddy to get back at her for bringing back Foreman.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #344 on: October 30, 2007, 08:28:42 PM »

Trick or Treat?

Hmmmm....I'll have to give that one some thought.
It's a redundancy.

Matt H.

« Reply #345 on: October 30, 2007, 08:28:45 PM »

NIP/TUCK had an intriguing season premiere with the boys now trying to get established in Hollywood. Nice guest stars, too: Bradley Cooper, Craig Bierko, Jennifer Coolidge.

Matt H.

« Reply #346 on: October 30, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »

Hopefully, ABC got around to broadcasting last week's BOSTON LEGAL tonight. I'll watch that and SVU tomorrow.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #347 on: October 30, 2007, 08:32:37 PM »

OK... Me sleepy.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #348 on: October 30, 2007, 08:37:22 PM »

A recent phone exchange, which some might find offensive:

"I can't join you, my feet are killing me and I can hardly walk."

"Well, that's a lame excuse."
I've done worse.

A co-worker of mine (male) at an earlier job came in and announced with pride: "My wife is expecting!"

Without even blinking, I turned to him and replied: "That's fantastic!  Who's the father?"

Gabe and I loved to tease each other, but that was really pushing it.

Matt H.

« Reply #349 on: October 30, 2007, 08:39:53 PM »

I've a bit of writing to do, and then I'm heading down to bed also.

Good night!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #350 on: October 30, 2007, 08:44:09 PM »

5.6 Earthquake just happened.  Epicenter was about 5 miles or so away from us.  We're fine.  Otto knew it was coming and was acting weird.  DP ran to the door way as we felt the apartment building shake and sway.  All is well now.  A little freaky, but over. (for now)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #351 on: October 30, 2007, 08:44:17 PM »

...And she suggested.....BRACES....as a possible longterm solution!  She'll let me know as soon as she studies all the X-rays, the impressions and the measurements they took.  I'm thinking "invisaligns", but I'm certain someone here will start imagining "Ugly Betty"-styled braces.
What?  Ugly Betty is so not you!

I propose the braces worn by the young Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!  If you're going to intimidate your co-workers, do it right!

Cillaliz

« Reply #352 on: October 30, 2007, 08:45:07 PM »

Vibes to DR Matthew

Cillaliz

« Reply #353 on: October 30, 2007, 08:45:32 PM »

DWS Results show

I was simply agog....that is all

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #354 on: October 30, 2007, 08:52:28 PM »

Another California fire picture... because I can!

Another reason for living in Rehoboth Beach, DE!

(See quote below.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 09:12:26 PM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #355 on: October 30, 2007, 09:04:49 PM »

OK, since der Grampa didn't post about it...

Yesterday, we took the younger grandlad, William, to see Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D, and dinner afterwards at Red Lobster.

He was singing along with the end credits, remembering the melody.  He's got that good an ear.

And he absolutely loved dinner.  We started with snow crab legs, which he'd never had before and dived right into, and followed with all sorts of shrimp, where he ate his fill.

He doesn't care for breading on the shrimp, nor for cocktail sauce.  Fortunately, with my fries a ramekin of katsup had been delivered, so I gave him the ramekin and he was very happy.

And he, too, noted how much more fun it was to be with just to two of us, instead of with his older brother, who never likes anything.

A good time was had.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #356 on: October 30, 2007, 09:07:50 PM »

Lucky me, I have tomorrow off from work.

I do not have to dress up.  Hoo.  Rah.

(I'm not a big Halloween fan.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #357 on: October 30, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »

And with that, or some facsimile, I am heading to bed.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #358 on: October 30, 2007, 09:29:44 PM »

I agree with DR Matthew that it seems almost like winter.  

It got so cold in the house (67) that I had to turn the furnace on for the first times in ages.

der Brucer

When the day time temperatures stay in the mid-seventies, the house can hold the heat over a chilly night.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 09:32:35 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #359 on: October 30, 2007, 09:31:56 PM »

Been busy the last couple of days here at work and I have gotten a lot of little projects done. I feel accomplished, so far.....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up