Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SIMPLY AGOG  (Read 34291 times)

Jennifer

Re:SIMPLY AGOG
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2007, 06:13:59 PM »

I'm gonna go watch the results show from DANCING WITH THE STARS. I should probably wait a bit longer, since they drag things out forever.

I hope marie osmond goes. My guess is jane seymour. But really i just have a feeling the other person in the bottom 2 will be a shocker.

Jennifer

« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2007, 06:15:54 PM »

I don't think anyone mentioned last night's SAMANTHA WHO. But it's funny. And christina applegate just lights up the television. She is really endearing in this part.

Angela

« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2007, 06:19:12 PM »

Oh and i got sort of teary yesterday.  My sis called me yesterday because megan was bawling. She wanted to see me (and i don't see her on mondays so my sis told her that). It's the first time she's every cried because she missed me.  When her daddy came home she asked him, "where auntie?". She thought i was with him.

This choked me up, as I'm a proud Aunt to a niece and nephew who both recently left the nest.  My niece, Kelsey went away to college in a community over two hours away.  My nephew, Tyler moved into his first apartment with two childhood friends.  Thank goodness for the internet!
Where ever you go, there you are.........

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2007, 06:26:01 PM »

Oh and i got sort of teary yesterday.  My sis called me yesterday because megan was bawling. She wanted to see me (and i don't see her on mondays so my sis told her that). It's the first time she's every cried because she missed me.  When her daddy came home she asked him, "where auntie?". She thought i was with him.

that is so sweet, even after u scared her with your costume ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2007, 06:26:58 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from my coaching.  Well, I was the coach and someone else was the "coachee".  ;)  It's gonna be an interesting process...

This young gentleman has been taken under the wing of a theatrical producer, as well as a casting agent.  He's very "green", but he has tons of natural talent and charm to spare.  -And his Irish/Italian heritage has also served him well in the "eye appeal" department.  The producer asked me a few weeks ago if I wouldn't mind helping him out with the singing end of his career right now, help him get focused, build repertoire, etc.  So we met tonight for the first time.

It was basically a meet and greet.  We didn't sing at all during the hour.  He's had an interesting career already so far.  His voice matured early (when he was 13), and throughout high school he was booked for various gigs.  Everything from opera to doo-wop to R&B to theatre gigs.  He even did a stint on tour singing back-up for a pop singer, and he had a record contract almost as soon as he got out of high school as part of a group - one of the many "boy bands" that came out the craze that 'N-Sync and Backstreet Boys started.  Alas, the record deal fell through, and he decided to take a few years to have a "normal life" - no music.  Well, he started to get the "itch" earlier this year, went to an audition for a small show off-off-Broadway, and got the gig!  And now....  Well, now the real work begins.

It's gonna be fun working with him.  He's actually been up for two major Broadway roles over the past two months, but when it came down to the final stages of the audition process "they" went with people who had more than one NYC theatrical credit on their resumes.  Sometimes being "green" can work for you, and sometimes it can't.  So, the goal right now is to make him comfortable being "green", to make his freshness an asset rather than an obstacle to being hired.  He's set a two-year goal, he wants to book a major gig in two years time.  I already have a feeling he'll be making that goal sooner rather than later.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2007, 06:29:01 PM »

DR elmore - You're more than welcome.  -And you've been my HERO on more than one occasion too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #306 on: October 30, 2007, 06:29:42 PM »

thank you george

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #307 on: October 30, 2007, 06:29:55 PM »

As for tonight's cake selection:

From Amy's Bread - A slice each of Devil's Food Cake, and, of course, Monkey Cake.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #308 on: October 30, 2007, 06:31:27 PM »

And very sad to read of the passing of Robert Goulet.  -I know that Mr. Goulet was sort of an "idol" to many of the cast members of The Brain from Planet X.  -And they even paid him a tribute during their bows on closing night at The Acorn.  Goulet!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #309 on: October 30, 2007, 06:32:01 PM »

I think you should!   :D

I haven't listened to the Larson yet, but the three ladies are definitely worth it, imho.

Thanks for the info.  I get paid tonight, so it'll probably happen quite soonly. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #310 on: October 30, 2007, 06:32:12 PM »

So I guess DR Jose was really an angel tonight - I just dressed up like one!  Thanks for looking after our dear DR Elmore, Jose!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #311 on: October 30, 2007, 06:33:38 PM »

jose, i'll be watching your posts for more news of this interesting young man

Ginny

« Reply #312 on: October 30, 2007, 06:34:08 PM »

Trick or treaters were still visiting our house when I got home.  Our treats were little packages of candy corn.  One little girl, about 4 years old and dressed like a cheerleader, ran down our driveway yelling, "Candy corns, Daddy, we got candy corns!"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2007, 06:36:37 PM »

Sorry to hear about Robert Goulet.  DH Richard and I saw him in South Pacific in Cincinnati, years ago.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #314 on: October 30, 2007, 06:37:30 PM »

jose, i'll be watching your posts for more news of this interesting young man

I'm hoping I can find a photo of him to post here.  I'm sure he'll have many more fans after I do that.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #315 on: October 30, 2007, 06:37:55 PM »

Jane, I have not read The Road, but am quite enjoying Martha Moody's Best Friends, my group's November selection.

George

« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2007, 06:39:08 PM »

Would you be interested in Emily Skinner in THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK?

Umm...td?  I would!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2007, 06:45:05 PM »

thanks Ginny, I've added it to my ever growing list of books to read

George

« Reply #318 on: October 30, 2007, 06:45:12 PM »

Off to rehearsal!  

Jane

« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2007, 06:53:25 PM »

have fun

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2007, 07:00:40 PM »

Great news, BK.  

Here's the Chance Theatre's press release announcing BRAIN as part of its season (it's in pdf format)

http://www.chancetheater.com/press/p_r/2008Season.pdf

Am I reading that press release wrong, or are they describing it as the World Premiere of THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2007, 07:07:22 PM »

One more reason for living in New York City.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 07:07:58 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #322 on: October 30, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »

One more reason for living in New York City.

As if anyone needed a reason for living in New York City!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #323 on: October 30, 2007, 07:12:09 PM »

Another California fire picture... because I can!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 07:12:41 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #324 on: October 30, 2007, 07:14:37 PM »

Well, since no one else wants to chat, I guess I will go to bed.

'night.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: October 30, 2007, 07:16:10 PM »

The library where I work has ordered both books.  I have holds on both, also.  So...what else is wrong with this one??

I just opened the book to DUBARRY WAS A LADY this afternoon and found that misinformation.  I'm not sure I can trust anything the author writes.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #326 on: October 30, 2007, 07:17:15 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from my coaching.  Well, I was the coach and someone else was the "coachee".  ;)  It's gonna be an interesting process...

This young gentleman has been taken under the wing of a theatrical producer, as well as a casting agent.  He's very "green", but he has tons of natural talent and charm to spare.  -And his Irish/Italian heritage has also served him well in the "eye appeal" department.  The producer asked me a few weeks ago if I wouldn't mind helping him out with the singing end of his career right now, help him get focused, build repertoire, etc.  So we met tonight for the first time.

It was basically a meet and greet.  We didn't sing at all during the hour.  He's had an interesting career already so far.  His voice matured early (when he was 13), and throughout high school he was booked for various gigs.  Everything from opera to doo-wop to R&B to theatre gigs.  He even did a stint on tour singing back-up for a pop singer, and he had a record contract almost as soon as he got out of high school as part of a group - one of the many "boy bands" that came out the craze that 'N-Sync and Backstreet Boys started.  Alas, the record deal fell through, and he decided to take a few years to have a "normal life" - no music.  Well, he started to get the "itch" earlier this year, went to an audition for a small show off-off-Broadway, and got the gig!  And now....  Well, now the real work begins.

It's gonna be fun working with him.  He's actually been up for two major Broadway roles over the past two months, but when it came down to the final stages of the audition process "they" went with people who had more than one NYC theatrical credit on their resumes.  Sometimes being "green" can work for you, and sometimes it can't.  So, the goal right now is to make him comfortable being "green", to make his freshness an asset rather than an obstacle to being hired.  He's set a two-year goal, he wants to book a major gig in two years time.  I already have a feeling he'll be making that goal sooner rather than later.

As Kermit would say "It's not that easy being green"

Cillaliz

« Reply #327 on: October 30, 2007, 07:23:56 PM »

Thanks for the vibes for Callie. She's doing very well tonight.  My emotions have run the gamut about her today.  I am now ready to hear whatever it is I will hear tomorrow. At least then I'll have an idea what I'm dealing with and what I need to do.

Thanks for letting me go on and on about it here.  It's really helped

Jane

« Reply #328 on: October 30, 2007, 07:23:57 PM »

'night

Jane

« Reply #329 on: October 30, 2007, 07:24:48 PM »

cilla, i almost missed your post.  good, good luck tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up